Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Top Five ..... Countries you would like to visit

Comments

• edited June 2014
    San Seriffe
    Qwghlm
    Freedonia
    Gondor
    Lilliput
  • Costa Rica
    Indonesia
    Vietnam
    Madagascar
    Argentina

Combination of seeing the wildlife and the history. Went to a lot of dream destinations before I had kids (Aus, NZ, SA/Namibia, Ecuador). Taking my youngest abroad (Spain) for first time this year so looking forward to that.
  • Not been many countries, so...

1. Australia
    2. New Zealand
    3. Canada
    4. Maldives
    6. St Lucia
  • Canada
    Australia
    Russia
    Lapland
    Northern Ireland
  • Japan

Sweden

Australia

Cuba

Mexico (I did spend an evening in Tijuana, but that doesn't count. Anyway, what happened in Tijuana, stays in Tijuana.)
  • 1. Australia
    2. U.S
    3. New Zealand
    4. Russia
    5. Brazil
  • Wow - amazed at Japan appearing on so many wish lists.
    Can I ask why people haven't gone?

Cost I would imagine? For the purposes of this survey I was assuming money being no object - hence the Scandinavian countries in my list - they are easily accessible but I couldn't afford to do what I enjoy doing (eating out and drinking) if I went there.
    Yes, I guess you are right but as a visitor there two or three times a year, I find it considerably cheaper than Scandanavia, Switzerland and the posher parts of Europe.
  • 1.Argentina
    2.Russia
    3.Chile
    4.Finland
    5.Italy
  • Great thread, gets you thinking....

Sweden - for the women

Denmark - Ditto.

Brazil - Ditto.

Afghanistan - Fascinating country.

North Korea - To see totalitarianism close up.

• I've not got much left in Asia & Europe and I don't fancy Africa much, so I guess:

Brazil
    Peru
    Chile
    Argentina
    Malta
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow - amazed at Japan appearing on so many wish lists.

Maybe because it's expensive to get there and not exactly cheap once you are there?
  • Italy

Colombia - For the Alto de Letras (52 mile long cycling climb)

North Korea

Belgium

Ukraine - To visit Chernobyl, I don't know why but I'm just really interested in it.
  • Hungary, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland.
  • 1. Canada
    2. Brazil
    3. Mexico
    4. Argentina
    5. Madagascar
  • Salad said:

San Seriffe
    Qwghlm
    Freedonia
    Gondor
    Lilliput

Hail, Hail Freedonia
  • Australia
    New Zealand
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Mauritius
  • Japan
    Australia
    NZ
    Norway
    French Polynesia (if that is even a country)
  • NZ
    Canadia
    Thailand
    Iceland
    Czech Republic
  • edited June 2014

Wow - amazed at Japan appearing on so many wish lists.

Maybe because it's expensive to get there and not exactly cheap once you are there?
    I very rarely pay over £550 for KLM type flights - 15hours, but you can pay less on 30 hour flights via no name istan.

Food cheaper than London, beer cheaper in stores and hotel vending machines, and currently £5.80 for a pint of Guiness/Magners in Tokyo's best Irish bar, £4 for a pint of Asahi.

Travel can be expensive - though there are unlimited travel tickets available for tourists on busses and trains which are excellent value.
    £350 for unlimited train travel (excluding bulet trains) for 3 weeks, £170 for a week - outstanding value.

Hotels used to be the big expense, but looking just now on booking.com I see plenty of 3 star western style places in Tokyo at only £75 per night, loads of hostel/small hotels under £40 and flash 8.9 rated 4 star plus hotels at around the £60 - £100 mark - again I would say cheaper than London. Intercontinental is £134

I do believe 'expensive Japan' is a hangover myth from the 1980's - I just wanted to strongly recommend those of you with it on their wish list -take a close look. It's an amazing place and it CAN be done on a budget these days!
  • Israel
    Lebanon
    Brazil
    India
    and cheating slightly, The Basque Country
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2014
    hawksmoor said:

what happened in Tijuana, stays in Tijuana.)

Brass?
  • Brazil
    Cuba
    Madagascar
    Uganda
    New Zealand
  • India
    China
    Russia
    Brazil
    Argentina
  • Japan
    New Zealand
    USA
    Australia
    Brazil
  • dizzee said:

Hungary, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland.

Won't be too long before RD has us relocated there so you can look forward to ticking that one off the list.
  • Australia, Iceland, Brazil. South Africa, Russia.
  • Lots of votes for Canada - you can fly Air Transat to Calgary, rent a car or RV and meander across the mountains, through the Okanagan and over to Vancouver. A 10-14 day trip through the most incredible scenery and it shouldn't break the bank. Fly home from Vancouver.

Best to do this in our summer - which is the 8-13th July :)

• Italy

Colombia - For the Alto de Letras (52 mile long cycling climb)

North Korea

Belgium

Ukraine - To visit Chernobyl, I don't know why but I'm just really interested in it.

Visited when England played there a few years back. Personally found it a bit of a let down after the initial excitement. Maybe my expectations were exaggerated - imw not quite sure what I wanted to get from the visit tbh.
    Don't let that put you off though - a unique place.
  • Australia
    America
    Canada
    Iceland
    Japan/South Africa - can't decide.
  • Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, USA (been on business, but would love to see more), Scotland (been before, but would love to really visit the Highlands!)
    Anyone spot a theme?