Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surrey ccc

Comments

• in case any of you on here didn't know, Kent won by 5 wickets :) 
  • Notts 116 all out.
    Virdy takes 8 wickets. 
    Need to win this one.
  • A posting on the Surrey thread, I thought it had been closed down by the mods  :)

Mad match at Trent Bridge. Crazy that after 2 days, 27 wickets have fallen, all but 1 to spinners. Notts even opened with 2 spinners today, and Stuart Broad hasn't bowled at all in this innings
  • well the rumours from the last England white ball tour that Plunkett had suddenly 'Lost it' seem correct. I would prefer Dernbach in the side right now.

Unless something changes he should not be in the final world cup squad. And this is coming from soemoene who is a big fan of Liam and was delighted when we signed him. I also felt he should have gone on the last ashes tour.

But at 34 now and reportedly having lost a yard and a half of pace it may be that he simply isn't the bowler he was a year ago.

I presume Plunkett has found it again.

you dont know how long it took me to find this when I couldn't remember who said it  - the England world cup thread is very long !!

• MrOneLung said:

well the rumours from the last England white ball tour that Plunkett had suddenly 'Lost it' seem correct. I would prefer Dernbach in the side right now.

Unless something changes he should not be in the final world cup squad. And this is coming from soemoene who is a big fan of Liam and was delighted when we signed him. I also felt he should have gone on the last ashes tour.

But at 34 now and reportedly having lost a yard and a half of pace it may be that he simply isn't the bowler he was a year ago.

you dont know how long it took me to find this when I couldn't remember who said it  - the England world cup thread is very long !!

To be fair to canters he wasn't the only one saying this.
    I'm happy to say Plunkett proved a lot of us wrong.
  • On a brighter note Surrey thrash Notts inside three days. 
  • MrOneLung said:

well the rumours from the last England white ball tour that Plunkett had suddenly 'Lost it' seem correct. I would prefer Dernbach in the side right now.

To be fair to canters he wasn't the only one saying this.
    I'm happy to say Plunkett proved a lot of us wrong.
    Me too. Absolutely delighted he did well. More tha  happy to eat my hat on this one. As of about 2 games in I was calling for Liam to be reinstated.
  • edited July 2019
    Squad for tonight's T20 opener. Looks massively out of balance. Missing Roy and Pope big time. Also odd that Smith is missing as he is the one batsman in form and is best suited to this format. Odd. 

Finch
    Jacks
    Foakes
    Burns
    Clark
    Sam
    Clarke
    Tom
    Batty
    Dernbach
    Tahir

Balance feels all wrong for me but I just can't bring myself to pick Patel with his strike rate of 20 or Borthwick who is woefully out of form and doesn't play this format. The odd game we have him last year he batted at 9. I'd rather the Clark(e)s and Currans had a bat ahead of them.

Also 3 number 11s there.

Bowling depth is pretty strong with Plunkett not available and Morkel rested. Mckerr Dunn and Meaker are all decent in this format too when they return from injury.

Worrying lack of batting, our only hope is Pope to be back soon. Roy and Burns are unlikely to be available much. GET JAMIE SMITH IN THE SIDE!!
  • Agree Canterburuaddick, looks a very unbalanced squad, the batting looks stayed except for Finch of course. Was at Trent Bridge and most people expected Smith to be in this squad. If they win it will be down to the quality of our oversees internationals, both of who are great one day players.
  • Err, just a friendly warning, guys.....

Don't look at the Essex scorecard.....  
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Err, just a friendly warning, guys.....

Err, just a friendly warning, guys.....

bloody hell

• is it a 30 yard boundary ?
  • Think they must be playing with a tennis ball.

15 per over !!!!!
  • Surrey 19 for 0 off 1 over 
  • Make that 37 -4 off 3.3 overs .....
  • 31-0 to 32-4 classic
  • Crikey just seen essexs score.. Did they bowl underarm.
  • Just seen the score. 

Then i see it was also reduced to 15 overs !!! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Just seen the score. 

Then i see it was also reduced to 15 overs !!! 
    That run rate over 20 overs is more than 300 runs. Incredible.
  • Tom Curran... 3 overs for 63 runs. Ouch.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    Tom Curran... 3 overs for 63 runs. Ouch.
    Imran Tahir went at 19.5 an over...
  • Not entirely related to last nights game but highlighted by the balance of the side we put out.

Not a season goes by when we don't desperately miss Tom Maynard in all formats. We still don't have that destructive middle order player who can adapt to every situation and all conditions. The lad really was class and is exactly what we need coming in at 4 to back up the likes of Roy/Finch/Jacks. The unbelievable talent the lad had, I have no doubt that he would have been in and around that England squad that won the world cup. #TLM55
  • Not entirely related to last nights game but highlighted by the balance of the side we put out.

Not a season goes by when we don't desperately miss Tom Maynard in all formats. We still don't have that destructive middle order player who can adapt to every situation and all conditions. The lad really was class and is exactly what we need coming in at 4 to back up the likes of Roy/Finch/Jacks. The unbelievable talent the lad had, I have no doubt that he would have been in and around that England squad that won the world cup. #TLM55
    That's clutching at straws a bit, Canters.

We've missed Ollie Pope this year from what I've seen and don't forget Jason Roy, who, at this rate, might not touch a ball in a brown cap this season.

We've missed Ollie Pope this year from what I've seen and don't forget Jason Roy, who, at this rate, might not touch a ball in a brown cap this season.

Obviously we are missing Roy at the top of the order and Popes improvisation as a finisher. 

My point is we have never really replaced Maynard. We have not found a real powerful middle order player in any format. Wel still have tht gap 7 years on.

Obviously we are missing Roy at the top of the order and Popes improvisation as a finisher. 

My point is we have never really replaced Maynard. We have not found a real powerful middle order player in any format. Wel still have tht gap 7 years on.
    We ( KCCC) have never really replaced Colin Cowdrey ! 

Not that many 25 stone batsman about tbh

My dear old Dad used to say he fielded in the slips with a pork pie in his pocket. 

My dear old Dad used to say he fielded in the slips with a pork pie in his pocket. 
    Imagine how he would look now with all the superfit athletes of today. 
    Could still bat as well as most of them though. He really was very good. 
  • Wasn't he a Charlton director for a period?
  • Wasn't he a Charlton director for a period?
    Sacked for eating the chef