Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Derby | Post Match Views 2013

12346»

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

The best bit of the whole afternoon was the joyful caperings of the Upbeats at half-time.

The rest was grim; we're in deep trouble. Perhaps Powell would benefit from an older and more experienced mentor. It's really quite sad to witness the decline of Kermorgant, reduced to giving Harriott withering looks for getting in his way when shaping for a shot from the edge of the box. Harriott is utterly futile. I like Morro, and don't blame him for the headed miss from two yards. Alnwick seems steady.

I haven't seen the TV replays; did the men in the wall duck or split for the deflected free-kick giving Derby the lead? And I note the second goal originated from a move on left in the space just vacated by Wilson, substituted.

Port Vale, here we come....

The wall was fine and stuck firm. The free kick simply hit Cousins on the head and looped up into the opposite corner wrongfooting Hamer Alnwick.

One of those quirks of fate that simply cannot be legislated for.

Yep, can't blame the wall for jumping or Alnwick for being fooled by a deflection like that. I sit right behind the goal and said to my dad right away that hitting Cousins like that, the ball could have gone straight up in the air, or wide either side, or bounced right back out again. We just seem to have ridiculous luck like that sometimes! (Always.)
  • Options
    Another depressing performance.You can't fault the effort but the lack of quality all over the pitch is alarming? I agree with those that say that Wood should start, our current 2 are ponderous, Wiggins has lost confidence and looks in need of a break and really Pritchard is not Championship quality. In addition why not give Sordell a start, after the next match, the substitutions all smack of desperation. The bottom line us that this squad is not god enough for this division. I feel sorry for Powell but if he is not to be given any more resources then surely, he must fall on his sword and give someone else a chance.As things are we are going down, maybe someone else can get more out of this squad. doubtful, I know but otherwise it will be Fleetwood Town next season
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is no one out there who can replace Powell. Not on his salary, like Airman said.

Can you imagine the interview, between MS/TJ and new manager?

"We want you to be in charge of this glorious club. However...the contracts for the majority Of the playing staff expire in June. We aren't too sure whether we will renew them or not.

There are transfer funds available. All £3.50, be wise though, we would like you to build a team that will be competitive in the Premiership.

Could you please use your renowned motivational skills on the squad? Not being funny, I know they have mortgages, families to support etc, but surely they will not be affected with a decision of us not letting them know if they have a job or not?

One last thing, don't worry, you usually get paid on time. We just need to ask a director to bail us out, every so often.

So....let me show you where to sign!"
  • Options
    In regards to a performance...give Sordell 3/4 games, and not 6 mins. What's the worst that can happen? Not score? We have been struggling to do that, since August!
  • Options
    just realised derby have amassed the same number of points in the last 6 games as we have in the entire season.