Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• YAN BINGTAO IS MASTERS CHAMPION 
  • The Masters Final

Yan Bingtao 10-8 John Higgins 
  • Yan Bingtao will win a World Championship before Ding Junhui mark my words
  • edited January 2021
    quality final. Yan looks damn good. being world champion is a dead cert*

*at some point, not necessarily this year but his odds will have certainly been slashed. 
  • you would think after a few years in Sheffield he would of picked up a Yorkshire accent by now
  • He wasnt expecting the trophy to be so heavy 🤣🤣
  • Amazing young talent and really good final.
  • Another person who has picked up the trophy, this was the closet I got 🤣🤣 I got within touching distance only 

• What an absolute treat that was to watch. I cannot wait to see Yan and Ding eventually duke it out in a major final. That'll be a great match.

Delighted for Yan as well, he's just such a lovely bloke. And (in Mandarin) he speaks like a wide-eyed kid who almost doesn't believe where he is on the world snooker stage! Fantastic stuff.
    I don't think Ding will win one now, whereas Bingtao probably will. Ding has greater cue ball control but Yan has a fantastic temperament. If he improves his breakbuilding and scoring then he will win plenty more tournaments. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thoroughly enjoyed that!  Watching Yan's approach - willingness to take on shots others wouldn't and some great shots too.  Most exciting player to watch.  Always enjoy watching Ronnie...but I think Yan is the new one to watch.
  • YAN BINGTAO IS MASTERS CHAMPION 
    Well happy with this, i didn't watch alot of the final but a great win, i caught the last few frames but footy on all day. 

Yan does seem great potential , would be very surprised even more so than before if he doesn't become world champ its a matter of when rather than if, still would like Ding to win it but maybe Yans win here might push him on? 

Class temperament, was really awkward watching his interview after on Eurosport and ROS trying to talk to him when he hasn't really got a good grasp of English just yet. What a talent! 
    I don't think Ding will win one now, whereas Bingtao probably will. Ding has greater cue ball control but Yan has a fantastic temperament. If he improves his breakbuilding and scoring then he will win plenty more tournaments. 
    I get that, expected Ding to have won it by now but i wouldn't right him off just yet. He doesn't have Yan's temperament but he has the quality and still on his day/ week can beat anyone. He doesn't always seem interested as he is adored back in China, hopefully seeing Yan win this he might up his game so he can be the first man from China to lift the trophy. 

It will be interesting and pretty much a flip of the coin who becomes World Champ first, although we are at the stage where potentially Ding will become less likely where Yan the man will only go up. 
  • 147 GARY WILSON

Gary makes the 166th 147 in Snooker history and his 3rd, his last one coming 6th April 2017 in the World Championship qualifiers 
  • German Masters starts tomorrow and for the first time since he lost in the qualifiers to Fergal O'Brien I am glad Selby lost, as it means I can cheer Murphy on to win now.

Its going to be a very emotional tournament for Shaun Murphy, the first German Masters since Brandon Parker passed away, as I said when he died Brandon was key in setting up the German Masters and it wouldn't be the event it us now without him, he was also Shauns manager and nentor for a long time.

The trophy has now been officially renamed after Brandon as well which is a really nice touch by WST.

Shaun will be desperate to get his hands on the trophy to honour Brandon and if he can channel his emotions the right way I think he will be able to.

He has a decent quarter which he should be able to win, Trump in the semis would be tough obviously then the final against probably a Bingham or Lisowski.

• Putting this on a different post so I dont have to quote all that at the end of the tournament but I am calling it now lol.

Shaun Murphy will win the 2021 German Masters 
  • Higgins was the only player to test positive so he has withdrawn and Carrington gets a bye
  • German Masters at Milton Keynes

ROUND ONE

Wednesday January 27

09:30am

• Kacper Filipiak v Ding Junhui
    • Shaun Murphy v Jamie O'Neill
    • Liang Wenbo v Jak Jones
    • Tom Ford v Yuan Sijun

2pm

7pm

• Judd Trump v Mark Davis
    • Jordan Brown v Graeme Dott
    • Barry Hawkins v Ryan Day
    • Mark Joyce v Joe O'Connor
    Live on Eurosport 09.25-12.30, 13.55-17.00 & 18.55 - 22.00
  • Putting this on a different post so I dont have to quote all that at the end of the tournament but I am calling it now lol.

Shaun Murphy will win the 2021 German Masters 
    lost 5-4 to Jamie O'Neill in first round
  • German Masters 
    Round 1
    Results 

Ding Junhui 5-4 Kacper Filipiak 
    Tom Ford 5-0 Yuan Sijun 
    Jak Jones 5-4 Liang Wenbo 
    Jamie O'Neil 5-4 Shaun Murphy 
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching Maguire v Dale in the 8th frame. Dale has just potted the brown off the blue spot (the blue ball is on the brown spot). The brown has been placed on the pink spot even though the blue is available. Why? I thought that it should be the next highest spot available, I. E. The blue spot?
    Can anyone answer that please.
  • Phil said:
    Watching Maguire v Dale in the 8th frame. Dale has just potted the brown off the blue spot (the blue ball is on the brown spot). The brown has been placed on the pink spot even though the blue is available. Why? I thought that it should be the next highest spot available, I. E. The blue spot?
    Can anyone answer that please.
    Don’t worry just realised that my interpretation was wrong. It is, of course, the highest colour spot available going down from black etc. Why did I forget that? Doh!
  • UPDATE 

there will be no updates from me for the forseeable future, i am taking a break for a while
  • Hope you are ok @paulie8290
  • Thursday January 28

09:30am

• Stuart Bingham v Zhou Yuelong
    • Louis Heathcote v Jack Lisowski
    • Luca Brecel v Noppon Saengkham
    • Pang Junxu v Robbie Williams

ROUND TWO

Thursday January 28

2pm

• Trump/Davis v Jones/Perry
    • Filipiak/Ding v Dale/Maguire
    • Hawkins/Day v Liang/Jones
    • O'Brien/White v Joyce/O'Connor

7pm

• Murphy/O'Neill v Brown/Dott
    • Ford/Yuan v Carrington
    • Pang/Williams v Bingham/Zhou
    • Heathcote/Lisowski v Brecel/Saengkham

Eurosport 09.25- 12.30, 13.55-17.00, 18.55-22.00

• UPDATE 

there will be no updates from me for the forseeable future, i am taking a break for a while
    Oh shit, sorry to hear mate. hope you can rest and sort yourself out whatever the problems are. We will miss you but look after yourself and hope to see you back when you are ready 
  • Was watching a bit of the Bingham / Zhou game this morning and neither played well
    The Lisowski / Heathcote game sounded good
  • MrOneLung said:
    Was watching a bit of the Bingham / Zhou game this morning and neither played well
    The Lisowski / Heathcote game sounded good
    typically i turn it on just now and they're repeating that match between Bingham and Zhou. 

wanted to see Lisowski. 
  • is Milton Keynes the only place where you can play snooker in the world? 
  • is Milton Keynes the only place where you can play snooker in the world? 
    I read somewhere that it’s been chosen as the regular venue because of the on-site facilities whilst COVID is an issue. 

I’m assuming that means the players actually stay on site, and they don’t leave from the time they arrive to the time they get knocked out