Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Currently taken nearly 40 mins to get 2 stops to St John's. So hot
  • Options

Currently taken nearly 40 mins to get 2 stops to St John's. So hot

20 minutes to new cross, it's damn hot!!
  • Options
    Complete mayhem at Charing dross. Just waited 30 mins to get on a baking train that's now not moving.
  • Options
    Same as above regarding Charing Cross and the heat. Dying.
  • Options
    Turned up at WE and got the empty 1801 (at 1832) to Sidcup right away. Was looking forward to going to the pub bu Southeastern let me down.
  • Options
    Just rushed to get my train and it turns out that I DO have time for a pint, worse things have happened I suppose
  • Options
    Left work at 2 this afternoon didn't get home till 4:30 - kicked off at Dartford then again at Gravesend!

Can't believe at 5/6pm it's still screwed.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Assume these signal failures are caused by the excessive heat?

At Waterloo east it still says delays of up to 40 mins due to person being hit by train. Other board says delays of 30 mins due to signal problems. Staff sending people to wrong platform to wait for train. I'm on a train that stops at hither green then fast to new eltham. My car is in lee. How's my luck. :(
    Your working too late for a 6:45 start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught a falconwood train at 4pm.
    10 carriages and plenty of room for all.
    Had a swift cider in the woodman at 4:30.
    I too am pissed off as I was hoping to make it in time for the G1 at Ascot on ITV.
    Instead had to suffer a buffered viewing on my phone due to that bloody blackheath tunnel.
    They could at least have 4g installed.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Assume these signal failures are caused by the excessive heat?

At Waterloo east it still says delays of up to 40 mins due to person being hit by train. Other board says delays of 30 mins due to signal problems. Staff sending people to wrong platform to wait for train. I'm on a train that stops at hither green then fast to new eltham. My car is in lee. How's my luck. :(
    Your working too late for a 6:45 start.
    Ha that was an early finish as I dared have a personal appt at 7 in chislehurst. Although thanks to south eastern I was late. Finally home at just gone 9. Struggling to keep eyes open now but back on the 6.44 tmrw!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    They've been on sparkling from all day. Couldn't get to London Bridge or Charing Cross earlier, and at 11pm there are still cancellations and long delays. It's apparently okay though, because they're "sorry for the inconvenience." C****.

Edit: tapping my wrist for the driver has cheered me a little. Slow clapping winds them up more, though.
  • Options
    Delay repay submitted.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Given the state of the trains on the way home last night I had to get up at sparrow fart this morning to get a train to woolwitch Arsenal en route to City Airport for a flight. Had to factor in that things would still be chaos. Guess what? I'm on the 0635 and the trains are just peachy. It's early days. Good luck guys and gals. It's already stewing!
  • Options
    Monday - shambles
    Tuesday - worked from home but probably a shambles
    Wednesday - definitely a shambles
    Thursday - trains running on time.

Guess which day they pick to hand out their "how was your travel today?" questionnaire, the sly tossers. It's got a box at the top with a train number already handwritten in, but I think I'll tell them about my aborted journey from Cannon Street on Monday evening anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm really looking forward to returning to the joys of commuting via Southeastern in a few weeks after reading this :-)
  • Options
    Proud of their fucking record? PROUD?!

Words utterly fail me.
  • Options
    They've got some neck I'll give them that.

Whoever can stand up and say with a straight face "we are proud of the service we provide" I guess you have to respect their complete disregard for the poor bastards with no option but to use their shitstorm of a service

• Options
    Carter said:

They've got some neck I'll give them that.

Whoever can stand up and say with a straight face "we are proud of the service we provide" I guess you have to respect their complete disregard for the poor bastards with no option but to use their shitstorm of a service

They should be headhunting Katrien as next CEO. The parallels are uncanny.
  • Options
    Paul Sturgess - that reminds me . I met his ex-wife in arcadia saturday night
  • Options
    Shag said:

She still fit?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    delays out of Cannon Street due to broken down train earlier. At least it ain't hotter than Baghdad today!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

delays out of Cannon Street due to broken down train earlier. At least it ain't hotter than Baghdad today!

Trains are still a total shit show.
  • Options

Shag said:

She still fit?
    Yes mate - weapon