Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This season's best memories/moments

13»

Comments

• Options
    1. League cup v Oxford ( a comfortable home win 4-0 ).
    2. Jackson winner v QPR.
    3. The emergence of Poyet.
    4.The all round performance & atmosphere v Watford.
  • Options
    Kermorgants block on the Bournemouth defender to allow Devitte to score the winner,
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Leeds away, from the time I saw us beat them 2-1 in the premiership with a last minute winner from Scott Parker to the sublime pass from Astrid that led to the superb Reza strike in April. I just love beating Leeds.

The pass from Astrid to find Obika in the Forest game which led to the Cousins winner.

JJ's last minute winner to put one over QPR

But for me the way the team came back after the Barnsley defeat, to draw with Bolton and somehow recover from a 2 goal deficit to beat SWFC 3-2 was awesome.

Looking forward with optimism to next season.
  • Options
    Start with the worst moment of the season. Even now the memory brings me out in a cold sweat. I had my head in my hands, tears had started to flow. I just did not realise Charlton could make me so unhappy. The match? Barnsley!!! No, not the defeat, the postponement. Instead of being able to happily drop off Mrs Banstead I ending up having to join her in rotten Bluewater. Worse day ever!!!
    Best? There were a few but Ipswich away was good as Banstead Jr was the mascot and the whole way through the game he sat there keeping the faith and getting angry at the Ipswich fans taunting us. Then when JJ saved the match cue bedlam. We went mad, including Mrs Banstead, even Batman and Robin were there to cheer us all up
  • Options
    Jackson's goal against QPR, it seemed to give everyone belief we could beat the drop, Getting the evil eye from Norman Hunter, and also getting out of the Sheff Wed press seats in one piece, they really did not like us at all...... and the Upbeats thoroughly enjoying their time on the pitch.
  • Options
    Worst

- The annual humiliation at home to Millwall. Really can't take any more defeats to that mob. Compounded by getting beyond drunk post match and making a right tit of myself in about 4 different places, nearly starting multiple fights and needing to be physically carried home by two pals

Best

- The day after the annual humiliation at home to Millwall and finding i had pocketed and done a runner with the whip money. Every cloud and all that :-)
  • Options
    Done a runner or carried home. Which was it?
  • Options
    well not exactly done a runner, but i could still walk at that point. Things seemed to go downhill pretty rapidly from there where i got a cab to our local. I think you know the rest...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1.JJ's last minute winner against QPR - the game was broadcast live here in China and I can still vividly remember I got sooo excited that my hands were shaking when I was typing on the Match Thread.

2.The Brighton game on Boxing day and the win against Sheff Wed on Apr.21.

3.The moment when I knew we were safe.

4.For me personally, this season is the best I've experienced in the past many years because I discovered Charlton Life (well strictly speaking I signed up back in 2011 but didn't start posting until this season) and 'met' some of the greatest people. Fanny, Granpa, ShootersHillGuru and AddickUpNorth made my dream come true. They and all the other kind members, like Seth, Leroy, AFKA and LookOut have made me feel part of this big Charlton family despite being so far away. Sorry if I've missed anyone but I would like to say thanks to each and every one of you Lifers. We had a tough season and parted ways with a legend but we stayed up in the end and I'll definitely remember it as one of my happiest year as an Addick.
  • Options
    Only been to half a dozen games this season so feel fortunate to have been there for Jackson's goal against QPR. That was topped by the Watford game, purely because bedlam took over the place 3 times.

The Sheff Wed away games must be high up on the list for those who went.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    QPR at home was probably the most i've ever celebrated a goal. I fell over 6-7 times whilst running up and down my row, when i finally found my centre again i turned round to see at least 50 people giving me a serious 'wtf' face
  • Options
    Best moments/memories - Leeds away , Leicester at home, QPR at home and both wins at Hillsborough. Worst moment - Millwall at home live on Sky
  • Options
    The recent wins have all been highlights.

I had a really good day in Sheffield on the day the Wednesday cup tie was called off...
  • Options
    Dale Stephens' overhead crossfield ball vs Ipswich will stick in the memory...
  • Options
    JJ and Dervites winners.

Even though I wasn't there, listening to Hamer's penalty save had me dancing round the living room
  • Options
    Leeds away and Sheff Wed away (league). Birmingham and Forest away just behind.
  • Options
    Beating Watford 3-1 and staying up.