Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Running and Marathon Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bloody Nell McAndrew beat my 3.20 time again! She is 45, I was 35. Top totty.
  • Options
    Paul Konchesky finished in a time of 3hrs 51mins

Congrats on getting round with your time @Dazzler21
  • Options
    Is Konch still playing? Heard he was a CH somewhere.
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark is now my favourite pub .. what a day
  • Options
    According to GPS I finished 26.2 in 3:56 but officially covered 26.91 miles lol
  • Options
    Yeaaa he really didnt think about his costume did he!!

Already entered the ballot for next year myself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I'm done on UK marathons... Sights set on Berlin in 2021, I think I need a year off after buggering my chances of a pb this year and ending up disappointed in my times but absolutely astounded at the amazing support I have received especially after injuring myself.

Back to Halves and lower in the UK.

Ahem plug ahem, still time to support ahem.

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/2in2
  • Options
    Just seen this on a running world post...

• Options
    JJ STATS

• Options
    What was your running number @Dazzler21
  • Options
    @rina did 4:20.

well done mate
    cheers. the wheels well and truly fell off today, went through 5k in 25 mins, 10k in 49 mins, 1/2 marathon in 1:50. then both quads cramped up and stayed cramped up until the end, not something I've ever had before. walked a huge chunk of the 2nd half which I did in 2:30, possibly the slowest I've ever done

any other race I would've pulled out at about 16/17 mile but the atmosphere is so amazing that I just wanted to stay out there regardless of the pain. London truly is the best marathon in the world, anyone who has the opportunity to experience it should go for it

the ballot for next year opened today and will close on Friday
  • Options
    rina said:
    @rina did 4:20.

well done mate
    cheers. the wheels well and truly fell off today, went through 5k in 25 mins, 10k in 49 mins, 1/2 marathon in 1:50. then both quads cramped up and stayed cramped up until the end, not something I've ever had before. walked a huge chunk of the 2nd half which I did in 2:30, possibly the slowest I've ever done

any other race I would've pulled out at about 16/17 mile but the atmosphere is so amazing that I just wanted to stay out there regardless of the pain. London truly is the best marathon in the world, anyone who has the opportunity to experience it should go for it

the ballot for next year opened today and will close on Friday
    With you on this. Quad went at 20ish at Brighton and it was a real struggle. Quad goes at London pretty much bang on half way and I still pushed on for the rest of the race walking 0.5 miles then running 0.5 miles
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Dazzler21 looks like you had a very similar experience then, a nice 40 minute positive split, almost the same as mine

Looks like I was really struggling around mile 19, a few big walks in there

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    One of my running buddies further extended her World Record yesterday, for the most number of marathons completed for a woman in 365 days.  The small matter of 178.

The VLM was her 392nd in total.

Just dont know how she does it...or affords it!  (We all know how much marathons cost!) Absolutely insane.  Even more remarkable considering she suffers from extreme hyper mobility and was expected to be in a wheelchair by the age of 35!

Amazing - I assume she doesn’t have a normal 9-5 job?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's crazy, nearly a marathon every two days!!
  • Options
    Just signed up for next year in the ballot. What are the odds of getting a space? Pretty slim I'd imagine
  • Options
    That's crazy, nearly a marathon every two days!!
    She's done 10 in 10 days and 5 in 5 days (which she finished with the VLM) this month including some random ones.

No, she doesnt have a 9-5 job (AFAIK!). I think I read somewhere she works as a kids swimming teacher or something like that.
  • Options
    I jokingly said to mrs there’ll be some nutter who ran yesterday running one today .... and John boys friend has just done 5 in 5 mental 

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I've done the ballot again. 6th year in a row so keeping fingers crossed. That said my back is a mess at the moment. Hoping its fine in 12 months but would be sods law that I'd get a place and not be able to do it!
  • Options
    Well done @johnboy59
  • Options
    Very well done Johnboy.  Fantastic achievement given all you have been through. 
  • Options

My missus and kids reckon I should have a crack.

will be 45 by the next marathon, relatively good fitness levels (still playing vets football etc) however 30+ years of playing mean sore back/knees/ankles etc, standard wear and tear

something I've always fancied doing and probably should've done it long before now.

I'd need a really good training schedule and more importantly to be committed and stick to it....would be easier now that the kids are getting a bit older and I'd have a bit more time to dedicate to it.

I'd be sorely tempted if I could get a place.