Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Bolton

Comments

• Options
    that may be but I was at the game and we didn't create one chance
  • Options

Can anyone explain why we put zero pressure on the opposition when we lose the ball and let them walk it to our penalty area every single time we lose possession in the final third? We will never get anywhere playing with these awful tactics. It infuriates me and I do not want Riga anywhere near this club regardless of what happens.

Because we have been playing twice a week for three months with a tiny squad and the players are exhausted. Clearly a tactic to slowly regroup in last third.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

So another nobody as 'Head Coach' next season then. Don't ever expect to see a good manager until Duchatelet sells up.

Lennie Lawrence was a nobody
    Alan curbishley was a nobody
    Dowies had promotion to the Prem on his CV
    Pardew had a cup final on his.

Our record is better with nobodies.

Not sure I would class Curbs - 450 professional games - as a "nobody"!

True he was a rookie manager but had a great pedigree in English football unlike our current and probably next manager.
  • Options
    I always like to read other reports on the game & according to Sky we had various opportunities that went begging (a Church header in the first half & his week shot from 6 yards in the second - shots from JJ & AA in the 1st half that didn't work the keeper & a Reza shot in the second that did) - so its not that we aren't creating anything.

What is more surprising is the interview on BBC with Freedman. He thinks they had the better of it & that Speering ran the show. Save on the line was in according to him (and says Hamer admitted as much as he came off)..........

overall I would have taken a point at 3 oclock - and its a point more than Blackpool & Donny managed.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

So another nobody as 'Head Coach' next season then. Don't ever expect to see a good manager until Duchatelet sells up.

True he was a rookie manager but had a great pedigree in English football unlike our current and probably next manager.
    Fair enough, I was talking in managerial terms. I would add both mourinhio and wenger on that criteria though.

Not that I'm banging my drum for anyone, I just want a team that sends me home from the Valley smiling.
  • Options
    I thought he

Can anyone explain why we put zero pressure on the opposition when we lose the ball and let them walk it to our penalty area every single time we lose possession in the final third? We will never get anywhere playing with these awful tactics. It infuriates me and I do not want Riga anywhere near this club regardless of what happens.

Because we have been playing twice a week for three months with a tiny squad and the players are exhausted. Clearly a tactic to slowly regroup in last third.
    I'm not buying that. We've done it all season.
  • Options
    Worth noting that even if we lose our final four games, Riga will still have a better points per game ratio over his 16 games than Powell did over the previous 30. Moreover Riga was never able to call upon Stephens or Kermorgant.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mrbligh said:

that may be but I was at the game and we didn't create one chance

I thought we created lots of potential chances,... then we passed again. We're not arsenal
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Wasnt Mourinho a nobody when he first took charge of Porto? You never know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yet again, some excellent approach work, crisp passing and a non-stop will to succeed....all let down 'cos we cant put the bleeding' ball in the net. Mind you it was DEFINITELY a penalty and a red card, the keeper kicked Church's feet from under him. Ref was a total prat, but even if he wasn't up with play what was the bloody linesman watching? There were no other players around and he must have had a better view than most. Table looks better this morning but I fear it is a false dawn. Surely even Donny, Blackpool and Barnsley can't keep losing, while I just can't see where our next goal is coming from. And why bring on Green? He just looked like he didn't want to be there! Yet again, Poyet was superb. Make the most of the remaining games folks 'cos I reckon he's on his way.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Green and Obika have chubbed right up , proper pair of inflatables
  • Options
    Was unable to get to the game but watching updates on SKY Sports. Paul Jewel was reviewing the game as it happened. On my laptop BBC Sport Football was reporting it as quite an exciting game - lots of shots, albeit not too many on target, a near penalty for Churchy - yet Paul Jewel made it sound like the worst game in history, "No quality in the final third from either side, neither keeper tested - a dull game with 0-0 written all over it."
    Was it really that bad?
    Turned out to be a useful point after all other results.
  • Options

6 goals in 13 for YK at AFCB........

Still, I got free WIFI today, along with one shot on goal, and a woman came on the pitch and told me to wear red and hold my free programme up - so everything is alright and the new owners have won me over.

The team lost the crowd after the Barnsley debacle and the board think they can win them back with a cringe-worthy video and a few words muttered over the PA.

Amateurs.

And at the cost of the Street Violence Costs Lives day for which we had Carol Knox in the stands. Dreadful all round.
  • Options

As I said on the mkatch thread on Tuesday, I don't trust the new owner, or the bit of fluff he's installed, as his eyes and ears at the Valley, as far as I can throw them. The man is interested in money first and money last. He has absolutely no interest in Charlton Athletic FC other than to sell it on at a profit at some stage in the future. If he had he would have given CP some money to buy a couple of players CP wanted in January, not the short term barrow load of crap he sent over the Channel to SE7.

Administration under the previous two buffoons would have been, possibly, a better option. After all Palace haven't done too bad out of it have they?

And how did Leeds, Luton and Portsmouth do?
  • Options
    purdis said:

Was unable to get to the game but watching updates on SKY Sports. Paul Jewel was reviewing the game as it happened. On my laptop BBC Sport Football was reporting it as quite an exciting game - lots of shots, albeit not too many on target, a near penalty for Churchy - yet Paul Jewel made it sound like the worst game in history, "No quality in the final third from either side, neither keeper tested - a dull game with 0-0 written all over it."
    Was it really that bad?
    Turned out to be a useful point after all other results.

Paul Jewel described it well
  • Options
    Lol ooh aah

Green has gone from being lazy and useless to fat lazy and useless in a month

Maybe he has been hitting the pie and mash in his preliminary negotiations with Dagenham
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Still, I got free WIFI today, along with one shot on goal, and a woman came on the pitch and told me to wear red and hold my free programme up - so everything is alright and the new owners have won me over.

The team lost the crowd after the Barnsley debacle and the board think they can win them back with a cringe-worthy video and a few words muttered over the PA.

Amateurs.

And at the cost of the Street Violence Costs Lives day for which we had Carol Knox in the stands. Dreadful all round.
    Didn't realise that about the Street Violence Costs Lives day.

Very disappointing if true. Not what I personally think Charlton should be about.

I just hope that it's been moved rather than dropped.
  • Options
    I saw a wreath on the Sam Bartram statue in connection with the Knox family I believe but was in a rush so didn't look what it was about properly
  • Options

rikofold said:

Amateurs.

Very disappointing if true. Not what I personally think Charlton should be about.

I believe both parents were in the stands, Carol had an article in the programme but others relevant to the day were pulled, I understand, as were the t-shirts both sets of players were due to come out in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

Amateurs.

I believe both parents were in the stands, Carol had an article in the programme but others relevant to the day were pulled, I understand, as were the t-shirts both sets of players were due to come out in.
    I am disappointed in our club. I'm pretty sure it's Sally Knox by the way.
  • Options
    Have it on good authority that Astrit is playing through illness and that whatever he is suffering with is having quite a hefty impact on his fitness. It is a real shame as he is an asset and we look so much better with him in the team.

Unfortunately the game was yet another home non-event. Barely got out of my seat for 90mins. The lack of goal threat is just ridiculous. Part of me thinks Riga should roll the dice and stick one of the kids in or gamble on Piotr.

The fact that many believe Church had his best game for us, sums up how pitiful our attackers are. I made a point of watching the front two for extended periods and the lack of movement off the ball is frightening. Church's only runs are after the ball has been played or are side to side - he doesn't stretch the centre halves at all.

I suspect our saving grace will be the fact that Blackpool are so poor and that Yeovil and Barnsley have probably left themselves too much to do.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

rikofold said:

rikofold said:

Amateurs.

I am disappointed in our club. I'm pretty sure it's Sally Knox by the way.
    Yes, think you might be right. Oops, sorry.
  • Options
    FFS if people think that game was bad then they havnt seen us many times this season !

The football we played up to the invisible force field 18 yard box was good--1ist half mainly.
  • Options

FFS if people think that game was bad then they havnt seen us many times this season !

The football we played up to the invisible force field 18 yard box was good--1ist half mainly.

I've been to most games and it was bad.
  • Options
    If it is true that AA is playing with a chest infection and that is why he does not last 90 minutes, then he has done well to play as often as he has, but how long can an infection last, and will we see him last 90 before the end of the season?
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Riga is a joker.

Reza for Obika.....brilliant....

Green for AA....worked a treat

Church for Hughes with ten mins remaining? - Powell would have got murdered for that!

Cousins on the right wing - see above

Passing football? - When has this lead to a single chance in the last two games? - Harriott's sitter came from some direct wide play vs Barnsley and today....well the less said the better. Pass pass pass along the back.

If Poyet was not in our team we would be getting murdered week in week out

The new youth coach is leading us down the garden path. It's all a bit depressing, this was not a "good point"

Yep, all of that....

Tippy Tappy football with no end product. However, we can't play it forward quickly, because we don't have any forwards who can hold it up, win headers or win 50/50 challenges. Result - two home matches, nil goals. (Against two defences there for the taking).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Can't remember watching a team that gets so little numbers in the box when we are in the last 3rd!!!

Positives - Defence looked solid. Poyet the best player to put on a Charlton shirt since Andy Reid. Was never under any real pressure and at times we controlled the game. Fox looked assured but he needs to improve his crossing.

Negatives - Reza never had his shooting boots on but he is by far and away our biggest goal threat. Cousins was terrible, the worst I've seen him play. Didn't understand Riga's subs either but I think I'm done trying to understand football managers. Danny Green makes my blood boil. His half hearted tackles are a disgrace. Never wanna see him play again.

Bolton were very average and we should have picked up 3 points.
  • Options
    Are you still hoping you'll send the scum down?