Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Atletico vs Real

Can't wait, especially after watching the dross at Wembley earlier.
My heart says Atletico, my head says Real.
Gonna be tight unless Real blow them away.

Fixed, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Looking forward to it. Going to Walkabout @ Temple to watch but would be open to going to a Spanish bar if anyone knows any near there (there's a Barcelona bar on one of the boats on the river there but not sure if it'll be open) ?
  • You could try Mustard bar in St. Pauls. I saw the european championship semi and final there - not sure if its run by a Spaniard, but its where a lot of Spanish go to watch football in London.
  • You could try Mustard bar in St. Pauls. I saw the european championship semi and final there - not sure if its run by a Spaniard, but its where a lot of Spanish go to watch football in London.

Changed hands and no longer Mustard. called Yager now.
  • Still chock full o' immigrant Spanish students coming over here and drinking their own beer though I bet... ;)
  • Still chock full o' immigrant Spanish students coming over here and drinking their own beer though I bet... ;)

Ah - same as the Porkies then... LOL.

Atletico for me.

• edited May 2014
    No 'h' (sorry).
  • As someone of a leftward-leaning political persuasion, it's a case of anyone but Real Madrid, seeing as they were the favoured team if the Franco regime. I suspect, unfortunately, that my weekend is going to ruined by a Redknapp & Real double bill.
  • As someone of a leftward-leaning political persuasion, it's a case of anyone but Real Madrid, seeing as they were the favoured team if the Franco regime. I suspect, unfortunately, that my weekend is going to ruined by a Redknapp & Real double bill.

Nigel Farage doesn't support QPR, he's a stripey.

Nigel Farage doesn't support QPR, he's a stripey.
    @Absurdistan‌
    Nope, don't get that. Please explain.
  • Cristiano Ronaldo produced a Eusebio-esque performance against Sweden to get his country into the World Cup Finals. I'm interested to see if he can produce another special performance to match Eusebio's in the early sixties, when Benfica won it twice and he got a brace against Real Madrid. Maybe even match Puskas & Di Stefano (7 goals between them v eintracht at Hampden in 1960) as a Real legend.

Bale also has a shot at the greatest Welsh player of all-time. John Charles never won a major Eurpean medal at Juventus. The old-ins on here could probably do a better comparison.

It could be historic in many ways if Real get the Decima.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hoping for Atletico, but I put the mockers on Derby earlier. Huge gamble on Diego Costa backfired spectacularly. He didn't look right from the off.
  • Casillas clanger! Get in there!!
  • That's what happens when you don't play every week if you're a keeper. Get in there!
  • Typical that the one British player is by far the worst. What a miss.
  • That Gabi is a hell of a player. The level Poyet should aspire to
  • Atletico have been superb so far
  • SE7_N20 said:

Atletico have been superb so far

If a jammy goal and cynical fouling counts as superb, sad for the future of football.
  • Am I the only one who wants Real to win?
  • SE7_N20 said:

Atletico have been superb so far

You're watching a very different game to me. Neither team impressing so far
  • Watching in Cape Town on Supersport, and the 2 expert summarisers are Shaun Bartlett and John Barnes - did they ever play in same team for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching in Cape Town on Supersport, and the 2 expert summarisers are Shaun Bartlett and John Barnes - did they ever play in same team for us?

No
  • In the sense of a team who have never won the champions league, doing what they need to do to win and so far getting the job done, in my opinion they have been superb. Just like they have been for most of the season
  • Game on
  • Don't like the fella, but that's a cracking header from Ramos.
  • Knew that was going to happen! Casillas has just promised Ramos the earth for saving his arse!
  • Brilliant goal, justice...............game on.
  • Balls.
  • Forces of evil been at it today, christ
  • Athletico had defended so well, fear for them on extra time, but their team spirit is something else.
  • Two last minute goals today are really pissing me off