Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options
    Solidgone said:

Look at you, getting yourselves in a pickle over little old us.

A summer isn't made due to the sighting of a single swallow. However, the weather has, if only temporarily, gotten slightly warmer.

Very Poetic but no mention of the larks or the early sight of snowdrops appearing in the Garden so not that confident. It’s funny what 3 points from a win can conjure up. Alas it’s frost and weeds in the Addicks household at the moment.
    It's a fair comment. It doesn't, however, conjure up anywhere near the comedy that 0 points does :wink:
  • Options

Exactly ,safe for another season zzzzz

They scraped a 1-0 win over a terrible side who played over 80 minutes with 10 men, hardly a result to strike fear into the rest of the championship. They're 1 point ahead of the drop zone.
    Tend to agree with this. Yesterday’s result is only papering over the cracks. Harris is getting his tactics badly wrong week on week out , and we have a wafer thin squad that’s effected by injuries. He needs a couple of decent signings in the transfer window, but I’m not too optimistic on that front either.
    I still think you'll be ok. Bolton will do well to survive, and i think you'll be lucky and find at least 2 worse sides than you. Ipswich, Rotherham and a freefalling Wigan seem the most likely candidates.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Even with 10/9 men , Reading had 58 per cent possession.
    Then again, a big lump up field often loses you possession.
  • Options

Even with 10/9 men , Reading had 58 per cent possession.
    Then again, a big lump up field often loses you possession.

He's currently up front for the Hammers tonight....
  • Options
    Personally I hope they stay up and we go up, easy 6 points for us next season :)
  • Options

Personally I hope they stay up and we go up, easy 6 points for us next season :)

When do we ever get 3 points, let alone the full 6. I love your optimism but i wouldn't be so sure about getting a win over them, would rather they go down and we avoid them completely.
  • Options

You must be new to this Charlton supporting stuff. ;)
  • Options

You must be new to this Charlton supporting stuff. ;)
    We couldn't beat them even if they had their legs in plaster.
  • Options

I take it by 'easy 6 points' you mean a drab draw at home and a 2 or 3 goal beating away?
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trust me gents I am Millwall scarred, 1st game I ever saw as a young lad we lost 4-3 at home (Valley) to guess who......................... Since that day only seen 3 other victories over 40 years of pain
  • Options
    Oops, maths all skewed, 50 years of pain, match was 1968.
  • Options

Exactly ,safe for another season zzzzz

• Options
    They're only 3 pts clear of the relegation zone at the moment having just won back to back games.

Unlike the nigels who always seem to enjoy the full 3 pts moving away by 3 pts every time they win.

Lots to play for yet but I have to admit I think Ipswich and Bolton are already booked in for League One next season while Reading or Rotherham will probably take the last relegation place.
  • Options
    With Millwall due to visit Portman Road in the next league match.
  • Options

I agree with you MF, pathetic figures for the Championship...
    Genuine figures. Not beefed up with a few thousand freebies or the dirt cheap season tickets that get sold but rarely used.

My point of sharing this though was the Charlton comment a few posts in.

• Options

Genuine figures. Not beefed up with a few thousand freebies or the dirt cheap season tickets that get sold but rarely used.

Also second post in about trains.
  • Options

I've got two freebies for the Hull Cup game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I rarely ever LOL a post based on someone's opinion but this deserves one no doubt.

Genuine figures at Millwall and a few thousand freebies at Charlton?

All clubs inflate figures including your 'genuine' crowds at The Den.

Granted yes there will be some freebies at Charlton via the community Trust but again all clubs do this.

Your lot do love to try and get little wins here and there like the points you raised or number of times played at Wembley. All of which is just noise when you've never won an FA Cup or hosted Premier League football at The Den.
  • Options

I rarely ever LOL a post based on someone's opinion but this deserves one no doubt.

Granted yes there will be some freebies at Charlton via the community Trust but again all clubs do this.

Your lot do love to try and get little wins here and there like the points you raised or number of times played at Wembley. All of which is just noise when you've never won an FA Cup or hosted Premier League football at The Den.
    Top flight football didn’t start when the Premier league started.

Re freebies, obviously all clubs give a few away but it is well known in London football circles that Charlton give away thousands, especially since Roland has taken over and is trying to sell the club at a profit. He desperately needs the attendance figures to look better than they are.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Re freebies, obviously all clubs give a few away but it is well known in London football circles that Charlton give away thousands, especially since Roland has taken over and is trying to sell the club at a profit. He desperately needs the attendance figures to look better than they are.

Even if we do give away 'thousands' they're not going to be season tickets and nor bundled onto one match. Freebies on a match by match basis probably aren't enough to make any real impact into the official attendance. I understand the point you're making but I can't help but feel it has the usual Millwall slant on it to exaggerate the reality.

Personally I think it's a good thing to get heavily involved in the community and if that means a few freebies go out then great it's how you hook the kids in to come back a second time with the family, this time all paying instead of on a freebie. Maybe instead of looking at it as Charlton give away thousands of freebies the way to look at it could be, is my own club doing enough in the community to hook in new fans?
  • Options

Even if we do give away 'thousands' they're not going to be season tickets and nor bundled onto one match. Freebies on a match by match basis probably aren't enough to make any real impact into the official attendance. I understand the point you're making but I can't help but feel it has the usual Millwall slant on it to exaggerate the reality.

Personally I think it's a good thing to get heavily involved in the community and if that means a few freebies go out then great it's how you hook the kids in to come back a second time with the family, this time all paying instead of on a freebie. Maybe instead of looking at it as Charlton give away thousands of freebies the way to look at it could be, is my own club doing enough in the community to hook in new fans?

They give the freebies away and then count them in the attendance regardless of whether the person with the freebie turns up or not. Most don’t.

Bottom line is, when we’re going through the ringer and things are tough, Millwall and Charlton’s hardcore support is of a very similar size. Only difference is you have more delusions of grandeur, as you spent a fair time in the top flight recently and bussed a load of newbie fans in from the Home Counties with the promise of subsidised travel and cheap tickets. Those fans aren’t hardcore and won’t have the staying power of the more seasoned fan. As you’ve since found out.

Re the community, My club win lots of awards and credit for the work we do in our local community. It’s one of the few things we get right!
  • Options

Re the community, My club win lots of awards and credit for the work we do in our local community. It’s one of the few things we get right!
    Yes. I've seen your fans redecorate a few pubs, thoughtfully arrange for some cars to be made ready for the scrap yard and even hasten opposition fans hospital visits. You're all heart :smile:
  • Options

They give the freebies away and then count them in the attendance regardless of whether the person with the freebie turns up or not. Most don’t.

Bottom line is, when we’re going through the ringer and things are tough, Millwall and Charlton’s hardcore support is of a very similar size. Only difference is you have more delusions of grandeur, as you spent a fair time in the top flight recently and bussed a load of newbie fans in from the Home Counties with the promise of subsidised travel and cheap tickets. Those fans aren’t hardcore and won’t have the staying power of the more seasoned fan. As you’ve since found out.

And there's me thinking nothing could cheer me up today!
  • Options
    My point after a fee beers is please don’t come on here as an away fan and particularly of fuckung Millwall and start giving it. Yes you are as a club where we would like to be and perhaps good luck to you but on the whole fuck off.
  • Options
    To me thats the difference betwee @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan

BBW always seem nice and friendly
    MF is just a c**t
  • Options

To me thats the difference betwee @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan

BBW always seem nice and friendly

MF is just a c**t

Especially if you give them cake.