Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough United Away - Updates

Comments

• Harriott up front is very interesting, as is Wiggins at left midfield. Looks like Peeters likes a lot of pace in the final third.

Or putting square pegs in round holes....
    Hopefully just trying it out through choice rather than need. With Tucudean and Pigott available maybe he is just assessing playing with pace and skill rather than a target man.
  • Harriott up front is very interesting, as is Wiggins at left midfield. Looks like Peeters likes a lot of pace in the final third.

Or putting square pegs in round holes....
    I thought those days were over when CP was shown the door.
  • 18' CLOSE! Gudmundsson has a free-kick deflected just wide. Vetokele fouled in the build up with Charlton building momentum #cafc #CAFCLive

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) July 30, 2014

Interesting Gudmundsson took the free kick!
  • Plus he is waiting until our new striker arrives
  • sasquatch said:

18' CLOSE! Gudmundsson has a free-kick deflected just wide. Vetokele fouled in the build up with Charlton building momentum #cafc #CAFCLive

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) July 30, 2014

Interesting Gudmundsson took the free kick!

Apparently he raced Jackson to take it.

Harriott getting praise.
  • I'll give everyone a chance mate, there's a difference between having a view and giving a chance.

Just I've not seen anything yet to suggest Harriott is a striker, particularly when patterned with someone I suspect is best when playing off a target man. Some people have been betting we'll finish top half, personally at this point that seems like cloud cuckoo land to me if that is our starting 11 (which I'm sure it won't be)
  • We are hassling them, not giving them much time on the ball, commentators have used the phrase exciting to describe us a few times too.
  • Agreed. I expect it will change at half time and may then be filed under unsuccessful experiment. Perhaps after he pretty woeful attacking displays we witnessed last season he is trying a number of possibilities.
  • Hariott scuffed one over the bar from an Igor nod down.
  • Vetokele/Harriott partnership getting plenty of praise.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Hariott scuffed one over the bar from an Igor nod down.

Let hope The Haters Brighton didn't see that
  • Good shot by Harriott and great save by Alnwick
  • Another fantastic link up between Vetokele & Harriott, Alnwick makes a good save.
  • Sordell and Harriott worked up front at the end of last season. I see Vetokele as a straight replacement for Sordell, albeit our player on a long term deal who has played for Peeters before.
    If Harriott makes it upfront he's worth a fortune compared to his form on the wing where he beats players but decisions have been poor.
    If Reza is at the exit then all the more reason to look at this in time for Brentford and the rest of the opening games.
    I have a theory that Fox is our new right back...let's see how we do...this is the biggest change in the squad for three years and Peeters still has a few games to find the best set up.
  • Good effort from Harriott and Alnwick saved for a corner.
  • Perhaps he is playing Harriot in the position he expects Moussa to play in when fit, to see if it might work
  • We are playing well from the sounds of it, just not giving Alnwick enough trouble yet, need a goal.

Ben Haim sounds like he is very steady at the back.
  • All Charlton this half, doesn't sound like Posh have had more than one effort. Expect Fergie MK2 to influence change in the second half and for us to get more pressure.

Obviously this game is crying out for Simon Church :-)
  • Fantastic effort from Gudmundsson but saved.
  • Great effort from Gudmunsson well saved by Alnwick.
    Apparently our delivery from set pieces have not been great.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need a striker coach. Wheres super clive.
  • Good first half performance, plenty of creativity not enough clinical finishing.
  • Good first half from the sounds of it, only the goals are missing
  • Looks like different set of players, same result, no goal scorer
  • Looks like we're playing very well and having loads of chances.

Alnwick is a top Championship keeper so wouldn't be surprised if he's playing quality today.
  • No changes at half time.
  • No sign of George at half time
  • Vetokele tracks all the way back to make the tackle, sounds commited.
  • Jackson getting more chance to get forward apparently with Buyens playing the deeper role in Midfield.