Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peterborough United Away - Updates

Comments

• Options
    Pope catches, and it finishes 0-0
  • Options
    More meh I reckon.
  • Options
    Final score 0-0 decent enough performance, especially the first half when we dominated.
  • Options
    Remind me which division Peterborough are in?
  • Options
    Our goal scoring problems still don't appear to have been addressed. Hope one of the signings is a player who can put the ball in the net
  • Options
    Lack of goals is a real worry.
  • Options
    Obviously i was just repeating the words used by the commentators but sounds a little optimistic if we can just start finishing more chances.

Looking forward to seeing the lads for the first time in person this summer on Saturday, as i will be attending the game, COYR!
  • Options
    I suppose if we won and won well, RD might think he doesn't need to buy any more players
  • Options

Have not been worried up until now, be we should be hitting the back of the net, albeit these are only friendlies.
  • Options
    Surprised that George didn't play, as I thought him and igor would be the strike pairing. Hope he doesn't become another polish pete.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The commentators for us are usually on the optimistic side of realistic.
  • Options
    It's the fact we can't score goals which is the concern. Nothing else. Why will that suddenly change in the first league game?
  • Options
    Braziliance I certainly think the true assessment will start from the Brentford game, but it would be nice to be a little more convinced, if only to get bums on seats. We have scored once in four pre-season games played in this country, yeah I know it's meaningless and all that, but I bet Bob and the players whish it had been better, let alone us the fans.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Have not been worried up until now, be we should be hitting the back of the net, albeit these are only friendlies.
    Welling no goals, St trudin no goals and tonight no goals. Surely it's going to be harder to score once the season starts.
    I was probably getting over confident given our summer signings but it isn't looking good.
  • Options
    People need to chill out IMO
  • Options
    Pre season is all about getting fit and not getting injured. Results mean zip.
  • Options

Pre season is all about getting fit and not getting injured. Results mean zip.

This
  • Options
    Hitting form in Pre-Season and scoring goals before going through a patch results without scoring in the League is something I can live without and would prefer our Strikers do it the other way round
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kermy said:

It's the fact we can't score goals which is the concern. Nothing else. Why will that suddenly change in the first league game?

Because it's literally just practice. I don't know if you've ever competed in anything (even in something small) but you don't push yourself to the limit for games like this.

Until Brentford is over I'm not gonna take any result seriously. Which I think we'll win by the way. Not concerned in the slightest. More worried about Derby and Wigan.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I suppose if we won and won well, RD might think he doesn't need to buy any more players

Good ploy from Bob then. I like his style :-)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Braziliance I certainly think the true assessment will start from the Brentford game, but it would be nice to be a little more convinced, if only to get bums on seats. We have scored once in four pre-season games played in this country, yeah I know it's meaningless and all that, but I bet Bob and the players whish it had been better, let alone us the fans.

Yeah I agree it probably does look better to win friendlies. But as long as the team are going into them with the right mentality then all is well. In my head the majority of them probably aren't taking it that seriously, especially the ones who know they have a place in the team. I wouldn't want them to put in a shift and risk an injury or whatever just to keep fans happy about winning a meaningless friendly.

It is cliche but it's as exactly as everyone says. It's just about fitness. I seriously would hate it if one of our important players went in and done his leg in or something. I'm far happier to see us get a 0-0 draw with chances created than to win with a 6-0 scoreline and one of our players to pick up an injury. Even a minor one.
  • Options
    What sort of reception did Alnwick get from our lot?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Are you saying they don't want to score because they're concentrating on getting fit?

No, I'm saying that they're not putting in there all cause there is no need. Any sensible manager would be completely against their players draining themselves if it isn't necessary. At least that's what I'm hoping anyway.
  • Options
    I was always told by my old man 'you're more likely to get injured going in half hearted than 100% committed'

That's why I was always bloody injured.
  • Options
    Why is it Charlton always seem to be just 3 players short of having a competitive team ?