Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Penalty today

Comments

• Options
    I thought the ball ran away from the Burnley player who fell (as though jumping from a diving board) after an old fashioned 50/50 shoulder barge?
  • Options
    They still scored two others... That's why we're relegation fodder. We can't score for shit.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Dyche was moaning to the officials all afternoon, as was their number 8 and they got their reward.

Surprised to hear that as he was quite respectful in terms of officials with us.

Having said that I am comparing him to Mackay who would be in the refs ear all game!

Maybe he is practising for when they go up...

Sounds like a player playing for the foul hoping to get the decision...
    I actually don't mind Dyche, but he spent most of the afternoon with the 4th official, presumably telling him where they were going wrong.
  • Options
    Looked a penalty for me. I noticed Dervite taking a step backwards after the trip to try and suggest it was outside the box.
  • Options
    Certainly looked like a penalty to me. If a similar challenge had been made against one of our forwards in their box we'd have been livid were it not given.
  • Options

Said in the match thread at the time,where i sit in the nwq,looked soft and would like to see it again

You read the match thread when you're at the game? Show's how exciting it was if you thought it would be more interesting to read an online forum conversation about it than actually look up and watch it happening in front of you!
  • Options
    Sordell was booked at Smallwall for doing the same thing as the Burnley player.. not in the box
  • Options

Said in the match thread at the time,where i sit in the nwq,looked soft and would like to see it again

You read the match thread when you're at the game? Show's how exciting it was if you thought it would be more interesting to read an online forum conversation about it than actually look up and watch it happening in front of you!
    Werent the only one either it would seem!
  • Options
    Absolute stonebonker from live north upper perspective.
  • Options
    Just watched it on FLS. Despite the commentator getting it wrong and claiming Morro, when it was Dervite, I thought it was marginally outside the box.

Doesn't really matter now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched it on IPlayer, foul yes but still difficult to tell as in or out.
  • Options
    I think the ref made his decision on where the player landed after the foul.
  • Options

I think the ref made his decision on where the player landed after the foul.

Yep, make that fair enough
  • Options
    Contact yes but think it was outside the box.Beggining to think football is not a contact sport anymore and the players no this as well. Yesterdays one was one we would all take but i am getting sick of seeing players flying through the air like they have been hit with a rocket.Think its killing the game , and as for the penalty given against West Brom yesterday the ref should be well embarrssed.
  • Options
    Another dodgy penalty and deflected goal against. Must be setting a record this season for deflected goals. By the law of averages we must surely be due a bit of luck ourselves soon.
  • Options
    Not seen any footage of the incident yet but I believe that referees have the option to give a penalty if the tackle starts just outside the area and finishes inside as was the case when Demichelis fouled Messi in the champs league game.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Not seen any footage of the incident yet but I believe that referees have the option to give a penalty if the tackle starts just outside the area and finishes inside as was the case when Demichelis fouled Messi in the champs league game.

How can that be? If it was hand ball on the edge of the box, he would have to give a free kick.
  • Options
    At the time I thought it was a dive and outside the area. Having seen it on Sky this morning it's a foul and inside. The referee, who had a good game yesterday, got it spot on.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

How can that be? If it was hand ball on the edge of the box, he would have to give a free kick.
    1StevieG is right. But only if the tackle continues into the box. Not if the tackle occurs outside, as I believe this one did, but the player being fouled falls/dives into the box.

• Options
    Regardless of a foul or not one of our players dived in to a challenge on a player who was going nowhere. Complete heads gone moment and gave the ref a chance to give a penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me it was as close as you can get. Even took a screenshot of the tackle and I still can't decide.

• Options

For me it was as close as you can get. Even took a screenshot of the tackle and I still can't decide.

From that pic is definitely outside. Robbed again.
  • Options
    It was obviously a foul as DD tried to argue it was outside the area, rather than it was not a foul
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Given that on-the-line counts as in the area, I still think it's a stonebonker and can't believe the denial here. We'd be furious if we didn't get that in a reverse situation.
  • Options

At the time I thought it was a dive and outside the area. Having seen it on Sky this morning it's a foul and inside. The referee, who had a good game yesterday, got it spot on.

I've loled this post as I hope it was sarcastic?! One if the worst refereeing displays I have seen at the valley and that says a lot! Not biased either way just lacking any understanding of the game, throws given to us when clearly came off our men, corners given as GKs and pen was a joke. Reading comments from other fans on this site I do find myself wondering if we watched the same game?!
  • Options

Regardless of a foul or not one of our players dived in to a challenge on a player who was going nowhere. Complete heads gone moment and gave the ref a chance to give a penalty.

I honestly can't think of any good reason why he made he challenge that he did.
  • Options

Which just shows what a difficult jib referees have. One live showing and a marginal decision needing an instant response.

• Options

I've loled this post as I hope it was sarcastic?! One if the worst refereeing displays I have seen at the valley and that says a lot! Not biased either way just lacking any understanding of the game, throws given to us when clearly came off our men, corners given as GKs and pen was a joke. Reading comments from other fans on this site I do find myself wondering if we watched the same game?!
    Think your right i thought he was fucking useless.there were loads of wrong decisions on both sides.
  • Options
    Presumably that screenshot was taken just after the tackle has been made. Their player is still not inside the area, therefore that tackle must have occurred outside the box. In any case there is no way that the ref could have been certain, therefore he should have given us the benefit of doubt.
  • Options

Agree. Missed loads of handballs and yellow cards (for both sides). I think he was trying to 'anticipate' the game which is why he got so many line decisions wrong. Case in point the foul at our corner late in the game when the ball ended up in the net. Ref had a word (Morrison?) before the kick and then stood with whistle in his mouth staring at the keeper and blew for a foul the instant he heard the kick taken.