Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Noble friend into 9/2 now
  • Options
    @PeanutsMolloy‌
    sussex national...........................reblis for me.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Noble friend into 9/2 now

Proud Times starting @7/2 joint fav....................was 17-1 when i posted. hmmmm
    @smiffyboy
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Had my doubts over mr mole, how wrong was I, what you think of Noble friend, 3:55 plumpton likes the ground 10/1 ATM was a 15/8 fav a few races ago

smiffyboy said:

Had my doubts over mr mole, how wrong was I, what you think of Noble friend, 3:55 plumpton likes the ground 10/1 ATM was a 15/8 fav a few races ago

Heavy form shocking, Plumpton runs bad and still a maiden = not for me,
    Proud times looks a better bet at larger odds. Jockey on fire, good record against top of the market horses with poor records.
    Muddling race.
    Good luck if you play, will probably romp up.
    Hold The Bucks has to win off a career high mark BUT his record at Plumpton over 2m is 2-5-2-1-1-1. All those runs were on ground from soft/heavy. Freddie Mitchell returns to ride claiming a valuable 7lbs and is two from two on the horse.

Avaialable at 5/1 with Skybet, he is generally a 9/2 shot (5.8 on Betfair).

boom
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Noble friend 3rd coming strong on run in but just lost out, 1 length covered the first 3 thought he was gonna get there @Absurdistan‌
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Proud times looks a better bet at larger odds. Jockey on fire, good record against top of the market horses with poor records.
    Muddling race.
    Hold The Bucks has to win off a career high mark BUT his record at Plumpton over 2m is 2-5-2-1-1-1. All those runs were on ground from soft/heavy. Freddie Mitchell returns to ride claiming a valuable 7lbs and is two from two on the horse.

boom
    Indeed - backed it in a double with Itoldyou @ 16/1 too :-)
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Muddling race.

boom
    Backed hold the bucks, you didn't tell us. :-1:
  • Options
    Nice one abs didn't realise that was the winner
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Muddling race.

boom
    No but I also didn't tell you about the second, two thirds and two no wheres I had with it too ;-(
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

Muddling race.

boom
    No but I also didn't tell you about the second, two thirds and two no wheres I had with it too ;-(
    Ok let you off :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@PeanutsMolloy‌
    sussex national...........................reblis for me.

Missed Plumpton today Abs as I went to the Larkhill PtPs. They have some serious former stars running between the flags these days. Good stuff and a fine hog roast to keep the wolf from the door. Few too many short price winners for my liking betting-wise though.
    Anyway, near thing with Reblis - looks like it was a cracker of a race....trust AA to be on the winner ;o)

PS That Noble Friend is owned by Roger Alwen's daughter.
  • Options
    Molly Dolly Looks a good horse to look out for made her debut and run a good race with some speed in the final furlongs coming from half way back beating an odds on Godolphin horse
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Danny Brock has just rode a nice race and won on Brigliadora @ 9/2
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Nice couple of wins picked up today
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There is a 17 grand (to the winner) listed race at Kempton tomorrow .. with THREE confirmed runners .. quite ridiculous, third place picks up over 3 grand
  • Options
    Same thing happened the other Saturday with a grade 1 I think there was 4 it's a joke really
  • Options

There is a 17 grand (to the winner) listed race at Kempton tomorrow .. with THREE confirmed runners .. quite ridiculous, third place picks up over 3 grand

And Mick Channon, or should I say, Henrietta Knight, ran Arkle prospect in a Class 5 maiden on the AW at Lingfield today.

These stables will do anything to avoid running their big guns against each other but it's about time the BHA abandoned ALL races with four or less runners (rather than just some on the AW). That will soon stop this from happening.
  • Options
    Chelmsfords looking a nice track
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Backed the winner in the first although he definitely got spooked by something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

smiffyboy said:

Backed the winner in the first although he definitely got spooked by something.
    I backed the second horse, it was me shouting.
  • Options
    Yeah something must of, he pulled right across only just hanging on
  • Options
    Double for kirby
  • Options
    I have backed two horses today.

In the Kelso 2.10 I am on Mister Marker who has drifted from 10 on Betfair out to its current price of 20. It is a bit of a leap of faith to forgive the horse's last three or four runs but the horse is 7lb lower than when winning in February and Nicky Richard's yard is in fantastic form at the moment with all five of their previous five runners prior to today winning.

In the 2.40 I'm on Snuker who has been backed from 8.8 in to 5.4 on Betfair and has every chance of replicating its penultimate start win.
  • Options
    bad day for me yesterday .. I am now gonna save most of my hard earned until Cheltenham .. bad ground, too many mediocre horses carrying too much weight and too many trainers (understandably) saving their best for the festival
  • Options
    Yeah looking forward to it got a nice little pot waiting for it which I'm hopping will increase after
  • Options

I have backed two horses today.

In the Kelso 2.10 I am on Mister Marker who has drifted from 10 on Betfair out to its current price of 20. It is a bit of a leap of faith to forgive the horse's last three or four runs but the horse is 7lb lower than when winning in February and Nicky Richard's yard is in fantastic form at the moment with all five of their previous five runners prior to today winning.

In the 2.40 I'm on Snuker who has been backed from 8.8 in to 5.4 on Betfair and has every chance of replicating its penultimate start win.

Mister Marker ran as the market predicted as if the horse really has gone sour.

Gave up all hope on Snukre (hit 160 in running) but full credit to Lucy Alexander who was fantastic with her perseverance to get the horse home when lots of other jockeys would have given up long time before.
  • Options
    Anyone see the 3:10 at Kelso scrafton leading by a couple of lengths and race in the bag literally stops a few meters from the line and eventually finished second
  • Options
    lol Champagne Fever down at the last. Great race.
  • Options
    Missed it Abs was champagne gonna win