Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frank Lampard

124»

Comments

• Options
    Chelsea beat Barcelona 2-1 in a pre-season .. great start Frank !! and both goals scored by Englishmen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49087583
    Was less of a great start when they lost to Kawasaki 4 days ago.

Also it was a Barcelona without Messi or Suarez
    2 fading 32 year olds
  • Options
    Preseason means so little. 

Teams can be at different stages in their preseason when they meet etc
    Exactly. They lost to a Japanese side who are currently halfway through their season, then beat Barca who were playing their first pre season game. It means nothing.
  • Options
    Just saw a tweet about his last 19 games as manager.  He needs to stop managing immediately.  So far out of his depth 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Just saw a tweet about his last 19 games as manager.  He needs to stop managing immediately.  So far out of his depth 
    His last 14 matches as a Manager read - Won 0, Drew 1, Lost 13
  • Options
    I said he would be given big opportunities too early. Gerrard should have stayed at Rangers and properly found himself as a manager, with a bonus of having pressure to win games, big games if you like that sort of thing. 

Frank Lampard is an intelligent bloke but, but he needs to learn what being a manager is about and find a level where he can do that without having to deal with the shithouse players at both Chelsea and Everton, or any Premier league club for that matter, when those arseholes decide they won't play for someone they won't. He will get a lot more buy in from players at our level in the same way Lee Bowyer was able to and seemingly Joey Barton too. 

He can then decide how he wants to play the game, carry himself and really understand what the role entails without having to come out and apologise every week 
  • Options
    Might be better being a pundit.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I said he would be given big opportunities too early. Gerrard should have stayed at Rangers and properly found himself as a manager, with a bonus of having pressure to win games, big games if you like that sort of thing. 

Frank Lampard is an intelligent bloke but, but he needs to learn what being a manager is about and find a level where he can do that without having to deal with the shithouse players at both Chelsea and Everton, or any Premier league club for that matter, when those arseholes decide they won't play for someone they won't. He will get a lot more buy in from players at our level in the same way Lee Bowyer was able to and seemingly Joey Barton too. 

He can then decide how he wants to play the game, carry himself and really understand what the role entails without having to come out and apologise every week 
    He's tactically inept. His biggest achievement is taking over a Derby team that were 6th, leaning on his mates so he had a team in the championship that had Scott Carson, Fikayo Tomori, Tom Huddleston, Mason Mount and Harry Wilson and finishing... 6th. He won't make a manager. I can see Gerrard carving out a career though
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    His last 14 matches as a Manager read - Won 0, Drew 1, Lost 13
    What's actually quite remarkable about this is the 1 draw he got was away at Man City.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 win in his last 19. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Carter said:

He's tactically inept. His biggest achievement is taking over a Derby team that were 6th, leaning on his mates so he had a team in the championship that had Scott Carson, Fikayo Tomori, Tom Huddleston, Mason Mount and Harry Wilson and finishing... 6th. He won't make a manager. I can see Gerrard carving out a career though
    Surely his biggest achievement was taking a Chelsea side who'd just lost Hazard and couldn't make any new signings, and finished 4th and got them to the FA cup final.

I do agree that he won't make it as manager though. Surely no club will go near him after his current run. 
  • Options
    terrific footballer, absolute drongo as a manager ..  but still, I have big a soft spot for Frank Jnr .. he coached my eldest boy while they were both at West Ham, Frank giving up his free time to coach the juniors, and my sons will not hear a word said against Frank
  • Options
    How he got hired after one failure after another is beyond me.......Surely there are more deserving coaches out there....its a roundabout the epl....they jump off and then jump back on
  • Options
    Doesn’t surprise me about Lampard. A great player but I read his autobiography that he wrote in 2005/2006 at the height of the Mourinho era and he came over to me as an arrogant prick. Way too early for an autobiography. Never liked him since. 
  • Options
    As the months roll by more and more advertising space is available on his forehead