Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options
    I expect them to sign Eaves from Gillingham.

I hope that they get relegated and we get promoted and return the correct order of all things football.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I expect them to sign Eaves from Gillingham.

I hope that they get relegated and we get promoted and return the correct order of all things football.

There is a strong rumour that he is one of three targets we're after.
  • Options
    I'll take a good look at Millwall on Saturday when they play Stoke. I've got my brother-in-law and some of his mates in the box with me (all Millwall) so could be a laugh!!

Millwall are clearly having a bad run, but Stoke are crap - doesn't bode well for an entertaining game.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I'll take a good look at Millwall on Saturday when they play Stoke. I've got my brother-in-law and some of his mates in the box with me (all Millwall) so could be a laugh!!

Millwall are clearly having a bad run, but Stoke are crap - doesn't bode well for an entertaining game.

Their away form is bizarre. 12 games without a win on the road last season, then suddenly went on a run of 7 wins and a draw from 8 away games. Since then just 4 draws from 13 away games.
  • Options

Can’t see Bolton or Ipswich making a fight of it. I think it’s down to one space in the bottom 3, and I reckon Millwall be safe come April time.

However, until that time comes I will enjoy seeing Millwall in the bottom 3. Can’t see them getting anything at Stoke at the weekend.

I dunno about Ipswich you know, Paul Lambert could be a pretty good appointment and they've bounced back with a win under him fairly quickly - I wouldn't write them off yet, although it'd take something big. My Ipswich-supporting mate who shares the Charlton pessimistic spirit rates their chances still.

Bolton though are toast. Millwall... they've got out of it a few times before and in a relegation scrap they could make The Toolbox a difficult place to go even for the top teams - need a response soon though. Got everything crossed that we can swap places with them, means an extra 6 points to play for if we did go up!
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Can’t see Bolton or Ipswich making a fight of it. I think it’s down to one space in the bottom 3, and I reckon Millwall be safe come April time.

However, until that time comes I will enjoy seeing Millwall in the bottom 3. Can’t see them getting anything at Stoke at the weekend.

I dunno about Ipswich you know, Paul Lambert could be a pretty good appointment and they've bounced back with a win under him fairly quickly - I wouldn't write them off yet, although it'd take something big. My Ipswich-supporting mate who shares the Charlton pessimistic spirit rates their chances still.

Bolton though are toast. Millwall... they've got out of it a few times before and in a relegation scrap they could make The Toolbox a difficult place to go even for the top teams - need a response soon though. Got everything crossed that we can swap places with them, means an extra 6 points to play for if we did go up!
    I think the Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham relegation at 5/1 is very generous. It’s 2/1 for Reading instead of Rotherham.

Ipswich have 14 points to almost mathematically stay up they will need another 36 points which is about 12 wins, the same number of wins we have won this season. Can’t personally see it but that’s the beauty of the championship.

• Options
    edited December 2018

I think the Ipswich, Bolton and Rotherham relegation at 5/1 is very generous. It’s 2/1 for Reading instead of Rotherham.

Ipswich have 14 points to almost mathematically stay up they will need another 36 points which is about 12 wins, the same number of wins we have won this season. Can’t personally see it but that’s the beauty of the championship.

You say that but they are only 5 points behind Reading ATM in 21st so its not that unlikely
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Should I be offended that we don't even warrant a mention, or relieved that they haven't publicised our dismal record against the spanners?

Looks like they’ve only used main rivals in the article. Millwall v Charlton is obviously a very local derby but you aren’t our main rivals.
    We’re your cup final.
    Yes, very LDV-esque.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

MrLargo said:

Should I be offended that we don't even warrant a mention, or relieved that they haven't publicised our dismal record against the spanners?

Looks like they’ve only used main rivals in the article. Millwall v Charlton is obviously a very local derby but you aren’t our main rivals.
    its west ammmm of course you double hard bastards
  • Options
    edited December 2018

MrLargo said:

And thank fuck for that too... that would be very scary!
  • Options

MrLargo said:

West Ham 1st then Palace 2nd....Millwall love us.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Do Liverpool class Everton as their main rival? Probably not.
  • Options
    There is a natural order of things and it always gets found over time, and it is Millwall below us.
  • Options

There is a natural order of things and it always gets found over time, and it is Millwall below us.

It's the hope that kills you.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

West Ham 1st then Palace 2nd....Millwall love us.
    of course changing the jubilee line entrance signage to celebrate a non derby win is normal aswell
  • Options

MrLargo said:

It’s not just all about you though is it ?

Millwall are Charlton main rivals.

• Options

MrLargo said:

Yes but most neutrals wouldn’t look at Millwall Charlton as big rivals.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

MrLargo said:

To be fair, nobody would look at Millwall and think they are big anything.
    Big C***s
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Agreed. I think most outsiders would look at our history compared to yours and presume it was a Manchester United/Bury sort of rivalry (although Bury have actually won a major trophy so maybe that's not the best comparison). Anyway, 10.15 on a Thursday evening means it's time for me to head to bed with a box of Kleenex and a picture of the FA Cup. Presume you're doing something similar with a picture of an Auto Windscreens runners-up medal.
    Mmmmmnn...kinky :blush:
  • Options
    edited December 2018

It's the hope that kills you.
    Let's see where we are at the end of the season B)
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Agreed. I think most outsiders would look at our history compared to yours and presume it was a Manchester United/Bury sort of rivalry (although Bury have actually won a major trophy so maybe that's not the best comparison). Anyway, 10.15 on a Thursday evening means it's time for me to head to bed with a box of Kleenex and a picture of the FA Cup. Presume you're doing something similar with a picture of an Auto Windscreens runners-up medal.
    I’ve seen us pick up an FA Cup runners up medal. Was you alive to see your FA Cup win?
  • Options

MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

I’ve seen us pick up an FA Cup runners up losers medal. Was you alive to see your FA Cup win?
  • Options

MrLargo said:

That’s because we roll over and have our tummies tickled.
  • Options
    It would seem that some of you were quite tired last night, judging by the offerings on show.

Did we all have a nice sleep and is everyone feeling refreshed today?

I do hope so as there's no excuse for banter as poor as your record against us.

#belikeBury
  • Options
    We have a rubbish owner but he won't be here forever. Enjoy being higher than us Millwall fans, it may only last half a season more even with our new owner. Millwall are nothing compared to us. Their only use is they are a filter for all the fans we don't want to have.
  • Options

We have a rubbish owner but he won't be here forever. Enjoy being higher than us Millwall fans, it may only last half a season more even with our new owner. Millwall are nothing compared to us. Their only use is they are a filter for all the fans we don't want to have.

Ego, much.

We don't 'enjoy' being in a higher division than you. It's not a thought that crosses anyone's mind, to be honest.

I think you're being somewhat, unjustifiably, prickly.