Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frank Lampard

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015

Been a top class Premiership player without any question and has always displayed a great attitude to the game in my opinion a role model for any young player. Good luck to him whatever he does next as I have said before when discussiing players I always ask the question "Would I have liked him at Charlton?" in Franks case it's a no brainer.

Matt spring would have kept him out of the charlton team.
    And with Dean Sinclair on the bench, Lampard wouldn't have even made it into the 16/18.
  • Options
    Some of the NYCFC "fans" comments on this are absolutely unbelievable;

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?forums/nycfc-supporters-discussion.12/

I've watched the expansion of the MLS with interest but the concept of being a supporter of a team that doesn't really exist yet and has never kicked a ball seems utterly ridiculous to me. But at least they're getting a taste of something which all football fans will go through - favourite players leaving for somewhere else, at least in this instance they never got too attached given that Frank has never actually played for them.
  • Options

Been a top class Premiership player without any question and has always displayed a great attitude to the game in my opinion a role model for any young player. Good luck to him whatever he does next as I have said before when discussiing players I always ask the question "Would I have liked him at Charlton?" in Franks case it's a no brainer.

Matt spring would have kept him out of the charlton team.
    And with Dean Sinclair on the bench, Lampard wouldn't have even made it into the 16/18.
    I forgot about him. What a player. Spring, Sinclair and Alex Stavrinou would have been an awesome midfield trio.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I've watched the expansion of the MLS with interest but the concept of being a supporter of a team that doesn't really exist yet and has never kicked a ball seems utterly ridiculous to me. But at least they're getting a taste of something which all football fans will go through - favourite players leaving for somewhere else, at least in this instance they never got too attached given that Frank has never actually played for them.

Wondered the exact same thing. How can a club that has never kicked a ball have any fans? If you live in New York and were that interested in football before now, surely you'd go and watch Red bulls or Cosmos. Although i know that technically the Red bulls play in new Jersey, it's only about 10 miles down the road.
    Are these NYCFC fans, fans of the Yankees who've just taken a sudden interest because of the partnership?

Total farce re: the Lampard issue though as it's basically telling new York that the owners are not really that bothered. Unless of course they go and make a big name signing in the next 2 months to make up for it.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Wondered the exact same thing. How can a club that has never kicked a ball have any fans? If you live in New York and were that interested in football before now, surely you'd go and watch Red bulls or Cosmos. Although i know that technically the Red bulls play in new Jersey, it's only about 10 miles down the road.
    Are these NYCFC fans, fans of the Yankees who've just taken a sudden interest because of the partnership?

Total farce re: the Lampard issue though as it's basically telling new York that the owners are not really that bothered. Unless of course they go and make a big name signing in the next 2 months to make up for it.
    Some of their "fans" have chosen to support NYCFC over Red Bulls because they don't believe the Red Bulls branding etc to be "authentic" enough - you couldn't make it up !
  • Options
    Stig said:

That's some career 13 consecutive seasons at Chelsea after 5 and a bit at West Ham. 106 international appearances.

I'm struggling to think of another father-son pairing where the son's playing record is such an improvement on the father's.

Terry and Michael Owen?
  • Options
    Frank's just scored for City again - no wonder City didn't want him going to NYCFC
  • Options
    Stig said:

That's some career 13 consecutive seasons at Chelsea after 5 and a bit at West Ham. 106 international appearances.

I'm struggling to think of another father-son pairing where the son's playing record is such an improvement on the father's.

Schmeichel, and Bradders
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon Church's father was crap.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Stig said:

To be fair his old man, though not at the same level, had a very decent career, 674 games for West Ham. There are clearly some good genes there!
  • Options
    Not only do they not have any fans, they are essentially owned by Man City and therefore they can't really complain about this as they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Man City?! They have David Villa joining them anyway
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    statement from The Premier League

does that mean he is not on loan
  • Options
    Stig said:

George Bush Senior's record:

Gulf Wars: 1
    Iraqi Dictators Toppled: 0
    Shoes Thrown at by Journalist and Dodged: 0

George W Bush's Record:

Gulf Wars: 1
    Iraqi Dictators Toppled: 1
    Shoes Thrown at by Journalist and Dodged: 1

Looks like a Whitehouse whitewash for Junior.

• Options

statement from The Premier League

does that mean he is not on loan

It means he signed for city group and can play where ever he chooses within their group

Wouldn't be surprised if Rd is and has not done similar within our network, and therefor has a way around ffp as what city have done is not illegal
  • Options
    Means he is a man city player. He is not on loan from New York.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I've watched the expansion of the MLS with interest but the concept of being a supporter of a team that doesn't really exist yet and has never kicked a ball seems utterly ridiculous to me.

Didn't stop Sevco fans piping up about The Rangers a couple of years ago. Let them have a couple of years of fun, I say. Surely NY deserve an obese hero who will eventually have to be sent on gardening leave?
  • Options
    All I can say about Frank Lampard is sheer and utter class. I hope he realises that he can do it at the highest level for another 2 seasons and stays over here. Legend. Stevie who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be a strong guy, or maybe lucky to play all those games without a serious injury. Fair play to him. Wonderful player and a gent. (Whammers think he is a Judas, haw, haw.)
  • Options
  • Options

just saw that, love how his face just drops
  • Options
    He's going to be a really successful manager.
  • Options
    Really liked what he said when thanking the fans about it being 10.30pm, not sure what time they would get home, then having to get up in the morning to go to work. In touch with the real world. Seems a decent bloke.
  • Options

Really liked what he said when thanking the fans about it being 10.30pm, not sure what time they would get home, then having to get up in the morning to go to work. In touch with the real world. Seems a decent bloke.

Remember that drive home from Chesterfield? When there was a diversion on the motorway but it was wrongly signposted and we both went round the same diversion twice! BWP scored a hat-trick I think. Reckon we won 4-2. Got home very late!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Remember that drive home from Chesterfield? When there was a diversion on the motorway but it was wrongly signposted and we both went round the same diversion twice! BWP scored a hat-trick I think. Reckon we won 4-2. Got home very late!
    Bollocks to that game.

If I remember correctly that was rearranged me and @stackitsteve had tickets for original game, got to Blackwall tunnel and heard it was called off, couldnt get to rearranged game and BWP got the hattrick, was fuming that we couldnt go
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The way the media go on about him, I thought they were storming the championship. I checked earlier and they're 6th.

Haven't seen Derby play at all, just saying.
  • Options
    derby have been around the playoffs the last few seasons,

last 10 seasons;

17/18 - 6th
    16/17 - 9th
    15/16 - 5th
    14/15 - 8th
    13/14 - 3rd
    12/13 - 10th
    11/12 - 12th
    10/11 - 19th
    09/10 - 14th
    08/09 - 18th

very likeable bloke, but will getting playoffs and losing will enough?

the media love in is a bit annoying but in my generation a very good club player and always gave his all every time he pulled on that 3 lions shirt - would rather that they go on about derby than a club that hasn't been premier league for 14 years ( Leeds )
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Riviera said:

The way the media go on about him, I thought they were storming the championship. I checked earlier and they're 6th.

Haven't seen Derby play at all, just saying.
    11 points behind Leeds too, and 7 behind Sheffield United. He's doing well, but nothing exceptional