Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Frank Lampard

Comments

• I remember when I first saw Frank Lampard, we played West ham in a pre season friendly and the west ham fans were giving him stick for only getting in the team because of Frank Lampard senior and Harry Redknapp being his uncle. i believe it was the game where a Dutch guy on loan did bad fouls on Super Clive and Matty Holmes.

I realize that most hammers are morons but this abuse of a young player was over the top. I have watch his career with interest ever since even though I detest Chelsea I have always like Frank as he seemed very dedicated and bright for a pro footballer.
    Plus he never seemed to get injured !

Not sure if his status will help to get better players to Derby if the wages or transfer fees don't strech that far.
    I wish him well.
  • Riviera said:

Really liked what he said when thanking the fans about it being 10.30pm, not sure what time they would get home, then having to get up in the morning to go to work. In touch with the real world. Seems a decent bloke.

Remember that drive home from Chesterfield? When there was a diversion on the motorway but it was wrongly signposted and we both went round the same diversion twice! BWP scored a hat-trick I think. Reckon we won 4-2. Got home very late!
    Do I know you then Riviera? I remember the game and sure I went with Golfie and A.N. Other?
  • edited January 2019

Riviera said:

Really liked what he said when thanking the fans about it being 10.30pm, not sure what time they would get home, then having to get up in the morning to go to work. In touch with the real world. Seems a decent bloke.

Remember that drive home from Chesterfield? When there was a diversion on the motorway but it was wrongly signposted and we both went round the same diversion twice! BWP scored a hat-trick I think. Reckon we won 4-2. Got home very late!
    Bollocks to that game.

If I remember correctly that was rearranged me and @stackitsteve had tickets for original game, got to Blackwall tunnel and heard it was called off, couldnt get to rearranged game and BWP got the hattrick, was fuming that we couldnt go
    Yup was rearranged game, I was just getting off the train at chesterfield when received a text saying called off. Ended doing a pub crawl in town until evening train back to London. Also couldn’t make the rearranged midweek game. Gutted missed Bradley’s hat trick.
  • Riviera said:

Do I know you then Riviera? I remember the game and sure I went with Golfie and A.N. Other?
    Of course you know me! Well not personally but I sat in front of you for about 4 seasons and we have mutual friends at LBBW. I remember you moaning the next day on here about the fiasco on the motorway. In fact I think you said "someone needs shooting.." for the debacle. In fact I think it was Golfie who made that quote!
  • A lot of rumours going round that after the Europa final Chelsea are going to sack Sarri and announce Lampard as their new manager.

Absolutely crazy decision.

So Chelsea who were 5th last season, employed Sarri to get them back into the champions league. He's finished 3rd. Objective achieved. On top of this they were a shoot out away from winning the league cup, and they may well win the Europa league.

How on earth do they expect Lampard, a managerial veteran of 10 months, who's just finished 6th in the championship to fare any better?
  • and quite possibly without Eden Hazard

• Sarri should have seen Lampard’s threat to his role, Bielsa would 
  • Be good to see Chelsea with an English manager, would be first for a looooong time. Lampard is well respected, nay loved, at the club and the players would respond to him. As for being a 'novice manager', watch what his team did to Leeds last week and the terrific attacking football it plays.
    AND of course our 'novice manager' has the most successful win rate in the EFL over the past year or so.
    B T W I am a BIG Lampard fan 
  • A lot of rumours going round that after the Europa final Chelsea are going to sack Sarri and announce Lampard as their new manager.

Absolutely crazy decision.

So Chelsea who were 5th last season, employed Sarri to get them back into the champions league. He's finished 3rd. Objective achieved. On top of this they were a shoot out away from winning the league cup, and they may well win the Europa league.

How on earth do they expect Lampard, a managerial veteran of 10 months, who's just finished 6th in the championship to fare any better?
    I fully expect Frank Lampard to end up as Chelsea's manager but would think that's still 2 or 3 years down the line.
    John Terry will want that job as well but may have to accept being the number 2.

A manager is only as good as the players at his disposal. If Pep Guardiola was Brighton's manager this season with the same budget they  would have got relegated because he has no experience of parking two buses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Be good to see Chelsea with an English manager, would be first for a looooong time. Lampard is well respected, nay loved, at the club and the players would respond to him. As for being a 'novice manager', watch what his team did to Leeds last week and the terrific attacking football it plays.
    AND of course our 'novice manager' has the most successful win rate in the EFL over the past year or so.
    Was Hoddle their last English manager?
    he was, back in the early 90s .. there have been 'temporary managers', Wilkins, Holland, Rix for a total of about 2 weeks and four games between them
    he was, back in the early 90s .. there have been 'temporary managers', Wilkins, Holland, Rix for a total of about 2 weeks and four games between them
    Bloody hell.

what about the other top teams

City - Pearce?
    Liverpool - ?
    Spurs - Sherwood?
    Arsenal - ?
    United - ?
    Bloody hell.

City - Pearce?
    Liverpool - ?
    Spurs - Sherwood?
    Arsenal - ?
    United - ?
    Liverpool had Hodgson
    United's last English manager was presumably Big Ron
    Arsenal, Don Howe?

To be fair, there have been UK managers of these clubs as well.
    Bloody hell.

City - Pearce?
    Liverpool - ?
    Spurs - Sherwood?
    Arsenal - ?
    United - ?
    Liverpool had Hodgson
    Arsenal, Don Howe?

I completely forgot about Hodgson at the bin dippers.

• Only pre-season and i'm sure he's just taking a look at some of them, but it's good to see Lampard giving a lot of the Chelsea kids a go. Mount, Palmer, Gilmour, Abraham, Tomori all playing. This transfer ban will be a good thing for Chelsea.
    Bloody hell.

City - Pearce?
    Liverpool - ?
    Spurs - Sherwood?
    Arsenal - ?
    United - ?
    Liverpool had Hodgson
    Arsenal, Don Howe?

Remarkably Wenger and Emery are Arsenal's only Managers from beyond these shores
  • Only pre-season and i'm sure he's just taking a look at some of them, but it's good to see Lampard giving a lot of the Chelsea kids a go. Mount, Palmer, Gilmour, Abraham, Tomori all playing. This transfer ban will be a good thing for Chelsea.
    The transfer ban may be a good thing for the England national team but I don’t see it being a good thing for Chelsea in the short-term. 
  • edited July 2019
    I for some reason want him him to fail not because of who he is but because of the Chelsea merry go round
    What club gets rid of a manager who won them champions league and many Good managers since yet think a manager with one years championship experience will succeed ?
    Footballs gone mad
    And all this cobblers I keep reading that he will bring youngsters through!yeh because he has no choice
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    I remember when I first saw Frank Lampard, we played West ham in a pre season friendly and the west ham fans were giving him stick for only getting in the team because of Frank Lampard senior and Harry Redknapp being his uncle. i believe it was the game where a Dutch guy on loan did bad fouls on Super Clive and Matty Holmes. I realize that most hammers are morons but this abuse of a young player was over the top. I have watch his career with interest ever since even though I detest Chelsea I have always like Frank as he seemed very dedicated and bright for a pro footballer. Plus he never seemed to get injured ! Not sure if his status will help to get better players to Derby if the wages or transfer fees don't strech that far. I wish him well.
    Interesting hearing Redknapp on Lampard when he was first breaking through: https://youtu.be/eAjd_jTvURc
  • Lampard will be a spectacular failure at chelsea mark my words.  He'll make Vila Boas look like a genius
  • edited July 2019
    Lampard will be a spectacular failure at chelsea mark my words.  He'll make Vila Boas look like a genius
    It can be argued that Villas Boas is a genius. He won four trophies in his first season with Porto: league title, Europa League, Portuguese FA Cup equivalent and Portuguese Super Cup.
  • Lampard will be a spectacular failure at chelsea mark my words.  He'll make Vila Boas look like a genius
    It can be argued that Villas Boas is a genius. He won four trophies in his first season with Porto: league title, Europa League, Portuguese FA Cup equivalent and Portuguese Super Cup.
    Not if you had eyes and a brain
  • Scoham said:
    I remember when I first saw Frank Lampard, we played West ham in a pre season friendly and the west ham fans were giving him stick for only getting in the team because of Frank Lampard senior and Harry Redknapp being his uncle. i believe it was the game where a Dutch guy on loan did bad fouls on Super Clive and Matty Holmes. I realize that most hammers are morons but this abuse of a young player was over the top. I have watch his career with interest ever since even though I detest Chelsea I have always like Frank as he seemed very dedicated and bright for a pro footballer. Plus he never seemed to get injured ! Not sure if his status will help to get better players to Derby if the wages or transfer fees don't strech that far. I wish him well.
    Interesting hearing Redknapp on Lampard when he was first breaking through: https://youtu.be/eAjd_jTvURc
    Quite tough for young Frank there, hearing a fan slag him off like that. Harry wasn't certainly right when it comes to Frank, though Matt Holland did end up an excellent PL player
  • edited July 2019
    Chelsea beat Barcelona 2-1 in a pre-season .. great start Frank !! and both goals scored by Englishmen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49087583
  • edited July 2019
    Are they now Frank Lampards Chelsea?
  • Scoham said:
    Quite tough for young Frank there, hearing a fan slag him off like that. Harry wasn't certainly right when it comes to Frank, though Matt Holland did end up an excellent PL player
    He was comparing Lampard to the other guy (Canham?) wasn't he?
  • Chelsea beat Barcelona 2-1 in a pre-season .. great start Frank !! and both goals scored by Englishmen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49087583
    Was less of a great start when they lost to Kawasaki 4 days ago.

Also it was a Barcelona without Messi or Suarez
  • Preseason means so little. 

Teams can be at different stages in their preseason when they meet etc