Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nick Pope

Comments

• That Jason Mooney York have signed is 6ft9!!!

We should sign him then because he passes the Charlton life height test.
  • That Jason Mooney York have signed is 6ft9!!!

When he leaps he'll have to be careful not to bang his head against the crossbar!
  • edited May 2014
    shirty5 said:

I don't think he is Ready yet can not compare league 2 to championship

Joe Hart. Played 36 times in the premier league side, Birmingham in 09/10 when was 22. Premier league keeper of the season.

Started his career at Shrewsbury in the conference as a 17 year old and then had a full season in League 2 when he was 19 and was named league 2 keeper of the season.
    Yes but that is Joe hart ? Im talking about Nick Pope

Ian Wright played in non league scored goals then played for Arsenal & Scored goals.

Chris Dickson Played in non league & scored goals and then .. well he went to Charlton.

• I'm looking forward to seeing "The Velcro Man".
  • Stig said:

I'm looking forward to seeing "The Velcro Man".

• 'He will go on to play in the Premiership, best keeper since Kiely.'

Let's hope we can say the same!
  • York mate of mine has fifty quid on him playing for England one day. He's gutted he won't be going back as he loved his catching ability but also how he has the intelligence to spot how to turn defence into attack with a well aimed throw or kick.

We could have a gem on our hands.
  • York mate of mine has fifty quid on him playing for England one day. He's gutted he won't be going back as he loved his catching ability but also how he has the intelligence to spot how to turn defence into attack with a well aimed throw or kick.

We could have a gem on our hands.

Been taking lessons from Thuram ??
  • Sounds like he's at the top of his game. He's our keeper and will be full of confidence coming into the first team squad. I say give him the number 1. I'd rather have Pope than a loan keeper and risk a player being recalled and then upset the team. Peeters will make a decision soon i have no doubt.
  • Just signed a contract extension until 2018.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good move
  • Excellent news. Perhaps the Club can include him in the first team squad in the Player Profiles section of the OS now. I was a bit worried when I saw he'd been omitted.
  • Just signed a contract extension until 2018.

That's really positive.
  • Best news of the week.
  • Just an idea, but I think he needs first team football, Blackpool need a GK,
    IMO it would not be a bad idea to send him to Blackpool with a 24 hour recall clause, then if Henderson gets injured Pope can come back
    IMO it would not be a bad idea to send him to Blackpool with a 24 hour recall clause, then if Henderson gets injured Pope can come back

Until our other players prove themselves as being good enough for the Championship it would make no sense to strengthen a rival

Send him to an utter basket case of a club. Good plan. Like your thinking.
  • Sending him to another champ. club is plain stooped, when do clubs send a loan to a rival club eh?

The gift that keeps on giving
  • Sponsored links:

• dont see how it would affect us, we put the clause in there to stop him playing against us, would rather he was on loan playing against teams in our division than lower down and not learning anything
  • Even if we had that clause he could still potentially be helping a rival club gain points in all but 2 games.
    Generally if a player goes out on loan it's because they're generally considered to need match time but at a lower division, otherwise they could be getting that game time at their own club anyway, generally.
  • I see where you are coming from... however I don't think it would be a good idea. They are a shambles at the moment. League 1 would be good.
  • edited August 2014
    RedMist said:

Sending him to another champ. club is plain stooped, when do clubs send a loan to a rival club eh?

• LuckyReds said:

RedMist said:

Sending him to another champ. club is plain stooped, when do clubs send a loan to a rival club eh?

They thought they could relegate us.
  • edited March 2015
    I still maintain he's the second best keeper at the club! We should have stuck with him while Henderson was out! The whole team was low on confidence and having Bikey who had turned into a liability in front of him didn't help! Idaresay that with Johnson and Gomez in front of him he'd look a different prospect! you get inconsistencies from youngsters but he was not the problem and shouldn't have been made the fall guy by Bob. Is a better player than Etheridge and Dimitrovic!

The question is will he want to stay as number two next year or will he be looking to move on??
  • dont see how it would affect us, we put the clause in there to stop him playing against us, would rather he was on loan playing against teams in our division than lower down and not learning anything

I know this post was a while back and irrellevant now, but I'm pretty sure you'll find that loaned players not playing against their own club is a league ruling, rather than a clause.

Just sayin..................

I know this post was a while back and irrellevant now, but I'm pretty sure you'll find that loaned players not playing against their own club is a league ruling, rather than a clause.

Paulie got a bit of a pasting for this but Mourinho is a big fan of loaning fringe players to fellow Prem clubs. He likes it because they can't hurt his team but they can hurt his rivals. Think of how Lukaku took points off Arsenal and Liverpool etc last season. If we were pushing for Play-offs it wouldn't be a terrible idea
  • I still maintain he's the second best keeper at the club! We should have stuck with him while Henderson was out! The whole team was low on confidence and having Bikey who had turned into a liability in front of him didn't help! Idaresay that with Johnson and Gomez in front of him he'd look a different prospect! you get inconsistencies from youngsters but he was not the problem and shouldn't have been made the fall guy by Bob. Is a better player than Etheridge and Dimitrovic!

The question is will he want to stay as number two next year or will he be looking to move on??

I think the problem is that whilst it was not his fault his confidence was suffering big time and it could have hampered his development as a player. I would rather he was with Bury growing as a player and building his confidence than being in the U21 not playing behind Johnson & Gomez.

I worry about him for next season as Markova is a true network player and may get the political nod over him.

We also seem to have too many potentially very good keepers and his Charlton prospects maybe affected by that.

It would not surprise me to see him on a season long League 1 loan in 2015/16 or sold.

Paulie got a bit of a pasting for this but Mourinho is a big fan of loaning fringe players to fellow Prem clubs. He likes it because they can't hurt his team but they can hurt his rivals. Think of how Lukaku took points off Arsenal and Liverpool etc last season. If we were pushing for Play-offs it wouldn't be a terrible idea
    The difference is, Chelsea know that they're going to be competing for the title, we can't guarantee that we'll be competing for the playoffs and also have no idea which teams we will and won't be competing with or at which end of the table we'll be at. Not a bad idea in principle though.