Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:

1905 said:

Curb-it as Hattie Jacques

1905 dives for cover

I have only just come across this little post!!
    Matron, the screens!
  • Options
    Right. Got so fed up this morning with the heating being on yet again that I emailed them there and then from the train. I classified it as a safety issue and pointed out that my previous complaints had been ignored. I was surprised within two hours to receive the following:

Southeastern Customer Services, PO Box 10422, Unit 16 Coalfield Way, Ashby de la Zouch
    LE65 9EL
    Tel: 0345 322 7021

12 June 2017

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your webform, which we received earlier today, regarding your journey from Dartford to Charing Cross this morning, using the 08.21 service. We always welcome passenger feedback, whether good or bad, so we do appreciate the time you've taken to contact us.

I'm very sorry that you experienced an uncomfortable journey because the heating in your train was on. There can, of course, be no excuses for the train heating being on at this time of year - which I understand has been the case with your trains recently. But when this does happen, we find that it's usually due to a technical fault rather than the heating being deliberately switched on.

We're currently in the middle of a programme to disable the heating on our Metro trains, to prevent this from happening during the warmer months. So while it's of small consolation now, this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Part of our role at customer services is to make sure that our managers are aware of what our passengers are saying, so that we can resolve any problems as soon as possible. I've flagged this up with our fleet management team and they'll look into this as soon as possible.

Thank you once more for contacting us - and I'm really sorry that your journey was marred in this way.

Yours sincerely

David Eustace
    Customer Relations Officer
    Southeastern

I replied thanking them for their courtesy and reassurance and promptly receive a follow up thanking me for thanking them. More than I expected. Let's see if there is any improvement........

• Options

Who's looking forward to the Thameslink closures between 26th Aug - 2nd Sept, then?

Reaction to the announcement over the intercom: "oh for fu-... wait a second... I'm on holiday! Yaaaaasss!'

Except it's not just thameslink that's not running is it? It's nearly all services into central London. Fucking basta....oh wait I'm on holiday as well.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

What a lovely idea!

Dear Dad

Due to a failed train blocking the line at Falconwood, all services are subject to severe delays and short notice cancellations. Best forget about that nice lunch we booked for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. #SE_FathersDay

Best wishes,
    Your loving son
    That is beyond fucking parody. It beggars belief. Like the time I used to get twee messages about a harvest festival or a local Christmas event over the tannoy at Redhill, after my connecting train had disappeared one minute early, every morning, without fucking fail.

It's almost like they are deliberately taking the piss. Deliberately.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    JohnBoyUK said:

IIRC, Charing X, Waterloo East and London Bridge are all shut this Sunday too.

This is my least favourite thing in the world.

Trains shuttling you to and from work:

Trains when you actually want to go somewhere in your own time on the weekend (or even worse... bank holiday):
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    21.00-BBC2 tonight, this should be of interest to some people on this thread.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08vg002
  • Options
    clive said:

21.00-BBC2 tonight, this should be of interest to some people on this thread.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08vg002

Cheers for the tip off, I'll have a look at that.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Bexleyheath line screwed due to broken down train. Sidcup line running ok thankfully.
  • Options
    30 degrees celsius so obviously...

Due to signalling problems at London Cannon Street:

Train services running to and from this station may be delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 17:00.
  • Options
    Boat.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

30 degrees celsius so obviously...

Due to signalling problems at London Cannon Street:

Train services running to and from this station may be delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 17:00.

Arseholes. Bet they've got the heating turned up on all the trains as well, cretinous f*%kwits.
  • Options
    Just got out of Cannon Street before the signal failures. Phew....
  • Options
    Platforms 1-3 out of action at Cannon Street,trains already arriving and leaving up to 10 mins late,so it will get worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to see the useless fuckers have found the time to put this shit up at Lewisham while we're all waiting for our trains in the sweltering heat.

Maybe they could develop a half decent service.

• Options
    Looks like they have rectified the problem according to their twitter feed.
  • Options
    been lucky tonight, the 16:29 Cannon St to Orpington pulled into New Cross about 15 mins late and managed to get it.

The downside - its crawling along at about 5mph at 600 degrees celcius. Ewe, it stinks of sweaty bodies on here!
  • Options
    They really are beyond a joke!
  • Options
    Best. Work from home day. Ever.