Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time for the tank?

Comments

• markmc68 said:

Are you Chris Powell's other love child.
    Only jesting.
    Some people get so upset. Lighten up.

Maybe people are just getting bored of all the doom threads ?. In the Moyes thread Utd fans are getting mocked for 'still' supporting him... Maybe they know that constant moaning and slagging off doesn't help anything ?
  • If you read my initial post I only asked who was out there. Shall we stick with him like we did les reed ?
  • markmc68 said:

If you read my initial post I only asked who was out there. Shall we stick with him like we did les reed ?

Lol 40 days in charge is really sticking with it. Nobody is good enough for his club. RD has been owner for 2 weeks and already he isn't good enough, or done enough for some people

• terrific wind up thread, buy as soon as PDC was mentioned it got silly, hey?
  • Malky Mackay
    Gianfranco Zola
    Steve Clarke

All good options to get us out of this mess.
  • Colin W*****r too
  • Not advocating Powell losing his job, but f it was to happen, would rather someone who has managed in England and ideally who knows the league.

Therefore Mackay would be my choice, although expect him to go somewhere either in the Prem or a side with genuine promotion ambitions.

Zola did a good job at Watford, is a "big name" and I think he used to live locally so may suit all parties.

From what I have read Clarke divided opinion at WBA, some believe he was fortunate to inherit such a good squad from Hodgson and got found out when their good start faded in 2012/2013, others believe he is an excellent coach and was very unlucky to lose his job.
  • Powell and Mackay are friends too arent they? Would he want to come in and essentially take over from Powell?
  • So the early runners and riders are.
    Malky
    Clarke
    Zola
    PDC
    Costa
    Andy Hughes
    Ince
    Di Matteo
    Hoddle
    Edgar Davids
    Russell slade
    Nathan jones
    Micky mouse

Not a bad bunch.
    Anymore?
  • markmc68 said:

So the early runners and riders are.
    Malky
    Clarke
    Zola
    PDC
    Costa
    Andy Hughes
    Ince
    Di Matteo
    Hoddle
    Edgar Davids
    Russell slade
    Nathan jones
    Micky mouse

Not a bad bunch.
    Anymore?

Its the frozen body of Walt, not Mickey.. He can be a new mascot though.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we do end up getting relegated then we need a manager who can prove that he can get us out of League 1 at the first full attempt, most probably with a new squad of untried players and preferably with a record points tally into the bargain. Connection with and understanding of the Club's heritage would be desirable if not essential. Oh wait...........
  • Jonny Robinson. Not that one. The one from X factor
  • Curbs anyone ?
  • Curbs would be brilliant. His win percentage at Charlton was 38.52%, which is really good. If Chris Powell were to leave, Curbs would make an adequate replacement.

Fortunately, there's no reason to suggest that Powell (win ratio 40.79%) is likely to leave.
  • Give Powell the right backing and he will do the job.

The present slump is because of lack of investment in what is essentially a third division squad albeit a good one as evinced by the 100 plus points it gained in 2011/2012.
  • Chizz said:

Curbs would be brilliant. His win percentage at Charlton was 38.52%, which is really good. If Chris Powell were to leave, Curbs would make an adequate replacement.

Fortunately, there's no reason to suggest that Powell (win ratio 40.79%) is likely to leave.

A percentage I think you will find is heavily influenced by the season we spent in the old Division Three under Powell.
    I recall the London derbies under Curbs used to be of the Arsenal and Chelsea variety, not Dagenham and Orient.

• Warren knows his onions.
  • Chizz said:

Curbs would be brilliant. His win percentage at Charlton was 38.52%, which is really good. If Chris Powell were to leave, Curbs would make an adequate replacement.

A percentage I think you will find is heavily influenced by the season we spent in the old Division Three under Powell.
    I recall the London derbies under Curbs used to be of the Arsenal and Chelsea variety, not Dagenham and Orient.

Got it. So Curbs was a better manager, because he used to get fixtures against better teams.
  • It's Chris Powell all the way for me and if by some tragic act he does leave then his replacement will be virtually unknown and certainly untested in English football.
  • It's Chris Powell all the way for me and if by some tragic act he does leave then his replacement will be virtually unknown and certainly untested in English football.

Which is not the same as being bad. Villas-Boas and Mourinho were both untested unknowns, and certainly unproven, when they were appointed in Portugal, they didn't do too badly. Chris Powell when he first came in had no managerial experience whatsoever, just coaching and a nice guy reputation.

I repeat that I do NOT want Powell gone, but neither would I contemplate protesting or some sort of campaign were he to leave. If Roland is not going to trust CP with the money we NEED to rejuvenate the squad, then let him bring in someone he will give the funds to. If the dreaded R were to hit us, RD would drop us like a dog turd, we'd be as bad off as we were in the Parkinson days financially speaking I am sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• IF Powell goes .. not di Canio, Costa or anyone else with an exotic name and nil credibility .. Steve Clarke, Malky McKay (though it is doubtful if we could afford them or if we would be attractive enough) .. Steve Brown or (sorry an old favourite of mine) John Still with Andy Hughes as head coach
  • It would have to be a mind-boggling, out of this world appointment to trump a guy who has somehow, with very little financial backing for the majority of his tenure, got us out of L1 & into a position where we are just a player or two short of being a decent Championship side.

If he goes, so does a large part of my faith in the people running the club.
  • At least we will have Pritchard to remind us of SCP.
  • When he goes, I would like somebody brought in with an incline as to what he is doing.

An understanding of how to set a football team up, a general grasp of what to do if plan a doesn't work.
  • Incline?
  • inclines to an inkling
  • markmc68 said:

So the early runners and riders are.
    Malky
    Clarke
    Zola
    PDC
    Costa
    Andy Hughes
    Ince
    Di Matteo
    Hoddle
    Edgar Davids
    Russell slade
    Nathan jones
    Micky mouse

Not a bad bunch.
    Anymore?

Apart from Costa - as I don't know.
    Hughes, Jones & Micky Mouse, who have never managed.
    What do all the rest have in common ?

They were all sacked for being shite !
    Powell never has been, so by definition he must be a better manager :-)
  • iainment said:

Incline?

It is all uphill (or down hill) from where we are now.

• Is covered end Bradley Pritchard in disguise. Every manager is hired and fired. Not sure if wenger is available. Oh no let's just give Powell a 30 year contract because we all love him. Get real.
  • Di Canio got sacked for failing to galvanise the players at Sunderland! 100% no from me.