Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Per woo thread

Comments

• Options
    This mob are making England look good!
  • Options
    hopes
    Sturridge, Sterling, Barkley, Henderson, lallana, wilshere

no hope
    Welbeck, Smalling, Milner, Johnson...Rooney!
  • Options
    Glen Johnson is doing his best to get dropped from the squad!
  • Options
    Okay performance in the end. Thought Wilshere made a difference and looked good.

It's absolutely pathetic that we haven't got a right back better than Johnson. He is CACK!
  • Options
    Glad I lumped on England to win the world cup before that authoritative display. Keep this up and I can see them starting as favourites. What a team.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not sure Henderson brings anything to the team. His passing is so off the mark. I would have Milner or Wiltshire ahead in the pecking order for the Italy game.
  • Options
    I thought JH had a good game.

He is the water carrier.....best runner in the squad. Playing that system, IMO thats a must as we dont have a world class striker, u could swap wilshere for gerrard but not for JH.

Hart
    Gash johnson
    Jags
    Cahill
    Baines

Henderson gerrard/wilshere

Lallana Barkley Sterling

Sturridge
  • Options

Watched 'one night in Turin ' again last night.
    I'm right in the mood me.

My film! :-)
  • Options
    That score flattered us, i do hope Hodgson has the bravery to just play our best players at the World Cup rather then our biggest names.

Sterling & Wilshere needs to start at the very least.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only caught the last 10 minutes but Henderson made a couple of really nice passes and was dictating the tempo from central areas.

Be interesting to see how we'll get through the 180 minutes in Miami.
  • Options
    Wilshere looked good when he came on. Thought Lallana was levels above Milner.

Sterling looks like he could struggle internationally.

Our defense is prone to making errors, very worrying against a better side.

Rooney yet again becomes average the moment a major tournament turns up.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Who did you play Clive?
  • Options

supaclive said:

Who did you play Clive?
    Gazza
  • Options

Rooney yet again becomes average the moment a major tournament turns up. <</b>/blockquote>

Euro 2004?

• Options
    Well that was a load of rubbish
  • Options

Rooney yet again becomes average the moment a major tournament turns up. <</b>/blockquote>

Euro 2004?

True, he did play well then - but that was 10 years ago!

Love him to prove me wrong but Rooney looks a busted flush at this level, not quick enough against the very best defenders.

The question is will Roy have the balls to drop him?
  • Options
    We don't want to play well in poxy friendlies as it's pointless.

Save ourselves for important matches.

Wait for a competitive game....to see how shite we are. Joke, and just wait.
  • Options
    Brilliant video that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Okay performance in the end. Thought Wilshere made a difference and looked good.

It's absolutely pathetic that we haven't got a right back better than Johnson. He is CACK!

Apart from making the first goal by chasing down a lost cause, winning a throw and then having the presence of mind to take it quickly.

That score flattered us, i do hope Hodgson has the bravery to just play our best players at the World Cup rather then our biggest names.

Yet when the boot is on the other foot, the score NEVER flatters the opposition does it? We "get what we deserved" for not passing/shooting/dribbling/wearing the right bootlaces...
    dizzee said:

Again, what exactly do the team have to do to please you ( a man like the rest of us, who watches Charlton week in week out ) turn into 1970 Brazil overnight?

I am not saying any of you are actually wrong, but this constant predictable knocking of the national team no matter what they do is tedious.
  • Options
    Who is that screaming in the video?? Bloody annoying cow!!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Apart from making the first goal by chasing down a lost cause, winning a throw and then having the presence of mind to take it quickly.

Yet when the boot is on the other foot, the score NEVER flatters the opposition does it? We "get what we deserved" for not passing/shooting/dribbling/wearing the right bootlaces...
    dizzee said:

Again, what exactly do the team have to do to please you ( a man like the rest of us, who watches Charlton week in week out ) turn into 1970 Brazil overnight?

I am not saying any of you are actually wrong, but this constant predictable knocking of the national team no matter what they do is tedious.
    the bloke gets caught out of position every single time the opposition attack. He made a great tackle in the first half but that was only because his position was 10 yards the wrong side. Then if he's not caught up the pitch he's 3 yards behind his back 3 and playing everyone on side. He gives the ball away in sloppy positions and his decision making is generally woeful. He will be out downfall in Brazil and it wouldn't suprise me to see an attacking winger given the elbow to play Milner, who has to basically baby sit Glen Johnson. By far our weakest link.

I don't like the England bashing as much as you mate, but I'll say it as I see it when it comes to individual players and Glen Johnson is not international quality. It's sad that we haven't produced a real quality right back since Gary Neville.
  • Options
    Fair comment, but I think you could have qualified your initial post Gary, by mentioning that he did a sterling job (for once) in setting up that goal...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I was not having major bash at the England team, i think we actually have a squad for the first time in many years that could have a real go at upsetting the odds.

That if coached with more bravery we could be a special team to watch this World Cup, as much as i respect Roy, it is why im dissapointed that at the same time, we have some really exciting young attacking talent coming through we have a defence first manager.

I also think that Johnson is a good player for England.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Euro 2004?

If you still want to play a player who was last good 10 years ago then go ahead.

I focus on the 3 tournaments since
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rooney hasnt been in genuine form since 2011/12 at club level. Whatever he had in terms of physicality he has lost it. I hope he proves me wrong

Paul Scholes came out and basically said he was finished at Elite European level. Doesnt work hard enough on his conditioning.

Interesting case study for a footballer. Had it all, peeshed it away. Zero goals at a world cup finals. Of course he has won trophies and earned big bucks but he hasnt lived upto his footballing potential. I hope the next generation show a lot more application and commitment for their profession.
  • Options

Was there last night with my boy and we said exactly that! Solly (genuinely) would have looked better than Johnson in there.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Got to tell you. As funny as that clip looks, those plastic clappers converted to paper aeroplanes that were being lobbed around all night were a bloody liability! They were flying around the stands at varying rates of knots and you couldn't turn your head without the risk of having your eye taken out by one! Amazing what amuses folk!

Grumpy old git rant over.