Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Top Five ..... Countries you would like to visit

Comments

• Iceland
    Malaysia
    Borneo
    Antartica
    Vietnam
  • Already been to many listed here (total of 73 countries/islands). First some comments on some listed. Maldives my favourite, place. Been to Madagascar and Seychelles, both wonderful. Mauritius Ok, but has it's slum areas. Zanzibar an amazing place, but also has it's slums.

Places not been to but would like to:

Borneo (island, not strictly one country).
    Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe/Zambia).
    New Zealand.
    Any pacific islands such as Hawaii, Cook Islands, Fiji
    Whitsunday Islands, off of the coast of Queensland.

• Cuba
    Iceland
    North Korea
    Burma
    Madagascar

Japan can be done reasonably cheap as mentioned Elsewhere, Beer Can be Expensive when eating out but otherwise Hotels about the same as here. Japan Travel card best for trains.
  • Can I have 3 for 1?:
    Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
    Mali
    Tibet
    Peru
    Sri Lanka.

• South America
    Australasia
    North Pole
    South Pole
    Africa
  • Namibia
    Bhutan
    Iceland
    Brazil
    PNG
  • New Zealand
    Italy
    US
    Germany
    Vietnam
  • I've never been to me.
  • I forgot to mention Kashmir but that's a place not a country.
  • Australia

New Zealand

Canada

Barbados

Kenya (or other decent safari country)

Won't get to any of them in reality
  • Sponsored links:

• Oz
    Iceland
    Norway (If thats where the fjords are)!
    Galapagos Islands
    Japan
  • Japan
    Malaysia
    Canada
    Sri Lanka
    South Africa
  • Oz
    Italy
    New Zealand
    Brazil
    Russia
  • Norway-northern lights, whale watching, fjords, ice climbing. Beautiful people...
    Costa Rica- amazing animals, apparently the happiest place on earth
    Madagascar - loads of endemic species, including lemurs!
    Antarctica-landing on a sheet of ice and being somewhere pretty much untouched by people
    Ecuador-the Galápagos Islands! Always wanted to visit South America
  • Japan
    Vietnam
    Borneo
    New Zealand
    India
  • Travelled around Borneo for two months a few years ago, best place I have ever been. So different in each country, wild orang-utans are something else, as are the proboscis monkeys. The tribal people are absolutely fantastic, friendliest people I have ever met. Unfortunately much of it is being deforested at a ridiculous rate for palm oil, so I would recommend visiting sooner rather than later if you have the opportunity.
  • Brazil
    New Zealand
    India
    Nepal
    Greenland
  • edited June 2014
    It's top of my wish list @moutuakilla (though not on my posted list funnily enough). Main reason I want to go is to see the orang-utans. I think it's heartbreaking what is happening because of palm oil. I try not to buy anything with it as an ingredient but it doesn't help when it can be listed as vegetable oil. Man will never learn.
  • Wow - amazed at Japan appearing on so many wish lists.
    Can I ask why people haven't gone?

Cost I would imagine? For the purposes of this survey I was assuming money being no object - hence the Scandinavian countries in my list - they are easily accessible but I couldn't afford to do what I enjoy doing (eating out and drinking) if I went there.
    You're telling me, visited Helsinki recently and it was insanely expensive.

Argentina
    Chile
    Ghana
    Thailand
    Russia

• Thailand - without the Wife :)
    USA only been to Vegas but would love to see so much more of it
    Australia
    Morocco
    Italy

• Sponsored links:

• Turkey (Istanbul really)
    Bosnia
    Rwanda
    Peru
    South Korea
    Denmark

That's assuming my one trip to the Canaries prevents me from choosing Spain.
  • Iceland, I'd forgotten that one
  • Canada
    Germany
    Italy
    South Africa
    Japan

Only been to the US, UAE and a few countries in Europe so plenty to choose from.
  • It's top of my wish list @moutuakilla (though not on my posted list funnily enough). Main reason I want to go is to see the orang-utans. I think it's heartbreaking what is happening because of palm oil. I try not to buy anything with it as an ingredient but it doesn't help when it can be listed as vegetable oil. Man will never learn.

Consider Sumatra as well. It has orangs and is relatively easy and cheap to organise. It doesn't have proboscis monkeys but it does have siamang gibbons.

As an aside, look up the website 'Mongabay' if you want up to date news on palm oil, forests and of course animals.

• Cuba
    Thailand
    Australia
    Brazil
    Russia
  • I've never been abroad so......

England
    America
    Australia
    Germany
    France
  • Can I have 3 for 1?:
    Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
    Mali
    Tibet
    Peru
    Sri Lanka.

Surely you know that is not a country?
  • Eire
    Canada
    Venezuela
    South Korea
    Vietnam
  • hiya! colin here, and my first visit to this forum!!! longtime addick fanatic, born shooters hill, first lived kidbrooke, first fave players, len glover and keith peacock (1963 maybe?) been in los angeles for 25 years though, but never settled, and london accent retained:>) regarding this international travel thread, we (girlfriend and myself) have tried southern ecuador, jamaica and haiti in the last year, assessing different places/ways of living, and now off to chaing mai region of northern thailand in the next year...anyone, familiar? considering burma, laos, bali, cambodia too - we want a simple, rural, permaculture lifestyle (both longtime raw/vegans)...any inspired suggestions anyone?

...and on a footie note, while somewhat anxious, (well, it is charlton...), i am open-minded re the new season/regime etc., you gotta be right? what's the alternative? follow no-one? nahhh, i'm an addick forever, whoever is at the helm, however, i have of course wondered at some of their decisions - nevertheless, anything is better than the hulyer tumult, or more recently, the dowie/reed/pardew/parky years, surely?

• Welcome Colin