Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey ccc

Comments

• Options
    First ball of the season, Porter to Burns from the Pavilion End. Forward Defensive to Gully and we're off.
  • Options
    2 runs off the first over. Siddle opening the bowling from the Vauxhall End. I'll drop back in from time to time.
  • Options
    Solid start. 34 for 0, off 7 overs.  Burns 21, Stoneman 11. A couple of play and misses early on, but apart from that, no alarms.  Burns with some good shots to the short boundary on the Harleyford Road side.
  • Options
    First chance of the innings. Burns dropped at second slip off Quinn. Oh dear. Stoneman followed it with a hook to the square leg boundary, where Siddle made a horlicks of trying to stop the boundary. Start up the clown music.

51-0 off 12. Burns 26, Stoneman 19.
  • Options
    75 for 1. Burns c. White b Porter 31. Caught behind fishing at one that lifted outside the off stump. 

Ryan Patel in at 3.
  • Options
    82 for 2. Stoneman c. White b. Siddle 45. Similar to Burns dismissal. Patel still on 0 after half-hour at the crease. Momentum has stalled. Pope in at no.4.
  • Options
    86 for 3. Pope c. Lawrence b Siddle 4. Caught second slip driving, after a cover drive for 4. Good fight back by Essex.
  • Options
    Last over before lunch. Foakes 0 no, Patel still 0 no after 45 mins. At 75-0 it looked like a good total. But Essex have dominated the last half-hour. Innings needs a re-build, and I need a warm-up. Managed to last the session, but too chilly, so off into town now. Over to the usual suspects to post the score this afternoon. 

Surrey 86 for 3 at Lunch.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates all. Been following the commentary a bit whilst at work. Planning on leaving early and getting most of the last session in on my way home. It's free to get in after tea so can't complain.
  • Options
    Foakes was dropped second ball after lunch but otherwise he's progressed well, and Patel has got off the mark.

120-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    50 for Foakes, making the most of his reprieve.

156-3
  • Options
    Foakes c Cook b Harmer 69

181-4
  • Options
    ten Doeschate brings himself on to bowl the last over before tea, but damages his back while bowling so Tom Westley completes the over.

223-4 at tea, Patel on 40 and Jacks on 22
  • Options
    50 for Patel

244-4
  • Options
    50 for Jacks, most of which has come in boundaries

265-4
  • Options
    300 up
  • Options
    Hate to say it @MrOneLung but I think Porter has got the yips or something. He's been wayward and a bit expensive all day but this evening session he has been a joke. He has pulled out of his run up in his delivery stride at least 20 times this session already. One particular over was a joke he did it 5 times including 3 before he actually delivered a ball. He's also been no balled a few times. 

Not sure if his back is bothering him as I know he had trouble with it over the winter but he has looked half the player he did last season.
  • Options
    Will Jacks is some talent. Played some lovely shots off Peter siddle. This is some innings and puts down a hell of a marker. 
  • Options
    Will Jacks is some talent. Played some lovely shots off Peter siddle. This is some innings and puts down a hell of a marker. 
    Shit. I ruined that didn't I.

Still a top innings. Gutted for him.
  • Options
    Jacks b Siddle 88

332-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarke lbw b Siddle 0

332-6
  • Options
    T Curran lbw b Harmer 8

341-7
  • Options
    342-7 at stumps, Patel on 70 and Plunkett on 0
  • Options
    Hate to say it @MrOneLung but I think Porter has got the yips or something. He's been wayward and a bit expensive all day but this evening session he has been a joke. He has pulled out of his run up in his delivery stride at least 20 times this session already. One particular over was a joke he did it 5 times including 3 before he actually delivered a ball. He's also been no balled a few times. 

Not sure if his back is bothering him as I know he had trouble with it over the winter but he has looked half the player he did last season.
    Cheers Canters. 

Will have to find out. 
  • Options

That's why I'm trying hard to stay clear of the Kent thread ! 

Canters - The Surrey Fanny ! 

:-)
  • Options

That's why I'm trying hard to stay clear of the Kent thread ! 

Canters - The Surrey Fanny ! 

:-)
    I've been called worse....
  • Options
    Plunkett b Siddle 0

346-8
  • Options
    van den Bergh lbw b Siddle 16

372-9
  • Options
    Really need that 400
  • Options
    Patel going beyond snails pace. Thisbis a bit of a joke. I got it earlier in the innings when we needed an anchor. But batting this morning with the tail he needed to at the least work the ball around and get the 1s and 2s. Accumulate.