Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    What a player that Moody is, how many times does he address the shot and duck left before he cue's. Even Wilsonesque stroking of the cue every time about 10 times.

• Options
    German Masters - Ali Carter beat Tom Ford 10-3 in the final

No Snooker this week, Champions league next week and Welsh Open the following.

The crucible is in sight, not long now. Not sure whether i will have time to do a prediction comp this year @paulie8290 fancy running it if you can or anyone else. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I lied, Champions league snooker is on as we speak. It popped up on my FB so find on there , currently Neil Robertson v Robert Milkins (semi finalist last week) 

Group:
    John Higgins
    Noppon
    Guodong
    Selt
    Gilbert
    Milkins
    Robertson 
  • Options
    Yesterdays scores:
    Robbo 3-2 Higgins
    Guodong 3-2 Noppon
    Selt 3-0 Milkins
    Gilbert 3-2 Guodong
    Selt 3-1 Noppon
    Robbo 3-0 Gilbert
    Guodong 3-1 Higgins (Highest break Guodong141)
    Milkins 3-2 Gilbert
    Higgins 3-2 Noppon
    Guodong 3-1 Robbo
    Robbo 3-0 Milkins
    Selt 3-0 Gilbert

I always like to follow this, however it is a short format so the results can be taken with a pinch of salt. This was being streamed on FB under Champions league snooker if anyone wants to follow.

Top 4 qualify, 5th will play the next day/group. 

Kicks off 11am. 
  • Options
    Watched the German masters final. No contest really. Ford gave up for the last couple of frames. 

Could never get totally into the champions league. Watched many a game where one player doesn't start well and that's it. Surprised no TV network has it other than it being on Facebook though. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Watched the German masters final. No contest really. Ford gave up for the last couple of frames. 

Could never get totally into the champions league. Watched many a game where one player doesn't start well and that's it. Surprised no TV network has it other than it being on Facebook though. 
    I would sort of agree, although changing the format so no draws does help. Higgins needed to win his last game yesterday to get into the 4 place play off, then went on to win beating Selt 3-1 in the final. 
    Higgins wins group 5

So we lose Higgins, who progresses. Next group(6) today/tomorrow:
    Guodong, Selt, Robbo & Milkins 
    Yuelong, Mcgill and Perry join them. 

Starts at 11am, on FB/Youtube and most likely betting sites. (Just search Champions league snooker and it will come up) 
  • Options

I would sort of agree, although changing the format so no draws does help. Higgins needed to win his last game yesterday to get into the 4 place play off, then went on to win beating Selt 3-1 in the final. 
    Higgins wins group 5

So we lose Higgins, who progresses. Next group(6) today/tomorrow:
    Guodong, Selt, Robbo & Milkins 
    Yuelong, Mcgill and Perry join them. 

Starts at 11am, on FB/Youtube and most likely betting sites. (Just search Champions league snooker and it will come up) 
    There have never been draws in the non ranking version of it

It gets so confusing now there are 2 tournaments with the same name they really need to rename one of them

The non ranking version has been running since 2008 originally at Crondon Park in essex which is best of 5

Then during covid they created the new one as a ranking event for all 128 players who wanted to enter as the original one is invite only,  thats the one that is best of 4 with draws

You can pay to watch both tables here

https://matchroom.live/subscribe?gclid=CjwKCAiA0JKfBhBIEiwAPhZXD4dRaHkCqz99SeLyZ7m_D59ETL3NfW_ypmsGF5nbPfLIqVMlr2k3xBoCcjwQAvD_BwE

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Sorry for lack of updates last week, i was following the Welsh Open and it was quite exciting in terms of the bet victor bonus race and also players who could get into Players this week. 

Milkins beat Murphy in the final, to win £80k for the title, following his recent win in Gibraltar. He got a £150,000 for overtaking Ali Carter by winning the title, so it was huge. Really happy for him and he has found a bit of form, Murphy did have a 147 earlier in the tournament but didn't really quite perform in the final. He's also due to make a minimum of £70k + based on tournaments he gets in now for winning the title.

Yesterday's players Championship rests:
    Joe O'Connor 6-3 Mark Allen
    Ryan Day 6-2 Chris Wakelin

Todays matches:
    1pm: K Wilson v Yuelong
    1pm: Murphy v Selby 
    7pm: Carter v Trump
    7pm: Milkins v Ford

A reminder the players who missed out, Ronnie, Neil Robertson, Higgins, Williams (17th IRRC), Hawkins, Maguire. This event is for the top 16 in the One year ranking list. Ronnie's titles were both non-ranking so don't count
  • Options
    meant to post this last week  -Ali Carter re number of pro's / prize money etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/64609682
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    meant to post this last week  -Ali Carter re number of pro's / prize money etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/64609682
    100% this is true, Milkins said going into this event that before his win in Gibraltar its ben the toughest few years for him, in the past he has never really struggled but was in debt and put a lot of pressure on him. Now he has won 2 events and the bonus etc. he is now fortunate, however there are many out of the top 16 who are literally struggling.

Petrov made a good point the other day, whilst the Bet Victor bonus is nice, they could have used the money maybe for an event without the top players which could help, i get why that will never happen and the bonus is clearly an incentive to do well in their sponsored events. But it does make you think, how they can do better when in the past Milkins who has probably been a 16-64 player most of his career and managed, there is more money in the game now so it should be spread around really. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Last nights games both went to deciders, Milkins beat Ford 6-5, Ali Carter beat Judd Trump 6-5

In the earlier games Shuan Murphy beat Mark Selby 6-3, Kyren Wilson beat Yuelong 6-2

todays matches:
    Brecel / Lisowski  - 1pm
    Ding/G Wilson - 1pm

Quarter final tonight : 
    Ali Carter v Robert Milkins 7 pm Best of 11*

*All matches so far have been best of 11

• Options
    Yesterdays round up:
    Brecel beat Lisowski 6-4
    Gary Wilson beat Ding 6-3

Carter is through to the semi final, beating in form player and man of the moment Milkins

1pm: Joe O'Connor v Luca Brecel
    7pm; Murphy v Day

The remaining quarter final is to be played tomorrow, with Semi final one tomorrow eve. 
  • Options
    Murphy beat Carter in the final last week, he was unstoppable most of the week. I think he had the top 5 breaks or 5 of top 6
  • Options

Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao will miss the 2023 World Snooker Championship as they await the outcome of a match-fixing investigation.

They are among 10 Chinese players facing fixing charges who will remain suspended until the end of the season.

Zhao is ranked ninth in the world and Yan is 19th.

It has been announced their disciplinary hearings will start on 24 April, which is during the World Championship at the Crucible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/64823515

• Options
    Selby wins the WST Classic! 

The comp was a replacement, i think for Turkish masters? not 100% but Selby defeats Pang Junxu 6-2 to win.

Next week we have the tour championship which is the top 8 in the one year ranking list go head to head best of 19(proper snooker).

World Championship qualifiers start 3rd April - 12th April 

World Championship starts 15th April, i will be going on the 17th evening, first timer and will stay up there until Wednesday cant wait. 
  • Options
    Sounds awesome mate. Seeing snooker/world championship at the crucible is a dream of mine. 
  • Options
    Sounds awesome mate. Seeing snooker/world championship at the crucible is a dream of mine. 
    Thank you mate, i cannot wait. Its odd as i've probably been to snooker about 10+ minimum maybe even 20 times lol. I am looking forward to the trip and seeing the snooker, i cant wait! 
  • Options
    Snooker World Championship is nigh.... Qualifiers this week and started yesterday. 16 year old Stan Moody wins in the first round 10-7 against Petrov other winners include:
    Astley
    Kazakov
    Jamie O'Neill
    Martin O Donnell (beating Marco Fu convincingly) 
    Daniel Wells
    Dylan Emery
    Haydon Pinhey

The rest of 1st round continues today/ tomorrow, I'll try to give the odd update when possible but keep an eye on youtube/betting sites if you want to keep up to date. Next week will be judgement day which is broadcast on FB & Youtube which is always good to follow on the final days
  • Options
    Qualifying rounds 1 conclude today, also Q2 begins. Yesterdays winners: 
    Allan Taylor
    Boiko
    Nuble
    Iqbal
    Burden
    Aaron Hill
    Adam Duffy
    Andrew Higginson
    Michael Geogiou
    Poomajang (Beat Mink 10-7 , Mink made her first century as a professional)
    Pinches (current high break 140)
    David Lilley
    Ross Muir
    Sanderson Lam
    Sean O'Sullivan
    Andrew Pagett

• Options
    Hendry just made a century in his first frame! wow, a really good one too tbf, opening exchanges they both missed a few pots but a great century. Hendry leads Cahill 1-0, i am watching on 365 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Yesterdays qualifiers into Q3 (which is Saturday/ Sunday) 

Hugill
    Ian Martin
    Holt (10-8 win v NG Yee, who also hit the highest break for a female at WC 115)
    Liam Davies
    Ken Doherty (beat Reanne 10-5) 
    Zak Surety
    Ben Mertens
    James Cahill (beat Stephen Hendry 10-4)

Jimmy on the ropes 7-2 down to Martin O'Donnell, on the other side of the coin/career you have Stan Moody 8-1 down against Anda. 
    Today concludes Q2, then a break until Saturday for the remaining hopefuls. 

(I probably won't be able to update until Tuesday, which is when Judgement day starts and the final stage where we will have 16 Qualifiers ready by Wednesday late/Thursday early hours) 
  • Options
    Its of a tricky one with loads of games to fill in, but none of the old guard made it through to Judgement day: Hendry, Ken Doherty, Jimmy White, nor did any of the female players

So this brings us to one of the most hectic couple of days, Judgement day! 8 will qualify by the end of today/early hours tomorrow and the final 8 will be Wednesday night/ Thursday early hours. Judgement day is broadcast live on both FB and Youtube every year and they normally flick through the tables to catch the key points and update. 

Judgement Day Part 1, 11am, 5pm
    Mcgill v Yupeng
    Noppon v Zhang Anda
    Dott v Selt
    Un Nooh v Ricky Walden
    Si Jihai v Jordan Brown
    Chris Wakelin v Wu Yize
    Fan Zhengyi v Stephen Maguire
    Jak Jones v Barry Hawkins

Part 2 (Wednesday)
    Ryan Day v Scott Donaldson
    Xu Si v Pang Junxu
    Hamilton v Robertson
    Slessor v Yuelong
    Vafaei v Jackson Page
    Higginson v Grace
    Mark Davis v Joe Perry
    Matthew Stevens v David Gilbert

The draw for the crucible is Thursday Morning, it starts Saturday... I am there Monday eve :) 

• Options
    8 have qualified for the Crucible, 8 to go today (11am start)

Mcgill 
    Noppon 
    Selt
    Ricky Walden
    Si Jihai 
    Wu Yize
    Fan Zhengyi 
    Jak Jones

So Barry Hawkins will not be at the Crucible for the first time since 2006/7 , Dott is out, Maguire, a couple deciders in there and at the halfway stage only a couple were 6-3 the rest all 5-4, one of them was overturned Wu Yize v Wakelin.

More drama today! 
  • Options
    This thread needs @paulie8290, hope you are well mate! I do miss you on here, but understand why you don't frequent as much nowadays. Any predictions for this years worlds? feels to me it might be quite open couple of with a lot of the top players not firing, although Selby looks a good shout
  • Options
    Brutal finish in Mark Davis v Joe Perry match. 9-9, Davis clearing up needs just the pink, middle distance pot, misses and Perry pots a good black to win. Davis drops off the tour for the first time since 1992. 
  • Options
    Brutal finish in Mark Davis v Joe Perry match. 9-9, Davis clearing up needs just the pink, middle distance pot, misses and Perry pots a good black to win. Davis drops off the tour for the first time since 1992. 
    very! i actually had Joe Perry for a bet so was watching it, looked like Davis had it, the pink wasn't formality but you expected him to get it. Nearly fluked the pink too but left over the hole and a long black. 

The draw is just on now on BBC sport 5 live
  • Options
    Final 8 qualifiers 
    Ryan Day 
    Pang Junxu
    Robertson
    Slessor
    Vafaei
    Grace
    Joe Perry
    David Gilbert
  • Options
    The draw is as follows: 
    Lisowski - Noppon
    K Wilson - Day
    G Wilson - Slessor
    Trump - Mcgill
    MJW - J Robertson
    Selby - Selt
    Higgins - Grace 
    Neil Robbo - Wu Yize
    Bingham - Gilbert
    Allen - Fan Zhengyi
    Carter - Jak Jones
    Milkins - Perry
    Ding - Hossain Vafaei
    Murphy - Si Jihai
    Brecel - Walden
    Ronnie - Pang Junxu

Ronnie will be on Saturday as the reigning champ, some shocks on the cards i think. 

• Options
    The draw is as follows: 
    Lisowski - Noppon
    K Wilson - Day
    G Wilson - Slessor
    Trump - Mcgill
    MJW - J Robertson
    Selby - Selt
    Higgins - Grace 
    Neil Robbo - Wu Yize
    Bingham - Gilbert
    Allen - Fan Zhengyi
    Carter - Jak Jones
    Milkins - Perry
    Ding - Hossain Vafaei
    Murphy - Si Jihai
    Brecel - Walden
    Ronnie - Pang Junxu

Ronnie will be on Saturday as the reigning champ, some socks on the cards i think. 

• Options
    big chance for Allen and Wilson this year as no one that i have seen is in good form. Possibly even Lisowski and Ding. though form has never stopped the big boys like Ronnie and co from finding their form when needed.