Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simeon Jackson

Comments

• dizzee said:

Ross said:

dizzee said:

Kerm, S Jackson, Miller are three very very good strikers. That is a 'play-off' strike force.

Still need a decent winger to supply them though.
    I agree.

Keep the centre pairing of Stephens and Cousins.

The defence is a very good 4 of Solly Morro Wood Wiggins.

With investment in those two strikers and two wingers would have us in the playoffs potentially.
    I'd happily settle for them to come in and move us away from the relegation scrap nevermind a play off spot. Anyway it is all still in the rumour mill for now...
  • dizzee said:

Ross said:

dizzee said:

Kerm, S Jackson, Miller are three very very good strikers. That is a 'play-off' strike force.

I agree.

With investment in those two strikers and two wingers would have us in the playoffs potentially.
    I'll be happy this season with just staying up.

• I cannot understand why people get so wound up about goal records. They are so circumstantial. We are scrapping for survival in the champ and still have a limited budget compared to other teams, in what world are we going to sign a 1 in 2/1 in 3 man, it's just not going to happen. Doesn't need to be repeated about Kermogant's prior record. If a player's got the attributes, they have every chance of bagging the goals in the right side for them.

..but until then we'll never know, so we have to go on past records.

• Just hope any deal is pretty much done and this breaking news doesn't allow others to take him from under our noses!
  • fair enough, but it's the way players are instantly dismissed on here that I don't get. I agree a player who can boast 1in2/3 from the records would seem more exciting, but just cos the bloke might have more 1 in 5/6 don't mean he'll be a flop for us. I think some, not all, have unrealistic expectations of the type of player we can sign and any striker that will be in our price range is never gonna have that outrageous past record at previous clubs.

For me seeing us linked to Miller/Jackson makes me happier than that Gooch and Biton, yet just cos the geezer played for Iran and scored past some pony teams, you'd have thought we were signing a world beater by some people's reactions!
  • Brian said:

dizzee said:

Ross said:

dizzee said:

I agree.

I'll be happy this season with just staying up.

I don't mean this season, this season is about staying up. I mean next season.
  • Jackson S: He was a good striker a while ago .. as with Sordell the question is whether time and some inactivity has blunted his edge ..
  • Jackson S: He was a good striker a while ago .. as with Sordell the question is whether time and some inactivity has blunted his edge ..

Well his edge can't be much more blunt than the spoons we've got up front. (Except Kermy).
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Just hope any deal is pretty much done and this breaking news doesn't allow others to take him from under our noses!

Shouldn't worry about that - I'm sure his agent will have made his availability known to all and sundry anyway.
  • cant see it but hope we get him,wonder who else would like to take him
  • doronron said:

cant see it but hope we get him,wonder who else would like to take him

Possibly anyone in the bottom half of the Championship... Dont forget Bournemouth were after him at the same time as us in the summer whilst Brighton failed to bring in Lewis Grabban so may take a look themselves... Leeds are a bit reliant on Ross McCormack
  • Dizzee by name and dizzy by nature from that comment ;-) Don't think there is a hope in hell we'll make the play-offs this season!
  • Kap10 said:

Simeon is a long-term target for Powell and a proven goalscorer in this division. Go get him! As for Miller, I reckon he's worth a punt. If anyone can get the best out of a player that's lost their way then it's Chris Powell.

Marvin Sordell
    Yann Kermorgant
    Michael Morrison
    Without listing the numerous players that have come in over the last three years that have not exactly excelled either as loans or permanent the moniker of "If anyone can" does not really fit. Like other managers, with some players he can turn them round with others he can't.
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Simeon is a long-term target for Powell and a proven goalscorer in this division. Go get him! As for Miller, I reckon he's worth a punt. If anyone can get the best out of a player that's lost their way then it's Chris Powell.

Marvin Sordell
    Yann Kermorgant
    Michael Morrison
    Without listing the numerous players that have come in over the last three years that have not exactly excelled either as loans or permanent the moniker of "If anyone can" does not really fit. Like other managers, with some players he can turn them round with others he can't.
    Overall though, he sorts them out.
  • No doubt he'll end up at Millwall
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Marvin Sordell
    Yann Kermorgant
    Michael Morrison
    I think its 50:50, but whatever, its the future ones that come in rather than the past, lets hope they either don't need sorting out or they are sorted out.

• Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Marvin Sordell
    Yann Kermorgant
    Michael Morrison
    For every Yann there's a Sordell, Kerkar, Rouamba.

Bit overhyped in my opinion.
  • Forgot Rouamba.

CP's record is not a bad record, its not abnormally brilliant either.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2014
    I think Simeon Jackson is the sort of player we need.
  • edited January 2014
    i
    Kap10 said:

Forgot Rouamba.

CP's record is not a bad record, its not abnormally brilliant either.

The best measure of CPs ability to bring in and make a success of players is what happened in the close season after he first took over. They gave him the tools to do the job at the right time. Remind yourselves just how many were brought in, what the result on the pitch was, and how many of those were failures. The only ones that come to mind quickly are Alonso and Clark, both TJ signings.
  • He may not have scored a ton of goals in recent years but keep in mind he has been up against Premier League and Bundesliga defenses.

I'd certainly welcome him.
  • edited January 2014
    I had suggested Simeon jackosn in 2009 having seen him play at Gillingham. I've had to be patient, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • He's an upgrade on what we have, and that's what we need right now, be surprised if we'll attract players of a higher pedigree right now.
  • I refuse to get excited if other clubs are in for him
  • dizzee said:

Well his edge can't be much more blunt than the spoons we've got up front. (Except Kermy).

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

• I cannot understand why people get so wound up about goal records. They are so circumstantial. We are scrapping for survival in the champ and still have a limited budget compared to other teams, in what world are we going to sign a 1 in 2/1 in 3 man, it's just not going to happen. Doesn't need to be repeated about Kermogant's prior record. If a player's got the attributes, they have every chance of bagging the goals in the right side for them.

Well there's one not even getting on the bench at Liege
  • We could end up buying him and if any good would end up at Standard Liege ;-)