Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England team at the World Cup

13»

Comments

• Options
    The problem with Rooney is that everyone knows he'd be a better midfielder than he is a striker. Especially since he has a tendency to ignore his striking position and play midfield anyway, but throws a hissy fit if anyone dares try play him in midfield 'officially'. Get him over his ego and we'll have a decent squad to at least get through group stages.
  • Options
    ----------------- HART-----------------

JOHNSON --- CAHILL --- JAGIELKA --- BAINES

--------- GERRARD --- HENDERSON --------

--- STERLING ---- LALLANA ---- OX-CHAM ---

-------------- STURRIDGE ---------------

Subs:
    GK: FOSTER, FORSTER
    DF: SHAW, JONES, STONES, SMALLING (although he is rubbish)
    MF: MILNER, LAMPARD, BARKLEY, TOWNSEND
    FW: LAMBERT, ROONEY

• Options
    Sterlings performance so far today has shown he is worthy of going to Brazil. Believe Roy should have a youthful squad with a view to the next world cup , so would take Shaw,Barkley,Wilshere,Sterling,Sturridge and OXlade-Chamberlain - all with a view to them being the backbone of England team of 2018.
    Also, what about that Albanian/Belgian kid who plays for MAnure? isnt he going to be eligible soon too ?
  • Options
    Hart
    Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines
    Gerrard Wilshere
    Ox Rooney Lallana
    Sturridge

Is walkers injury keeping out of the tournament? He's a far better option than Johnson.
  • Options
    Not sure why anyone would leave Baines out. Quality footballer.
  • Options
    Just gutted Church Bale isn't English.
  • Options

And Ramsey. Those two added into the England team would be a huge difference.
  • Options

Sterlings performance so far today has shown he is worthy of going to Brazil. Believe Roy should have a youthful squad with a view to the next world cup , so would take Shaw,Barkley,Wilshere,Sterling,Sturridge and OXlade-Chamberlain - all with a view to them being the backbone of England team of 2018.
    Also, what about that Albanian/Belgian kid who plays for MAnure? isnt he going to be eligible soon too ?

I believe the Home Nations rule does mean Januzaj can never play for England because of his lack of education in England. However, that could be scrapped. Regardless, he can't play for another 3 years or so anyway. I reckon he will end up playing for Albania.
  • Options

And Ronaldo and Messi, and Ozil and Suarez and Di Maria. You could go on forever.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

And Ronaldo and Messi, and Ozil and Suarez and Di Maria. You could go on forever.
    completely different though. Their talking about players from a British country, and you know talking about South Americans and other Europeans is a bit different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone see the squad selector thing on skysports website? Paul Merson's one is quite hilarious: http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/england/squad-selector/b23d229816de2bd3b89ba6a74da06b4d1e7bd380

My XI is:

--- LALLANA ---- ROONEY ---- STERLING ---

Subs:
    GK: FORSTER, FOSTER
    DF: JONES, SHAW, SMALLING
    MF: OX, MILNER, BARKLEY,TOWNSEND, WILSHERE
    FW: WELBECK, CARROLL (purely because i'd rather bring him on than Lambert with 2mins to go when we need a goal)

Think we are gonna bloody do it! Semis maybe! if wazza turns up and plays how he did yesterday against Norwich, Sterling runs riot, our Liverpool players keep doing what they're doing and we play attacking football hopefully our mediocre defense wont get too exposed! This is definitely the weakest defense i've ever known at a major tournament for us, blessing in disguise i think! COE

• Options
    These past few games has shown how vital Henderson has been to this Liverpool side. Hope he's back fit for the world cup.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Anyone see the squad selector thing on skysports website? Paul Merson's one is quite hilarious: http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/england/squad-selector/b23d229816de2bd3b89ba6a74da06b4d1e7bd380

My XI is:

--- LALLANA ---- ROONEY ---- STERLING ---

Subs:
    GK: FORSTER, FOSTER
    DF: JONES, SHAW, SMALLING
    MF: OX, MILNER, BARKLEY,TOWNSEND, WILSHERE
    FW: WELBECK, CARROLL (purely because i'd rather bring him on than Lambert with 2mins to go when we need a goal)

Think we are gonna bloody do it! Semis maybe! if wazza turns up and plays how he did yesterday against Norwich, Sterling runs riot, our Liverpool players keep doing what they're doing and we play attacking football hopefully our mediocre defense wont get too exposed! This is definitely the weakest defense i've ever known at a major tournament for us, blessing in disguise i think! COE

Lack of options on that Sky thing. I don't want Johnson, Jones, Smalling or Walker as a right back option. Clyne and Richards are both better players. Also shows up our poor our striking options are beyond Rooney and Sturridge. My squad would be:

Hart
    Forster
    Butland

Richards
    Clyne
    Baines
    Shaw
    Jagielka
    Cahill
    Lescott

Gerrard
    Sterling
    Lallana
    Oxlaide-Camberlain
    Barkley
    Barry
    Henderson
    Adam Johnson
    Wilshere if fit (Milner if not)

Rooney
    Sturridge
    Lambert
    Defoe

My XI would be:

---------------Hart-------------

------Clyne Jagielka Cahill Baines------

-------Henderson Gerrard Barkley-----

-------Sterling Rooney Lallana------

• Options
    edited May 2014
    ---------Hart
    Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines
    ----Henderson Gerrard
    Sterling---Rooney---Lallana
    --------Sturridge

Subs: Forster, Butland, Flanagan, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Milner, Carrick, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, Lambert, Welbeck.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

---------Hart
    Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines
    ----Henderson Gerrard
    Sterling---Rooney---Lallana
    --------Sturridge

Subs: Forster, Butland, Flanagan, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Milner, Carrick, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, Lambert, Welbeck.

Pretty much agree with this squad/team. I still think Hodgson will pick Lampard, possibly at the expense of Barkley, which would be a travesty. it wouldn't surprise me if he also picks Cole rather than Shaw and Carroll over Lambert. The former would be a disgrace, the latter I could live with.