Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church 100% support

Comments

• Options
    One good move where he beat a player and put in a decent cross but otherwise he was very 'Simon Church' like in his performance!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Had one half chance when he burst onto a Buyens? through ball but first touch and lack of match fitness did for him. I'm not his biggest fan but no worse that George today in fact I thought he was slightly better.
  • Options
    Kerms + Fuller got a brace each today.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Had one half chance when he burst not a Buyens? through ball but first touch and lack of match fitness did for him. I'm not his biggest fan but no worse that George today in fact I thought he was slightly better.

What's a burst not a Buyens?
  • Options

no one said church was better than these two
    dont see the need to bring them up in the conversation
    might as well just say Berahino got 4
    but while you have brought them up Blackburn are a tougher side than Rotherham or Bradford
  • Options
    Same old Churchy today: effort undeniable, effect unnoticeable. He had one good chance early on but coming back from injury he was never going to get hold of it properly, so can't really be faulted. There's a place for Church at Charlton, that place is Sparrow's Lane.

(yes I know that is a different site.)
  • Options
    Talal said:

RedChaser said:

Had one half chance when he burst not a Buyens? through ball but first touch and lack of match fitness did for him. I'm not his biggest fan but no worse that George today in fact I thought he was slightly better.

What's a burst not a Buyens?
    Oops edited sb 'burst onto'. :-)
  • Options
    Church was one of our better players today, his channel/wing running was pretty decent, and he set up a decent opportunity for Buyens
  • Options

no one said church was better than these two
    dont see the need to bring them up in the conversation
    might as well just say Berahino got 4
    but while you have brought them up Blackburn are a tougher side than Rotherham or Bradford
    Kerms + Fuller got a brace each today. Just sayin'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A decent championship club with top six aspirations needs three or four decent strikers:
    Vetokele - nearly proven... Rested today
    Harriott - unproven - suspended
    Watt -???
    Tucudean - hot and cold - could be our third or fourth choice?
    Church - out of contract in the summer
    Reza - sale didn't happen, went out on loan - can he be one of the four next season?

People bang on about Fuller and Kermorgant because they score goals at this level. This issue needs to be solved for the 2015-16 season else we ain't going nowhere!
  • Options
    They should try Church on the wing. He has pretty good pace. He ran right by defenders and put decent crosses in to the box a few times today. He's never going to be a 20 goal a season striker, and Jordan Cousins is never going to be a winger
  • Options
    Looked big and strong, really stood out for me. So much potiental. St Giles Church that is...
  • Options
    You certainly need a sense of humour to support Charlton.
  • Options
    He was one of our better players today (not saying much I know). Put the effort in, some good runs and I think it was from a foul on him that we got the free kick that JBG scored from.
  • Options
    Bring back Kerms and Morro. Also buy up a striker and Coquelin, and we are good to go.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

They should try Church on the wing. He has pretty good pace. He ran right by defenders and put decent crosses in to the box a few times today. He's never going to be a 20 goal a season striker, and Jordan Cousins is never going to be a winger

He isn't pacy though is he? He's just very energetic. Doesn't count for a lot when you have no ability on the ball whatsoever.

Out on the wing he would be like a poor mans Scott Wagstaff (who worked hard but wasn't hugely gifted).

Saw some people complaining about Johann's deliveries. Can you picture Church trying to drill crosses in with his sponge foot?

• Options
    He's just awful. Had more than enough chances and longer than most to prove himself. Honestly my heart sinks when I hear him in the squad. He just is not good enough and shouldn't be playing championship football. I'm getting cheesed off with everyone saying ' I'm 100% behind him'.... 'all the time he's wearing a charlton shirt I'll support him'.... Why? Perhaps that 'support' is
  • Options
    ....Preventing us from signing a decent striker. I'm not going to feel bad, guilty, or ashamed to say I want him out. It's what most of us think but feel we can't say.
  • Options
    He looked taller than I remember
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Okay Braydex, when Church is next playing, I'm going to boo his every touch and hope he misses every opportunity to score.
  • Options
    Lets face it, Church isn't good enough for the championship. He was a stop gap for Powell as he was cheap and available.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Lets face it, Church isn't good enough for the championship. He was a stop gap for Powell as he was cheap and available.

You only get what you pay for as a general rule and an eleventh hour bargain basement signing says it all however thought he did ok on his cameo appearance at Brighton when he passed to Igor for his 2nd goal and gave it a go yesterday. I had him at least as good as anything George did yesterday.
  • Options

His last chance was in August 2014 away at Brighton - forget him.

Was that when he played really well and made a goal?
  • Options
    In all seriousness it does amaze me how easily football fans jump on bandwagons. He was one of the only players who deserves any credit for yesterday's performance, and that was his first game back after a lengthy injury playing against a very good championship team. Whenever he plays he puts in 100% and does a lot more than most are willing to accept. Don't know why you all love to hate so much
  • Options

One good move where he beat a player and put in a decent cross but otherwise he was very 'Simon Church' like in his performance!

This.
  • Options

Okay Braydex, when Church is next playing, I'm going to boo his every touch and hope he misses every opportunity to score.

You don't need to hope he misses every opportunity, he does anyway