Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Swore I wouldn’t after being sucked in by the hype in previous years, but I bought two cans. I feel ashamed now. 
  • Options
    Speaking of his decision to go teetotal on Adam Buxton's podcast Lee Mack described how he set about finding the best alcohol free alternatives.

He apparently lined up and tasted 50 different beers and settled on Freedam and Lucky Saint. Both review well.  Lee Mack was brought up in a pub environment and speaks with some authority on the subject, so they may well be worth a try ... if desperate  :)  

• Options
    I've tried Lucky Saint and didn't like it at all, but it's a lager and I don't think they translate at all well to the alcohol free format. They lack the bite that you get from a hoppy beer and this makes the absence of alcohol much more apparent.
    Best ones I've found have been Run Wild IPA, Big Drop pale, Days pale ale and Guinness 0/0, all of which I've had quite a lot of over the last three or four months. 

• Options
    Guinnness 0 is probably the best alcohol free I’ve tried it tastes just as good as the real stuff. Admittedly only tried it in Ireland. It’s main draw to the other alternatives is it looks and smells like a real pint 
  • Options
    Guinnness 0 is probably the best alcohol free I’ve tried it tastes just as good as the real stuff. Admittedly only tried it in Ireland. It’s main draw to the other alternatives is it looks and smells like a real pint 
    Had a couple of cans last night... At least as good as canned Guinness!

I quite like freedam as an alcohol free lager, and ghost ship for a bitter. 

Normally have Becks 0 in pubs which is drinkable but would much rather have a pint so it's the same as the rest of the table, I'd maybe even carry on drinking if they have that... Mind you my local has some large bottles of Erdinger which is good
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Parrotdog Peter Double Hazy IPA.

One of the best beers I’ve ever had. 8.5% though, so careful with this one.
    If you love your Hazy IPA’s and can’t get enough of it, this is the one, but it’s massive! It truly is a Double Hazy IPA.
  • Options
    On of the benefits of skiing in Vermont is you can get decent beer on the mountain. The beer that really kickstarted high quality craft brewing in New England. 

• Options
    A quick trip to Lawsons Finest Liquids, as they’re only a few miles from the bottom of the mountain. This place is much bigger than I expected. Here we have a Double Sunshine IPA with red grapefruit. Very pleasant, 8%. 

• Options
    This is alright as a novelty, but I'd rather have a regular Guinness tbh.

• Options
    Stig said:
    This is alright as a novelty, but I'd rather have a regular Guinness tbh.

Too many of these would give you a tummy upset.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This was very pleasant, a shame I only had one.

Petersfield is a very nice place to visit for a beer.
  • Options
    Trillium Citra Dry Hopped Trillium - sour/wild ale - 6.4%. Very nice, up front acidity, but a really smooth finish. Big fan of sour IPAs, and although I think that technically this isn’t one, it’s definitely a favorite. It’s a shame they don’t have this in cans/bottles. Draft only. 

• Options
    Anyone like Plum Porter?
    If so which is best? 
  • Options
    Anyone like Plum Porter?
    If so which is best? 
    My favourite is St Peters but Titanic isn't bad, though it tastes a bit artificial to me - there's no plum juice only plum flavouring in that one. That said, St Peters doesn't list any ingredient that would give it a plum flavour so I suspect it's similarly done but they just missed it off the list.
  • Options
    Thank you. I'll give St. Peters a go. 
  • Options
    Not the finest beer in the world but the sunshine makes it all the better. Today in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. 
    Lovely spot, was there last November.
  • Options
    Not the finest beer in the world but the sunshine makes it all the better. Today in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. 
    Lovely spot, was there last November.
    How good to spend 30 minutes of your life :)
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Estrella is a lovely beer. I enjoy it here but its always nice drinking in the country of origin. Here's one from my last holiday in October 

• Options
    Had to give it a go on account of Rodney's middle name. Admittedly I'd had a few at this point but it went down very nicely...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had to give it a go on account of Rodney's middle name. Admittedly I'd had a few at this point but it went down very nicely...

What’s in the ‘wee’ jars? 😳🫣
  • Options

samples...
  • Options

samples...
    🤢😱
  • Options

15 hour trip back to Ireland for a funeral, need this one.
  • Options
    Just enjoyed a Bexley Brewery Redhouse. Bottle conditioned Ruby bitter; delicious!
  • Options
    This one’s a bit of a beast - perhaps only half a bottle

• Options
    Another Lamplighter day, to pick up the first subscription beer for 2023. Tried this one on draft - Frida. Billed as a barrel aged Mexican hot chocolate stout. Definitely a stout, definitely chocolate. Definitely 11.7%. Not sure about the Mexican bit. 

• Options
    The Barrel Project - Volcano. A coffee sour. My curiosity got the better of me. I know sour espresso is a bad pour, so why would this work. It’s OK just for it’s sourness, and you know it’s coffee, but I wouldn’t do it again. 

• Options
    Starting my rest days with this little beauty! 7.5%. Moving on to Jupiler when the chilli con carne is ready!