Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    I didn't see much of the final but from what I did see Selby must be rueing that black he missed which would have taken it to 8-8.

Momentum is important when the finishing line is in sight and that miss gave it to Robertson.
  • Options

I'm rubbish at snooker , better at pool i think , but i always seem to miss the start of the World Champs , and by the time i do suss it out its started its half way through it!

When does it start up , is it still in Sheffield , and who are the favourites?

Still at The Crucible Theatre in Sheffield
    Qualifiers- 8th April till 16th April
    Actual Tournament- 19th April till 5th May

And with the favorites it could be anyone at the moment but personally
    O'Sullivan-Always has a chance
    Robertson-Playing probably the best snooker at the moment
    Ding-Playing his best snooker
    Selby-Probably the new Jimmy White(Best player never to win the World Championship
    Trump-Does not have a proper game to win

but a outsider I would go for would be Bingham playing great snooker at the moment
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I didn't see much of the final but from what I did see Selby must be rueing that black he missed which would have taken it to 8-8.

Momentum is important when the finishing line is in sight and that miss gave it to Robertson.

Selby was playing poor all tournament, He did have a great morning session and went 5-1 up but Robertson was far far to strong this evening, His long Pot success went from around 40% this morning to nearly 70% tonight.
  • Options
    The Masters is an invitational event so in my opinion should not be in any triple crown as majority of players are unable to win it.
  • Options

When does it start up , is it still in Sheffield ?

And we've got Sheffield Wednesday away Monday 21st April 3pm kick off , so a weekend of snooker and on the Monday you can get the morning and evening sessions in around the football !

• Options

When does it start up , is it still in Sheffield ?

And we've got Sheffield Wednesday away Monday 21st April 3pm kick off , so a weekend of snooker and on the Monday you can get the morning and evening sessions in around the football !

Statto's best friend....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The Masters is an invitational event so in my opinion should not be in any triple crown as majority of players are unable to win it.

They say The Masters because its one of the 3 biggest English tournaments.
  • Options
    Thailand's Dechawat Poomjaeng has just got his first 147 and number 101 in snooker history
  • Options
    Cheers Paulie , please bump this thread nearer the time to remind me its on!
  • Options
    never been to see a major tournament but after watching the uk championships the other day I couldn't help but notice that no one was drinking. not even a cup of tea. do northerners naturally don't need as much fluid as us or is their a rule against having drinks (alcoholic or soft) in the room?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wallsend's Gary Wilson world ranked 89th has just got his first 147 so that is now 102 in total,
    Unfortunately for both him and Dechawat Poomjaeng they now have to share the £2,500 prize for the maximum
  • Options

never been to see a major tournament but after watching the uk championships the other day I couldn't help but notice that no one was drinking. not even a cup of tea. do northerners naturally don't need as much fluid as us or is their a rule against having drinks (alcoholic or soft) in the room?

Ive been to The Crucible a few times and there was alcohol served out back but you were not allowed to take any in to the auditorium
    and you could only get in and out inbetween frames
    Saw plenty of stag parties that just sat out the back watching it on tv boozing
  • Options
    World Snooker have announced a Statement regarding Stephen Lee and his appeal for match fixing
    http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsArticles/0,,13165~3583097,00.html
    Interesting to see what the outcome is
    Stephen Lee is still adamant its not true
  • Options
    This is going to start to turn into a 147 thread
    In today's Championship League Snooker
    Shaun Murphy Currently ranked 8th in the world from Harlow got his 2nd 147(His first back in 2001)
    So that's 103 in snooker history
  • Options
    The Dafabet Masters started today at Ally Pally
    The defending champion Mark Selby started against Mark Davis
    Selby went 4-0 up Davis pulled it back to 5-5 so it went to a final frame decider
    Which Selby won after almost 1 hour to win the match 6-5

Next up at 7 tonight is a very tough match to call Stuart Bingham v John (The Cheat) Higgins
  • Options
    Watching the darts, far more entertaining.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Not as close as i thought it would be Higgins beat Bingham 6-2 and will play Mark Selby in the quarter final

Judd Trump v Marco Fu and Stephen Maguire v Joe Perry tomorrow, Trump and Maguire should win but Perry could cause an upset
  • Options
    Some great games today which was made better by it being my first time watching live

Marco Fu beat Judd Trump in a final frame decider, it was a match either player could of won but once again Trump has fallen great player on his day but seems to lack that killer edge.

In the evening session Stephen Maguire went 5-1 up before Joe Perry pulled it back to 5-4 Perry had a few chances in the 10th frame but Maguire won to win the match 6-4

Tomorrow is Ding Junhui v the now slimmer Shaun Murphy which starts at 1 then at 7 Ronnie O'Sullivan is facing Robert Milkins who is making his masters debut.
  • Options
    Steve davis...proper addick

saw someone mention lewisham snooker hall. That place was great (mean the one right.next to the.clocktower). 50 people in there and about 4 actually playing snooker. I love the game and enjoy watching and playing but im not very good
  • Options

Are any pro snooker players addicks?

Other than Steve Davis none I no about

the top players support the big teams for instance Neil Robertson massive Chelsea fan and Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy are massive Man Utd fan

Mark Selby is no glory hunter born in Leicester and supports them

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure i set up similar thread ages ago :)

I love a bit of snooker, play local league and big Ronnie O' Sullivan fan.

Selby/ Ronnie final this one

Im going to welsh end of next month which i am looking forward to!
  • Options

Pretty sure i set up similar thread ages ago :)

I love a bit of snooker, play local league and big Ronnie O' Sullivan fan.

Selby/ Ronnie final this one

Im going to welsh end of next month which i am looking forward to!

Finally someone else lol been getting stick as i am the only one who posts on here lol
  • Options
    I had a similar thread before mate, not alot of fans but we can talk amongst ourselves :)
  • Options
    O Sullivan on fire this afternoon. Love watching him play when he's like this. Absolute twat of a human being but a genius with a snooker cue in his hand. Without doubt the greatest player of all time!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Been busy last few days so not been on here, So just a update for anyone interested

Tuesday:after a 80 minute power cut Shaun Murphy beat Ding Junhui 6-4 Ding had a few chances to go 5-2 up but Murphy pulled off 4 frames in a row to take the match.
    The evening session saw Ronnie O'Sullivan ease past Robert Milkins who was making his Masters debut 6-1

Wednesday:After yet another tight match and a final frame decider Australian Neil Robertson beat Northern Irish Mark Allen 6-5.
    The evening match was once again a final frame decider in the all English battle between Dartfords Barry Hawkins and Ricky Walden which was won by Walden 6-5

Thursday:The start of the Quarter Finals which saw Shaun Murphy go 4-1 down to Marco Fu before winning 5 frames in a row to win 6-4.
    The evening match was again for the 5th time decide by a Final frame decider, Mark Selby went 3-1 up over John Higgins before Higgins pulled off 4 frames in a row to lead 5-3, then the Selby comeback started he pulled it back to 5-5 so onto the final frame Selby has never lost a final frame decider at The Masters Higgins had chances in the frame but 2 big kicks cost him frame and match.

Friday:What can I see about todays game, as much as I dislike him Ronnie O'Sullivan gave a snooker lesson today 6-0 in 57 minutes and 556 unanswered points Ricky Walden did not play bad O'Sullivan was just amazing

SEMI FINAL DRAW
    Mark Selby V Shaun Murphy
    Ronnie O'Sullivan V Stephen Maguire
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The evening session was a comfortable win for Stephen Maguire 6-2

Which has meant there will be no triple crown winner this season
  • Options
    Aye that first frame took nearly as long as the whole o sullivan v walden match
    real scrappy, was surprised NR had such problems with his break building

cant see past a rocket v jester from leicester final
  • Options
    The 'Rocket' really lived up to his name today. He was phenomenal.
  • Options
    Yeah, just watched that session; he was phenomenal. I felt sorry for Ricky Walden. He only really made one mistake and that was to play against O'Sullivan. Frame after frame Ronnie built massive breaks out of nothing. Just nothing you can do about that.