Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simeon Jackson

Comments

• Options
    Who cares if he has signed for Millwall. Our forwards are much more exciting. It's our midfield which is in trouble
  • Options
    Kermy said:

Who cares if he has signed for Millwall. Our forwards are much more exciting. It's our midfield which is in trouble

agree
  • Options
    Dont want a player called Simone anyway.
  • Options
    Simons? Err, no, actually.
  • Options
    And would cause SO much confusion ...

" Your ball, Jacko !"
  • Options
    Simone, no actually Simeon!
  • Options
    Not sure he what we need atm, Reza looked good yesterday and we have Polish Pete available next week.

Midfield has to be strengthened. Replacements for Stephens and Stewart are a must!
  • Options
    Probably felt he had more chance getting game time at the toolbox.
  • Options
    Yep, it's the midfield that concerns me as not effective enough. For me, that is the main factor in our lack of goals . . . . .which leads to increased pressure/capitulation of the defence.
  • Options
    Went for a beer with my Millwall mate today and he tells me Jackson was all set to sign then we had an offer for Polish Pete accepted and told him no thanks. Interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:

Went for a beer with my Millwall mate today and he tells me Jackson was all set to sign then we had an offer for Polish Pete accepted and told him no thanks. Interesting

Because a Millwall mate is a reliable source

• Options
    Hoped we would've signed him. Reza and Piotr are complete unknowns for this league despite how promising they look in YouTube videos
  • Options

robroy said:

Because a Millwall mate is a reliable source

He was told by his mate who is a Charlton fan. I much prefer the idea that we told him no rather than missing out to Millwall
  • Options
    Before someone has a go again I am only putting it on this thread because I think its easier than creating a new thread all the time.

Skysports Transfer Centre
    League One outfit Coventry have signed Canada striker Simeon Jackson on a one-year deal. The 27-year-old was a free agent after leaving Millwall.

@Coventry_City
    Welcome to #CCFC Simeon Jackson! Striker signs a one-year deal with the #skyblues: http://t.co/qaipqCiCe1 #PUSB http://t.co/PC6pJh9mkY
  • Options
    Actually think this interesting as many, me included, wanted us to sign him last season. Shows how his career is tailing off.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Actually think this interesting as many, me included, wanted us to sign him last season. Shows how his career is tailing off.

This was the only reason I mentioned it, and he has been strongly rumoured to join us on 2/3 occasions, in fact I was surprised he was not linked this summer lol
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Shouldve listened to me then when I said Jackson ain't all that

His record is poor when you take out one season.
  • Options

Shouldve listened to me then when I said Jackson ain't all thatchem record is poor when you take out one season.

I shall do from now on. ;)

• Options
    cfgs said:

Shouldve listened to me then when I said Jackson ain't all thatchem record is poor when you take out one season.

I shall do from now on. ;)

I won't
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who said that
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Really cannot say why anyone would have wanted to sign him. As NLA says not a consistent proven goal scorer. The complete opposite to the players I want down The Valley.
  • Options
    EVERYONE wanted him at the time.
  • Options
    I'd have him as back up now.
  • Options

Same as everyone wanted Barnard. I believe hes back at Southend now.
  • Options

Same as everyone wanted Barnard. I believe hes back at Southend now.
    So what we're saying is that football fans aren't always right, in fact a lot of the time they are often wrong?

Nah I'm not having it.
  • Options
    He was at Barnsley, but has now signed for Blackburn. Just in time to play us...
  • Options
    Been an while since he's come up, I was getting worried.
  • Options
    Shame 'cos he's just the sort of striker who would fit into our squad - it's only 26 games since he scored!

Still our defence will play him into form.
  • Options

He was at Barnsley, but has now signed for Blackburn. Just in time to play us...

They are resting him and giving the Blackburn ladies team a run out.