Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come in No 4 your time is up! (Ed. Page 33 - Jackson signs new contract to 2023)

Comments

• Options
    Robinson's not as stupid as he looks, good deployment of human shield tactics :open_mouth:
  • Options
    JJ in Congo Chris out.
    It works for me
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Robinson's not as stupid as he looks, good deployment of human shield tactics :open_mouth:

That's a bit cynical RC.....if you don't mind me saying so.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I think the emergence of the left footed Aribo means Jacko can play more as an impact sub . JJ's unique selling point is the sweet left foot which has been particularly impressive taking corners . Yesterday Joe's corner taking was one of the many impressive aspects of his performance .

I would have Johnnie on the bench every game. He proved against Fulham last year he could still have an attacking threat but also defensively he could be a good cool head to help see out a crucial lead.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

That's a bit cynical RC.....if you don't mind me saying so.
    Who moi? cynical? :wink:
  • Options
    Noticed on the video of KR press conference yesterday he mentioned the midfielders he has put did not mention Jacko, is that a sign Jacko is no longer consider an option or just a case of him saying midfielders who are fit?
  • Options

Bit of both IMHO

JJ is injured but about 5 years after people said he was passed it his playing career for Charlton is finally winding down.

Not over, mind. Just winding down.

Getting ready to join the coaching staff hopefully, in preparation for becoming our manager once the Belgium 's have departed
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    He's already chipped in with a few important goals this season. As Henry says his career may be winding down but I still feel he has enough to make an impact at this level.

Would love for him to get 10 goals this season and sign off on a high!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's already chipped in with a few important goals this season. As Henry says his career may be winding down but I still feel he has enough to make an impact at this level.

Would love for him to get 10 goals this season and sign off on a high!

Can't help thinking a super sub role would be better for him, as when he starts he ends up using up most of his energy chasing around midfield. We need him charging into the box at corners to score late winners!
    Or, even, late goals that extend our lead!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

If i was Karl Robinson i would get Jacko to give the team talk before sending them out against millwall

Good idea.

Jacko can tell our team that he's got no idea how to beat Millwall, as he's never been on the winning side.

But he will have a word with Lee Bowyer to find out what it's like.

Can't imagine Bowyer offering many words of inspiration
  • Options
    Tip from Bowyer...how not to get sent off!
  • Options
    Odd isn't it.

Now people are questioning whether he should now be in the team for leadership and goals.

Recently most thought he was a spent force, as was Morgan Fox.

I personally think he should be involved, we are weak, no leadership and rudderless. JJ would help with all these at the mo...

We really cannot get much worse recently, is it 3 points out of 18?? if JJ was recalled, no doubt he would still get " his time is up".

Put him left back instead of Page.

We could do worse....

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I've always wanted Jacko involved even if it's just off the bench, he always makes something happen just by wanting it more.

These last few games he would have been the perfect player to bring on. If you're chasing the game he can get you a goal and if you're trying to see and game out his experience is invaluable.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Odd isn't it.

We could do worse....

I think LB would be wrong position for him, for him to be influential he has to get forward, he cannot do that from LB. Left midfield would also expect too much of him. To use JJ I would think you have to build the midfield around him so he can sit in the middle and get forward when he can. KR likes 4-2-3-1 and the only position for him would be the middle of the 3.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

BR3red said:

Odd isn't it.

We could do worse....

I think LB would be wrong position for him, for him to be influential he has to get forward, he cannot do that from LB. Left midfield would also expect too much of him. To use JJ I would think you have to build the midfield around him so he can sit in the middle and get forward when he can. KR likes 4-2-3-1 and the only position for him would be the middle of the 3.
    Can't argue with that

Just think he is wasted at the moment not playing anywhere at this time.

No doubt if he does play, he will get slated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few more poor results and we may well see him back
  • Options
    Leuth said:

We brought Jacko on as a LB recently. It was an absolute disaster.

Not only do i agree with Leuth I have given him a like.
    God bless whisky
  • Options
    With the kind of leadership we have in this rudderless squad I would rather have him sitting in the centre circle on a rocking chair barking orders at the team, taking up a place over Robinson on the sidelines any day.

He could sell you a warranty on a new TV but I'm not sure he's a manager.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I've been very consistent regarding Jackson.

He is a leader and is still capable at this level, for all those who said his legs had gone maybe go and check the fitness data at the training ground...... the only thing letting him down is stamina and playing two games a week 90 minutes each.

When thing started to go wrong this season (did they ever go right?!), probably when Pearce got injured, we should have fitted Jacko in, he'd make a fantastic old fashioned sweeper. Lets face it JFC mostly came back to within 5 yards of the centre backs yesterday to get the ball.........

Put him in, in a suitable position, like Stevie Brown he won't let you down, the team need him out on the green stuff not on the bench.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Odd isn't it.

Now people are questioning whether he should now be in the team for leadership and goals.

Recently most thought he was a spent force, as was Morgan Fox.

I personally think he should be involved, we are weak, no leadership and rudderless. JJ would help with all these at the mo...

We really cannot get much worse recently, is it 3 points out of 18?? if JJ was recalled, no doubt he would still get " his time is up".

We could do worse....

Noooooo. He's terrible at left back. He's already "played" there once this season and was awful.

Bring him on after 60 mins in midfield, he might be able to give us 30 mins.
  • Options
    Can't see how he fits into Robinson's chosen formation. In a 4-4-2 he can play centrally with a box to box midfielder (with pace) and deliver attacking threat on set pieces.

In any other formation I think it's too hard to slot him in.

• Options

Can't see how he fits into Robinson's chosen formation. In a 4-4-2 he can play centrally with a box to box midfielder (with pace) and deliver attacking threat on set pieces.

In any other formation I think it's too hard to slot him in.

From the start maybe. But off the bench he offers something in midfield if we are either trying to see out the game or trying to get a goal. Seems obvious to me.