Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statement from supporters meeting

Comments

• edited March 2014

Addickted said:

RD can just say "My Club, my rules".

M. Duchatelet needs to understand that this is not his club, it is ours.

Sorry to disappoint you but it is his club. He owns it and can do what he likes with it whatever the various supporters groups do or say.

• Tutt-Tutt said:

Great initiative. RD needs to be aware that this is the spirit that defeated Greenwich Council.

There's a great deal of difference between a Local Authority, whose control is based on a mandate by the people and whose members can be de-selected by the same electorate and the sole owner of a business.

• Well done Airman and all those other signatories.
    I would like to know if we going to try to sign any worthwhile goalscorers,
    or players to strengthen the team before the deadline
    or just carry on with what we've got.
    Perhaps we can learn from what Swansea did years ago!
  • Addickted said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Great initiative. RD needs to be aware that this is the spirit that defeated Greenwich Council.

There's a great deal of difference between a Local Authority, whose control is based on a mandate by the people and whose members can be de-selected by the same electorate and the sole owner of a business.

Quite right.

He didn't care when the Liege fans rioted. I can't seem him be overly concerned by 20 blokes in a room penning a statement.
  • Is there a time line for the clubs response?
  • I still don't get it
  • Sponsored links:

• why was this done, I don't understand it, for ages its been said on here the fans voice is the trust, now there's this other group , some with deep personal resentment to the club and its officials , trying to gain answers on behalf of all

whats the trust for ???

has this just sounded the death bell ?

why should people bother to join or contribute in financial capacity or time if this free other group exists

all a bit odd and all a bit self indulgent

Boom
  • cabbles said:

cafcfan said:

So, let me see if I've got this straight:

Standard Liege/Roland Duchatelet = Russia/Vladimir Putin
    Charlton = Ukraine
    Powell, Kermogant & Stephens = Crimea (Taken away from Ukraine without Ukraine's consent)
    Jose Riga = Yuriy Meshkov (Just a puppet of the Russian regime.)
    Football League = UN (Useless talking shop that can't achieve anything and hasn't got a spine.)
    CAS Trust = Germany (Supporters of Ukraine but worried that Russia will take their gas supply away if they get too tetchy.)
    New Campaign Group = USA (Can't be seen to kowtow to Russia, worried about their own popularity/credibility at home but carries a big stick and wants to impose sanctions on Russia like banning Russia from selling futures in its gas.)

Have I missed anything out? We'll just have to wait to see if Russia/Putin tells the USA it can swivel on it I suppose.

This is brilliant, it also summarises what's going on over there far better than numerous newspaper articles I have read.

I agree, one of the best posts I've ever seen on here.
  • edited March 2014
    What about the fans forum then?

I'll only be concerned if they start producing their own badges

;);););););)

• @NLA in my opinion Airman answered your points above, as has @Razil now.
  • LoOkOuT said:

@NLA in my opinion Airman answered your points above, as has @Razil now.

Not in my opinion. What is the Trust for and doing if it isn't leading the charge on such a key issue?
  • We had a statement on our site earlier this week is that not leading? We also contacted the club asking for a meeting. We will discuss the response and a public response from the club expected today or tomorrow on Monday and comment further, but if anything this group adds more weight to our call, and as stated we were invited to attend and participate which we did.
  • I would be interested to know how many of the signatories are members of the Trust and if not, why they are not? It would give a clearer view of how these "high profile supporters" view the Trust.
  • Is this a thread for the judea peoples front or the peoples front of judea ?... and whats that roland ever done for us apart from bring in some players we couldnt afford before, sold a striker that didnt actually get that many goals and replaced a manager whose team is bottom of the league and seems to pass back a lot, not score many goals and lose more games than they win
  • I don't see the answer lookie I might be being thick,

but if the new group wanted the meeting why not ask the trust to do it as 1 voice surely 2 voices or more is just diluting the strength of the trust

• edited March 2014
    This Belgian business began as a drama, became a tragedy,and with this latest fans' incarnation is rapidly becoming a farce.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

We had a statement on our site earlier this week is that not leading? We also contacted the club asking for a meeting. We will discuss the response and a public response from the club expected today or tomorrow on Monday and comment further, but if anything this group adds more weight to our call, and as stated we were invited to attend and participate which we did.

so we have 2 different groups asking the same questions
  • I would be interested to know how many of the signatories are members of the Trust and if not, why they are not? It would give a clearer view of how these "high profile supporters" view the Trust.

Perhaps they have a variety of views? I support the trust. At the same time I don't endorse everything it says and does.

The point is that trust policy is set by its board, but the trust board cannot dictate the views of this group. If the group acted through the trust then it would have to follow the policy of the trust, in which case it would be unlikely to hold together.

This is the same model used for the Valley Party, the core of which came from the then Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club. But CASC did not fight the local elections, it sat at the heart of a wider group of fans - and incidentally emerged much stronger when the VP disbanded.
  • So we are naming people by their actual names now are we? Nice one Barnie.
  • so whats the point of the trust then if this way

The point is that trust policy is set by its board, but the trust board cannot dictate the views of this group. If the group acted through the trust then it would have to follow the policy of the trust, in which case it would be unlikely to hold together.

is the way to get answers
  • What a mucking fuddle. An apparent splinter group with a couple of trust members, backed by the trusts chairman, asking the questions that the trust should be asking.
  • This is the first positive step as far as I'm concerned, we need to know if the new owner is aspiring to the same ambition that supporters hold. Frankly his actions and words from SL associates don't appear to hold with the best interest of our club.

I support Charlton Athletic Football Club not the name Charlton Athletic stripped of its ambition and identity.
  • What a mucking fuddle. An apparent splinter group with a couple of trust members, backed by the trusts chairman, asking the questions that the trust should be asking.

but the trust cant because how its structured

I am now well confused
  • edited March 2014
    I think that the new grouping is more politically astute, and in the current circumstances, that is a much needed asset. I don't mean that to be derogatory in any sense, it is more a recognition of current realities. I support the trust wholeheartedly, they are of us and for us. But politics ( note the small 'p') isn't something people just absorb through their skins, it requires knowledge and a grounding in the mechanisms of political action. It is my belief that the new grouping has that level of experience and understanding. It is not a splinter group at all, it is an informed unidirectional group and I will support it in which ever way that I am able.