Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Running and Marathon Thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    Ran 15.62km (9.7miles) on Saturday.  I find using the watch set to KM much easier to pace as opposed to miles as the splits come quicker.  Anyone else find this helps them?
    Is this the same for measuring you dick in cm rather than inches, you come quicker?
    Yes - as long as you are wearing a Garmin with HR monitor. 
  • Options
    How is everyone's marathon training going?  I had a training plan which has gone out of the window due to a calf injury that I picked up early November.  Now starting to ramp it up again.  Pre-injury 10miles was the furthest I'd run.  Managed 8 miles quite easily at the weekend.  Bit of spin yesterday and back on the treadmill in a bit for some 5 x 1200m intervals.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    How is everyone's marathon training going?  I had a training plan which has gone out of the window due to a calf injury that I picked up early November.  Now starting to ramp it up again.  Pre-injury 10miles was the furthest I'd run.  Managed 8 miles quite easily at the weekend.  Bit of spin yesterday and back on the treadmill in a bit for some 5 x 1200m intervals.
    Im shocked at how I'm keeping to mine - Especially as having to get up @ 5am for some runs... what with my Wife's working pattern, it means its impossible to get out in the evening

Went up to eleven miles on Sunday with my hopes of a sub 3:30 not looking so out of reach now - Did 3-miles to start my week this morning and legs felt amazingly fresh!!

Its just the pricks who dont look as they pull out of their driveways that I've just got to be careful to keep an eye on!!! - Happening far too often at the moment
  • Options
    Im shocked at how I'm keeping to mine - Especially as having to get up @ 5am for some runs... what with my Wife's working pattern, it means its impossible to get out in the evening

Went up to eleven miles on Sunday with my hopes of a sub 3:30 not looking so out of reach now - Did 3-miles to start my week this morning and legs felt amazingly fresh!!

Its just the pricks who dont look as they pull out of their driveways that I've just got to be careful to keep an eye on!!! - Happening far too often at the moment

Great work.  I bloody love a cold early morning run.  Have signed up for a half marathon on 23rd Feb so hoping to use that as a comfortable training run.
  • Options
    I was going to sign up to the Canterbury 10 (this Sunday) but dont feel quite ready for a return to "racing"

Will enter the Lydd 20 and Hastings Half-Marathon though both of which will be in March
  • Options
    Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon and the Thanet 20 were both excellent challenges/races for my prep back in the day.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon and the Thanet 20 were both excellent challenges/races for my prep back in the day.
    Yeah did Tunbridge Wells when I last did the Marathon - I think the weekend it is this year doesnt tie in with my training plan so skipping it this time

Im pretty sure the Lydd 20 is a replacement for the Thanet 20