Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Top Five ..... Countries you would like to visit

124»

Comments

• hiya! colin here, and my first visit to this forum!!! longtime addick fanatic, born shooters hill, first lived kidbrooke, first fave players, len glover and keith peacock (1963 maybe?) been in los angeles for 25 years though, but never settled, and london accent retained:>) regarding this international travel thread, we (girlfriend and myself) have tried southern ecuador, jamaica and haiti in the last year, assessing different places/ways of living, and now off to chaing mai region of northern thailand in the next year...anyone, familiar? considering burma, laos, bali, cambodia too - we want a simple, rural, permaculture lifestyle (both longtime raw/vegans)...any inspired suggestions anyone?

...and on a footie note, while somewhat anxious, (well, it is charlton...), i am open-minded re the new season/regime etc., you gotta be right? what's the alternative? follow no-one? nahhh, i'm an addick forever, whoever is at the helm, however, i have of course wondered at some of their decisions - nevertheless, anything is better than the hulyer tumult, or more recently, the dowie/reed/pardew/parky years, surely?

Far too much American optimism, LA has clearly changed you!
  • I've been to most of the countries I wanted to visit.
    I've now given up on innoculations for nasty foreign diseases and malaria tablets (they don't agree with me). So places like the Philippines are off the list. My focus now is Scandinavia.
    That and continuing with the USA: five states left to go: Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware and Vermont.
  • cafcfan said:

I've been to most of the countries I wanted to visit.
    I've now given up on innoculations for nasty foreign diseases and malaria tablets (they don't agree with me). So places like the Philippines are off the list. My focus now is Scandinavia.
    That and continuing with the USA: five states left to go: Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware and Vermont.

Impressive count on the US states @cafcfan. Ticking them off myself and well into the 20's now after a recent trip to BC and the Northwest US. Vermont is lovely btw!

Reading the wish lists above I'm more well travelled than I first thought (no doubt due to being without ankle biters).

Got some massive gaps though including South America and most of Asia excluding a couple of trips to India and tbh can't see that changing too much. Of what's left I would still like to go to:

New Zealand
    British Virgin Islands
    Mozambique
    Singapore
    Finland
  • edited June 2014
    Countries I'd like to visit (Top.5)
    Norway
    Canada
    Iceland
    United States (Alaska)
    Peru

Countries I've visited (Top.5)
    New Zealand
    Australia
    United States (California)
    Germany
    Denmark

(Am sure Switzerland will be added to the latter list in a few weeks)
  • Japan
    China
    India
    Maldives
    Iceland

• China
    Cambodia
    South Africa (working on this one)
    Peru
    Jordan

Next on the list would be The Galapagos Islands and Vietnam

• Nice to see so many people saying South Africa :)
    If you do come, you have to bring a Charlton shirt for me though ;)

My top five would be:
    Switzerland
    Iceland
    South Pole (not a country I know)
    Chile
    Slovenia
  • Japan
    Dubai
    USA
    Canada
    Switzerland
  • Warren, you in SA too? AW know's him and B welcome to come and visit me, hence the 'working on it'. Can vouch for North Korea being a very interesting place to visit.

• Belgium
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Belgium
    and err..Belgium

(Do I win?)

Is that because you want to meet all those famous Belgians?

• Sponsored links:

• India
    Brazil
    Burma
    Oz
    South Africa
  • Australia
    Thailand
    Peru
    New Zealand
    Iceland
  • Can I have 3 for 1?:
    Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
    Mali
    Tibet
    Peru
    Sri Lanka.

Surely you know that is not a country?
    Or so the Chinese government would prefer you to accept. I prefer to accept the opinion of the Tibetan people on whether their country is a country.

http://tibet.net/
  • Can I have 3 for 1?:
    Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
    Mali
    Tibet
    Peru
    Sri Lanka.

Or so the Chinese government would prefer you to accept. I prefer to accept the opinion of the Tibetan people on whether their country is a country.

I suspect access to that web site might be blocked in China!
  • Warren, you in SA too? AW know's him and B welcome to come and visit me, hence the 'working on it'. Can vouch for North Korea being a very interesting place to visit.

Yeah, I am.
    Visited The Valley for the first time last year :)
  • China
    Denmark (by yacht)
    Thailand
    Chile
    Barbados
  • Argentina
    Japan
    Columbia
    India
    Laos
  • Australia
    NZ
    Vietnam
    Argentina
    Chile
  • cafcfan said:

Can I have 3 for 1?:
    Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
    Mali
    Tibet
    Peru
    Sri Lanka.

I suspect access to that web site might be blocked in China!
    This one too now. Oooops.
  • Where in SA Warren? Not sure how many times I'm going to get back to the Valley in the next 2 or 3 years. Maybe in December, if the fixtures work out
  • Sponsored links:

• New Zealand, Ghana, St Lucia, Namibia, Madagascar.
  • Vietnam (should be able to do this in the winter as my sister lives in Ho Chi Minh)
    Borneo
    Burma
    New Zealand
    Australia
  • Greenland
    North Korea
    Peru
    Fiji
    Japan
  • Botswana to do a water based safari
    Chile to visit the Torres del Paine
    China for the terracotta warriors and much more
    Canada, Vancouver and The Rockies
    Sweden in May to canoe between the deserted islands, camping on the beaches.

I am an outdoorsy sort of person in case the list did not give it away!

• Belgium
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Belgium
    and err..Belgium

(Do I win?)

Is that because you want to meet all those famous Belgians?

Are you RD in disguise?

• China
    Russia
    Canada
    New Zealand
    Afghanistan