Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simeon Jackson

Comments

• Simeon Jackson worked well with Grant Holt at Naarwich. Can see a good potential partnership between KMG and Jackson.
  • Watched the video ....... how is he going to get service like that at Charlton?
  • Vincenzo said:
    Good clips. Can see Jackson and KMG being a good partnership similar to Jackson and Holt.
  • Cawley suggested there could be other Championship clubs in for him but doesn't know anymore than that.
  • Yes please , go get him Roland!
  • Cawley suggested there could be other Championship clubs in for him but doesn't know anymore than that.

Typical - why do we always let the cat out of the bag too soon? We are not in a strong position to compete, so need to get such deals done on the QT before they become public knowledge...

• don't worry Weegie as he agent would have alerted all and sundry already
  • cafctom said:

He may not have scored a ton of goals in recent years but keep in mind he has been up against Premier League and Bundesliga defenses.

That is a very valid point.

Typical - why do we always let the cat out of the bag too soon? We are not in a strong position to compete, so need to get such deals done on the QT before they become public knowledge...

I suggest you have a word with Jackson's agent to keep his gob shut next time.

• Maybe Andy Hughes could have a word with him about signing for Leeds us
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited January 2014

Cawley suggested there could be other Championship clubs in for him but doesn't know anymore than that.

There's a surprise. Not.
  • vff said:

Cawley suggested there could be other Championship clubs in for him but doesn't know anymore than that.

There's a surprise. Not.
    Is Cawley supposed to know all the potential suitorsfor a striker at a club in the Bundesliga?

• vffvff
    edited January 2014
    No wisdom, all rumours innit, nothing actually happening. Not having a go at Cawley. Just frustrated that Charlton seem to be no nearer getting any quality in, in the positions that matter and may help us avoid relegation. Its the hope etc.
  • edited January 2014

i

Kap10 said:

Forgot Rouamba.

CP's record is not a bad record, its not abnormally brilliant either.

The best measure of CPs ability to bring in and make a success of players is what happened in the close season after he first took over. They gave him the tools to do the job at the right time. Remind yourselves just how many were brought in, what the result on the pitch was, and how many of those were failures. The only ones that come to mind quickly are Alonso and Clark, both TJ signings.
    The alternative view could be that the judge of a managers ability is not when he has ample resources, but when he has to make the best of limited resources.

Of course, in reality it is over the course of the managers period in post.

:-)
  • Bournemouth were in for him in the summer but then signed Rantie for 2mill so I doubt they would be after him again. There are probably another 7 or 8 clubs in the Championship that could do with a striker and might be interested though.
  • Kap10 said:

i

Kap10 said:

Forgot Rouamba.

The best measure of CPs ability to bring in and make a success of players is what happened in the close season after he first took over. They gave him the tools to do the job at the right time. Remind yourselves just how many were brought in, what the result on the pitch was, and how many of those were failures. The only ones that come to mind quickly are Alonso and Clark, both TJ signings.
    The alternative view could be that the judge of a managers ability is not when he has ample resources, but when he has to make the best of limited resources.

"Ample"...as I have mentioned several times, the Charlton board established that Huddersfield had a wage budget 50% higher than Charlton that season. They struggled into the play offs, while we stormed away with the division. That'll do for me, as it would in any normal business when measuring use of budget.

And the trouble with the rest of his period in post is not just that he hasn't been given any budget, he hasn't even been allowed to move until it's too late. In terms of the market Church and Sordell were the absolute dregs available at this level, everyone else any good was snapped up in June, just as we snapped people up at that time when we built a team to meet an objective.
  • Kap10 said:

i

Kap10 said:

Forgot Rouamba.

"Ample"...as I have mentioned several times, the Charlton board established that Huddersfield had a wage budget 50% higher than Charlton that season. They struggled into the play offs, while we stormed away with the division. That'll do for me, as it would in any normal business when measuring use of budget.

And the trouble with the rest of his period in post is not just that he hasn't been given any budget, he hasn't even been allowed to move until it's too late. In terms of the market Church and Sordell were the absolute dregs available at this level, everyone else any good was snapped up in June, just as we snapped people up at that time when we built a team to meet an objective.
    So Huddersfield had ample to the power of ten, agreed and our budget was only 110% of income!
  • I'll be shocked if we sign him.
  • It has to be a permanent deal if we sign him. We can't risk another Obika / Stewart situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 2m
    Millwall have signed striker Simeon Jackson. #millwallfc
  • Oh great! We miss out and Millwall secure the player who will keep the, up and send us down! Brilliant!
  • They can have him. he's nowhere near as tall as Polish Pete
  • meldrew66 said:

Oh great! We miss out and Millwall secure the player who will keep the, up and send us down! Brilliant!

You are being sarcastic right?
  • Of course. Sarcasm driven by sheer bloody depression this season.
  • Might as well have a bet on him now to score against us.
  • meldrew66 said:

Of course. Sarcasm driven by sheer bloody depression this season.

Oh I don't blame you at all, but some of the shit flying around this site I really wanted to be sure!
  • edited February 2014
    so fecking what ? he didnt want to come to us when he was with the Kent Pikeys and now has joined Smallwall---he obviously has a gold fish fetish ---- f++k him.
  • Cawley tweeting he has signed for Millwall.
  • Cawley tweeting he has signed for Millwall.

This was tweeted by skybet championship yesterday