Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps Li Ka-Shing would like to buy Charlton.
  • Options
    Didn't Greene king used to buy up all the smaller breweries?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Didn't Greene king used to buy up all the smaller breweries?
    Yep, murdered more than a few breweries. 
  • Options
    GK indifferent regarding sale.

Been drinking BrewYork, Saint Mars of the Desert, Northern Monk, Against the Grain (Louisville), Arbor, Wylam recently
  • Options
    GK's beer couldn't be much worse. Not a patch on Adnams 
  • Options
    I was working on their PR and they couldn't understand why no one was buying their IPA as 'IPA Is hip drink'.
    Glaringly obvious why no bugger drinks it, it's not really an IPA, but more importantly it tastes absolutely disgusting...

They sincerely thought a rebrand would boost sales.
  • Options
    Never forgiven them for down grading St Edmund Ale from a strong pale ale that was an absolute delight to a wishy washy 'crisp golden ale' weighing in at a mere 4.2%. 
  • Options

About £4.30 in this Ampthill boozer yesterday.

The Pilsner was going down better than when over in Prague.  Prague is much more enjoyable I must add.
  • Options
    I've splurged a bundle on the pilsner urquell six packs of 330ml cans this week, £5 in Waitrose and Tesco. 
    I'm not a lager fan generally, but i've always liked this one.
  • Options
    Country roads
    take me hone

To the place where I belong,

South east london

North stand lower
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way that Pilsner Urquell has been poured constitutes a capital offence in Plzen.

• Options
    In my youth you maybe had a choice of Shepherd Neame, Greene King IPA or Ruddles.  I'd avoid a pub with Greene King IPA as it was awful.  Not much changed since.  Not a massive fan of Shepherd Neame style but they are good brewers, hope they don't sell up.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I've splurged a bundle on the pilsner urquell six packs of 330ml cans this week, £5 in Waitrose and Tesco. 
    I'm not a lager fan generally, but i've always liked this one.
    That's a very good price for over there! I'd fill your boots at that price before Halloween...
  • Options

This Pils certainly hit the spot.

Well worth visiting this gem of a boozer for anybody in the Brighton area of Fishersgate.
  • Options
    Cheap beer in Manchester, according to the BBC;

''An Australian cricket journalist was mistakenly charged £55,000 for a single bottle of beer in a Manchester hotel.

Peter Lalor ordered the £5.50 Deuchers IPA at the city's Malmaison hotel before being stunned to discover he had been charged $99,983.64 (£55,315.12).

Mr Lalor, who was in the city to cover the Ashes series, now believes he drank "the most expensive beer in history".

• Options
    NEIPA by Overtone (Glasgow)
    Limoncello IPA by Ora (London)
    NLM imperial IPA by Wylam
    so far tonight.....
  • Options
    Brought back a four pack of Montauk IPA from my trip to Long Island (was all I could fit in the case) and have genuinely loved the Offland IPA...shame you can't get it here...  Other mate who was staying in NYC itself brought me back a couple of DIPAs from Other Half and I can't wait to crack them open...(currently 'letting them settle' in the beer fridge)...  Also been drinking Bad Seed again, after stocking up on a trip to Yorkshire....if you see it, drink it! Cheers
  • Options
    MrWalker said:

''An Australian cricket journalist was mistakenly charged £55,000 for a single bottle of beer in a Manchester hotel.

Peter Lalor ordered the £5.50 Deuchers IPA at the city's Malmaison hotel before being stunned to discover he had been charged $99,983.64 (£55,315.12).

Mr Lalor, who was in the city to cover the Ashes series, now believes he drank "the most expensive beer in history".

£5.50 is bad enough.
  • Options
    Brought back a four pack of Montauk IPA from my trip to Long Island (was all I could fit in the case) and have genuinely loved the Offland IPA...shame you can't get it here...  Other mate who was staying in NYC itself brought me back a couple of DIPAs from Other Half and I can't wait to crack them open...(currently 'letting them settle' in the beer fridge)...  Also been drinking Bad Seed again, after stocking up on a trip to Yorkshire....if you see it, drink it! Cheers
    Fan of other half, great beer. Bad seed in supermarkets these days. Just enjoying an imperial IPA from Track, happy days
  • Options
    Fan of other half, great beer. Bad seed in supermarkets these days. Just enjoying an imperial IPA from Track, happy days
    Kelham Island is a great place for a beer.  We shall certainly be heading there for the game in February.

Plus the New Barrack Tavern.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:

The thing that amazed me about that story was that they said the bank had agreed to rescind their £1,000 charge on the transaction.  Sounds like legalised pickpocketing to me.
  • Options
    I don't get how she managed it.

£550, for example, I could understand where she'd gone wrong.
  • Options
    Kelham Island is a great place for a beer.  We shall certainly be heading there for the game in February.

Fat Cat pub is overrated.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Fat Cat pub is overrated.
    The Shakespeare was heaving the night before Doncaster away.
  • Options
    Yeah Greene King IPA is horrible. 

• Options

Wetherspoon pubs across the UK are today cutting the price of a pint. The pubs have reduced the price of a pint of real ale by an average of 20p.

More than 600 of the company’s pubs are now serving a pint of Ruddles (brewed by Greene King) for £1.69.

A further 160 pubs will be offering a pint for £1.59 or below, including 36 pubs which will be serving a pint for £1.39.

The remaining pubs will serve a pint between £1.99 and £2.89, depending on the individual pub’s location, including pubs in Central London.

Pubs which do not serve Ruddles will serve either Greene King IPA or Caledonian Deuchars.

• Options
    Christ Ruddles.
    @PopIcon yeah it’s been left behind in my opinion. Hope they can move with the times, did great work fighting against dross years ago.
    @ElfsborgAddick Shakespeare is good, gardeners is as well for cask with a great location on the river. Kelham Island tavern has added great keg to its fantastic cask offering, bar stewards has superb keg.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Wetherspoon pubs across the UK are today cutting the price of a pint. The pubs have reduced the price of a pint of real ale by an average of 20p.

More than 600 of the company’s pubs are now serving a pint of Ruddles (brewed by Greene King) for £1.69.

A further 160 pubs will be offering a pint for £1.59 or below, including 36 pubs which will be serving a pint for £1.39.

The remaining pubs will serve a pint between £1.99 and £2.89, depending on the individual pub’s location, including pubs in Central London.

Pubs which do not serve Ruddles will serve either Greene King IPA or Caledonian Deuchars.

Is this for one day only or is it a permanent change that takes effect today?
  • Options
    Christ Ruddles.
    @PopIcon yeah it’s been left behind in my opinion. Hope they can move with the times, did great work fighting against dross years ago.
    @ElfsborgAddick Shakespeare is good, gardeners is as well for cask with a great location on the river. Kelham Island tavern has added great keg to its fantastic cask offering, bar stewards has superb keg.
    Shakesphere is probably my favourite Sheffield pub. Kelham island tavern and the newish Hop Hideout are worthy mentions. Devonshire cat is not the great pub it used to be.
  • Options
    Hope hideout is a good shout. Add Rutland to that. St mars of the desert and tramshed good but further out