Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Penalty today

13»

Comments

• Options
    would it have made a difference? Probably not. If we made runs into the box, took on players etc we might get a penalty or two. Maybe they might be dubious as well but would we care? I was surprised the ref never spoke to the lino who never flagged. If he had may be he might have said it was just outside. On a once only viewing I can see why the ref gave it.

Other than that the ref was shite.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2014
    It was outside the box. The Burnley player dived into the penalty area. Harsh as well as it would have been unlikely for the Burnley player to get through the 2 Charlton defenders in attendance. Though I guess the Burnley player would have dived over them as well if he had stayed on his feet for the first challenge.

The referee also failed to protect Poyet from a shocking tackle via a booking to the Burnely player. All in all, the referee did Charlton no favours at all. When Charlton are struggling for form against a stronger team, the referee's decisions tipped the game into Burnley's favour.

It is a good thing refereeing decisions and luck evens out over the season. Charlton are due a bit of both.
  • Options

At the time I thought it was a dive and outside the area. Having seen it on Sky this morning it's a foul and inside. The referee, who had a good game yesterday, got it spot on.

I've loled this post as I hope it was sarcastic?! One if the worst refereeing displays I have seen at the valley and that says a lot! Not biased either way just lacking any understanding of the game, throws given to us when clearly came off our men, corners given as GKs and pen was a joke. Reading comments from other fans on this site I do find myself wondering if we watched the same game?!
    I think the Leeds home game refereeing performance competes for being the worst display of the season.
  • Options

would it have made a difference? ProbablDanny . If we ma fs into the box, took on players etc we might get a penalty or two. Maybe they might be dubious as well but would we care? I was surprised the ref never spoke to the lino who never flagged. If he had may be he might have said it was just outside. On a once only viewing I can see why the ref gave it.

Other than that the ref was shite.

Spot on large
    Maybee if our players made surging runs at defenders we might get something!
    All the time we play tap tap towards the box it won't happen!
    I just for once want see us have a real go and scare the shit out of defenders like danny haynes did for us?

• Options
    Or fuller he used scare defenders and he knew how to get defenders to commit themselves ,he used to win as lot of decisions in or around the box
  • Options

Or fuller he used scare defenders and he knew how to get defenders to commit themselves ,he used to win as lot of decisions in or around the box

This is what I can't understand about our coaching. If a midfielder or even a forward gains possession outside the area, then runs with the ball towards the area, he can shoot, try to play a one-two to get him through on goal, or he can try to go around the last defender, in which case he may win a penalty or free kick on the edge of the area. The worst that could happen is that he looses possession in a non dangerous area. Why oh why do none of our players ever try this? It's no wonder that we never get penalties or score lucky deflected goals.

• Options

This is what I can't understand about our coaching. If a midfielder or even a forward gains possession outside the area, then runs with the ball towards the area, he can shoot, try to play a one-two to get him through on goal, or he can try to go around the last defender, in which case he may win a penalty or free kick on the edge of the area. The worst that could happen is that he looses possession in a non dangerous area. Why oh why do none of our players ever try this? It's no wonder that we never get penalties or score lucky deflected goals.

Maybe we don't do it because we're crap at beating the defender? Also, we're very slow to get forward so there's not normally just the last defender to beat, but the penultimate one, the pre-penultimate one, Old Uncle Tom Cobley 'n' all.
  • Options

Presumably that screenshot was taken just after the tackle has been made. Their player is still not inside the area, therefore that tackle must have occurred outside the box. In any case there is no way that the ref could have been certain, therefore he should have given us the benefit of doubt.

When is a tackle "made" though? To me it looks as if contact has been made at that instant, not before. The burnley players right foot is inside the box. However, I presume upon live viewing our player would have commit himself before that whilst they were both outside the box so I probably wouldn't have given it myself. Does a tackle start upon intent or contact? It's an interesting case that I'm sure someone will have an answer for?
  • Options

Presumably that screenshot was taken just after the tackle has been made. Their player is still not inside the area, therefore that tackle must have occurred outside the box. In any case there is no way that the ref could have been certain, therefore he should have given us the benefit of doubt.

When is a tackle "made" though? To me it looks as if contact has been made at that instant, not before. The burnley players right foot is inside the box. However, I presume upon live viewing our player would have commit himself before that whilst they were both outside the box so I probably wouldn't have given it myself. Does a tackle start upon intent or contact? It's an interesting case that I'm sure someone will have an answer for?
    To me, it looks like that's Dervite's foot that's inside the area. I might be wrong but it looks like the right yellow boot of the Burnley player with his toes stuck in the turf outside the box and about to stumble into the box.