Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options

PM - Alvarado running in the 2.10 Doncaster. Will no doubt doing his best work late.

LOL ....that old monkey. 13 chases since he last won - placed 6 times in those. What are you gonna do ?!? He'd still be closing fast but just held if it were a 6 miler :0)
    They're laying out for the 2024 Grand National
  • Options
    fehily great ride to beat mine in the 1.55
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Lol don't take tips from me ever

No worries Paddy. Caveat emptor applies to my fancies as well.
  • Options
    Good tip in the XC Paddy. Nice one.
    Bless The Wings was so unlucky to just miss out on a run in the last GN. Would have been on my slip.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Lol don't take tips from me ever

You spoke too soon Paddy - great shout for Bless The Wings
  • Options
    Saves the day! Now, if Jester Jet gets in the frame in the last I'll be a happy boy...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Saves the day! Now, if Jester Jet gets in the frame in the last I'll be a happy boy...

Frame was very much gotten in. A not-terrible day then if anyone was on board!
  • Options
    Lol had one more winner so up overall (on betting) but in Cheltenham now with 3 good mates who travelled from bournemouth. So we’ve had too many beers already and it’s not going to end well. See me Sunday.
  • Options
    The dog wasn't interested in jumping the hurdle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh my god, poor Starchitect, that was awful :(
  • Options

Oh my god, poor Starchitect, that was awful :(

That was absolutely heartbreaking. I loved that horse. Really good work from the cameraman to cut away, it's worth noting.
  • Options
    Sitting in the pub yesterday and my mate springs this on me.
    Nice return for a 10p lucky63.

• Options

Sitting in the pub yesterday and my mate springs this on me.
    Nice return for a 10p lucky63.

Shame, he didn’t include the 200/1 winner at Thurles yesterday.
  • Options
    @bobmunro my mate won the bet in the post above and has had his account suspended. I know it’s not your firm but is this standard for the industry? And what should he expect to happen next? He had left a couple of hundred in the account.
  • Options

@bobmunro my mate won the bet in the post above and has had his account suspended. I know it’s not your firm but is this standard for the industry? And what should he expect to happen next? He had left a couple of hundred in the account.

Does he use Twitter??

These big companies don’t like you exposing their distaste at taking money off them.
  • Options

Does he use Twitter??

These big companies don’t like you exposing their distaste at taking money off them.
    I would have thought that it would be the complete opposite - a successful small stakes multiple like this is exactly the sort of advert they want.
  • Options

Does he use Twitter??

I would have thought that it would be the complete opposite - a successful small stakes multiple like this is exactly the sort of advert they want.
    Well not if they immediately suspend his account with money still in there.
  • Options
    anyone venturing over to any festive racing? not doing lepordstown this year as sacked it off to go over for a weekend in febuary.
    going to head to kempton on 27th usually a good day out trains are nackered though so a bit of a pain to get to.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Does he use Twitter??

There could be other reasons for suspending the account i.e. bookmakers frequently don't ask you to evidence that you are who you say you are upon opening an account but will if they have to pay out over a certain amount. They might suspend the account pending that - has PB's friend's return actually hit his bank account?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does he use Twitter??

There could be other reasons for suspending the account i.e. bookmakers frequently don't ask you to evidence that you are who you say you are upon opening an account but will if they have to pay out over a certain amount. They might suspend the account pending that - has PB's friend's return actually hit his bank account?
    Correct.

There could be many reasons for suspending the account - most of them related to legislation such as Anti-Money Laundering, Proceeds of Crime, Know Your Customer and so on. It could also be as a result of investigations by sporting bodies into irregularities and so on. Most if not all outside the control of the bookmaker but they usually still get the blame.

The one reason I can guarantee is not the case is because the bookmaker doesn’t want to pay out a big winner.

• Options

Does he use Twitter??

Hasn't hit his bank yet as I think it takes 3-5 days. I understand what you're saying AA regarding id for withdrawals over a certain amount but why suspend the account when he has left a couple of hundred in to bet with and now can't? Surely they could just suspend the withdrawal until his details are verified.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Does he use Twitter??

Correct.

There could be many reasons for suspending the account - most of them related to legislation such as Anti-Money Laundering, Proceeds of Crime, Know Your Customer and so on. It could also be as a result of investigations by sporting bodies into irregularities and so on. Most if not all outside the control of the bookmaker but they usually still get the blame.

The one reason I can guarantee is not the case is because the bookmaker doesn’t want to pay out a big winner.

KYC checks should be done before the account is authorised surely?

Happy to take peoples money....
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Does he use Twitter??

Hasn't hit his bank yet as I think it takes 3-5 days. I understand what you're saying AA regarding id for withdrawals over a certain amount but why suspend the account when he has left a couple of hundred in to bet with and now can't? Surely they could just suspend the withdrawal until his details are verified.
    If anti money laundering is the reason, I think you'll find that it might not hit the bank account until he is verified. As for suspending it, I suspect that the reason is that the bookmaker cannot be seen allowing a punter to bet with money which could, effectively, from the proceeds of laundered money.

Personally I think that everyone should be KYC'd at the point of opening their account. But this probably doesn't happen because any number of punters wouldn't want the hassle of going through that process.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Does he use Twitter??

Correct.

KYC checks should be done before the account is authorised surely?

Happy to take peoples money....
    I agree but, for the reasons I have said, I suspect that not all companies do. I haven't had a bet in a bookmakers for over 10 years but I can't imagine people are KYC'd in shops when placing a bet - but, presumably, they are if they win over say £10K?
  • Options

Does he use Twitter??

If anti money laundering is the reason, I think you'll find that it might not hit the bank account until he is verified. As for suspending it, I suspect that the reason is that the bookmaker cannot be seen allowing a punter to bet with money which could, effectively, from the proceeds of laundered money.

Personally I think that everyone should be KYC'd at the point of opening their account. But this probably doesn't happen because any number of punters wouldn't want the hassle of going through that process.
    Also operationally it would be a nightmare, which is why bookmakers use the threshold approach for stakes before enhanced due diligence is carried out. Stakes means risk amounts and return amounts. The vast majority of customers never hit the thresholds - imagine what it would be like every national day with thousands and thousands of new customers needing full KYC for their fiver each-way!

• Options
    On a similar note - after years of manageable gambling losses, I have finally turned a modest profit in the last couple of years through my horse racing betting.
    Last Friday I received a message from Bet365 informing me that, after reviewing my account, my stakes were to be restricted. Yesterday I received a further message which withdrew the offers applying to the account, such as best odds guaranteed. Consequently it's no longer feasible to use the account, which is clearly their desired outcome.

No quite the message they try to convey in their advertising, is it?
  • Options
    going Ascot Friday so any tips would be appreciated
  • Options
    Bet365 are by far and away the worst for restrictions. Hate to break it to anyone posting big accumulator winners but if you are getting through those sort of bets your account is a losing one
  • Options

On a similar note - after years of manageable gambling losses, I have finally turned a modest profit in the last couple of years through my horse racing betting.
    Last Friday I received a message from Bet365 informing me that, after reviewing my account, my stakes were to be restricted. Yesterday I received a further message which withdrew the offers applying to the account, such as best odds guaranteed. Consequently it's no longer feasible to use the account, which is clearly their desired outcome.

No quite the message they try to convey in their advertising, is it?

Look at being restricted as a badge of honour - shows you're a shrewdie...