Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Penalty today

Where I was sitting, it looked like the Burnley player just ran to the edge of the box and jumped/fell over into the area - Absolutely terrible decision at first glance, though I may need to see a replay. Anyone else think it wasn't a pen?

Comments

• Options
    If it was a foul, it definitely didn't look in the area.
  • Options
    That's what I thought too - Seriously poor decision.
  • Options
    Thought it was a foul, looked just outside the box to me.
  • Options
    NW upper view. Can't wait to see it again. Didn't look like a penalty to me.
  • Options
    Not a penalty
  • Options
    Didn't help 4 defenders all go for the same ball and player.
  • Options
    Bloke was almost on the deck before anyone touched him. Looked soft.
  • Options
    It wasn't a penalty . The ref fell for it.
    In the scheme of things it wouldn't have made a difference .
  • Options
    Funny how we all see it differently. From my perspective in the lower north, I said pen straight away. Got taken out.
  • Options
    It was a foul and it was inside the box QED
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked stonewall to me!!!
  • Options
    Looked like a pen to me. Just shows what can happen when you drive forward into the box something we don't do
  • Options
    Penalty, but touch and go if in or out of the box. Ref could not wait to give it though and linesman was down by the corner flag!
  • Options
    I can see how from the West or east stands it looked like a pen but from behind the goal you could see the Burnley player squeeze between our defenders and then throw himself to the ground.
  • Options
    Said in the match thread at the time,where i sit in the nwq,looked soft and would like to see it again
  • Options
    The os says it was in the box..
  • Options
    Thought he was playing America football, took off outside the box and dived into the end zone.
  • Options
    The ref couldn't wait to give it; was surprised he didn't grab the ball and spot it up for them too.
    Still, never mind about that foul on Poyet in the first half ref?
    Dyche was moaning to the officials all afternoon, as was their number 8 and they got their reward.
  • Options
    Shocking decision, ref needs to go to specsavers
  • Options
    No penalty in my eyes from the front of block f east stand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was a pen from my view in family stand
  • Options
    On twitter they said a replay had been seen and it was clearly a foul inside in the area.
    Therefore, not worth arguing and the referee was correct
  • Options
    Didn't even think it was a foul
  • Options
    was sitting in the north lower, there was contact but he did go softly and was looking for the pen as there was four players around him it also looked out the area!
  • Options
    I thought he jumped into the box as well, need to see it again really.
  • Options
    I thought the ref had a poor view - the Lino on our side didn't flag - bad decision in my view - I await the TV pictures later.
  • Options
    I was still in the bar on the concourse and the ref got it spot on. Had loads of replays.
    Caught him and just inside the box
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    There was no way the ref could see if it was inside or outside the box where he was positioned and the linesman was in front of play so he was no help either.
  • Options

Dyche was moaning to the officials all afternoon, as was their number 8 and they got their reward.

Surprised to hear that as he was quite respectful in terms of officials with us.

Having said that I am comparing him to Mackay who would be in the refs ear all game!

Maybe he is practising for when they go up...

Sounds like a player playing for the foul hoping to get the decision...
  • Options
    Foul yes, penalty no. That said I don't think he dived per se - he was clipped for sure and momentum took him into the box rather than intent. The ref has to take the main blame for that one.