Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    Group E 
    Results and Current Table

Xiao Guodong 3-1 Jordan Brown
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 2-2 Ken Doherty 

Xiao Guodong 3 Points 
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 1 Point
    Ken Doherty 1 Point 
    Jordan Brown 0 Points
  • Options
    Group F 
    Result and Current Table 

David Gilbert 3-1 Mark King

Kyren Wilson 3 Points
    Scott Donaldson 3 Points
    David Gilbert 3 Points
    Mark King 0 Points  
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Group E 
    Result and Current Table

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 3-1 Jordan Brown

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4 Point
    Xiao Guodong 3 Points 
    Ken Doherty 1 Point 
    Jordan Brown 0 Points 
  • Options
    Both tables resume at 5.30 with the remaining 3 matches
  • Options
    Group F 
    Result and Current Table 

Kyren Wilson 2-2 Scott Donaldson 

Kyren Wilson 4 Points
    Scott Donaldson 4 Points
    David Gilbert 3 Points
    Mark King 0 Points   

Each player has one match left and other than Mark King the group is still anones to win
  • Options
    Group E 
    Result and Current Table

Ken Doherty 3-1 Xiao Guodong 

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4 Point
    Ken Doherty 4 Points
    Xiao Guodong 3 Points  
    Jordan Brown 0 Points  

1 match remains for each player and like group F other than Jordan Brown anyone else can still wib this group
  • Options
    Group F 
    Result and Current Table 

Mark King 3-1 Scott Donaldson 

Kyren Wilson 4 Points
    Scott Donaldson 4 Points
    David Gilbert 3 Points
    Mark King 3 Points   

1 game to go Wilson v Gilbert, Winner goes through if its a draw then Wilson goes through 
  • Options
    Group E 
    Result and Current Table

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 2-2 Xiao Guodong 

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5 Point
    Ken Doherty 4 Points
    Xiao Guodong 4 Points  
    Jordan Brown 0 Points   

Final match is between Doherty and Brown and its straight forward Brown is bottom no escaping that, If Doherty wins he tops the group, any other result and its Un-Nooh who tops the group(unless its 2-2 and Doherty beats Un-Nooh top break of 135 so highly unlikely)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Group F 
    Result and Final Table 

Kyren Wilson 3-0 Dave Gilbert 

Kyren Wilson 7 Points
    Scott Donaldson 4 Points
    Mark King 3 Points
    David Gilbert 3 Points

Kyren Wilson goes into Fridays final group 
  • Options
    I was going to say a massive final frame on table 2 with Doherty 2-1 ahead but he just got a 139 to go 2-1 ahead so no matter what happens in that final frame now Doherty is in Fridays final group
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic achievement for Ken Doherty to make it to the final groups in this
  • Options
    Group E 
    Result and Final Table

Ken Doherty 2-2 Jordan Brown

Ken Doherty 5 Points
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 5 Point
    Xiao Guodong 4 Points  
    Jordan Brown 1 Point

Doherty through into fridays final group
  • Options
    Group G and H tomorrow the final 2 groups of stage 2.

Group G will be on table 1 and on Freesports 
    Group H will be on table 2 and on Matchroom.Live
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Gotta say I really dont like this rule change that u can now concede when you opponent is at the table.

Sae Mark King do it multiple times yesterday and Tom Ford just did it then.

It just seems un gentlemanly and not in the spirit of snooker, can also stop your opponent getting a feel for the table

For instance if its frame 1 and he is at the table on 50 break with 1 red left, its his right to clear up and get a proper feel for the table in frame one, he has earnt that right and you should just sit there and wait it out
  • Options
    I just stumbled across this guy on the BBC sports pages, thought it might be of interest to you snooker fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/snooker/54692709
    Someone posted back only a few posts ago mate. :) I love things like that, whilst there has been some bits on twitter which is just mean or trying to be funny. But great admiration for anyone who deals with their disabilities and doesn't set them back from what they enjoy. 
    I did check before posting, must have missed it. 
  • Options
    Gotta say I really dont like this rule change that u can now concede when you opponent is at the table.

It just seems un gentlemanly and not in the spirit of snooker, can also stop your opponent getting a feel for the table

For instance if its frame 1 and he is at the table on 50 break with 1 red left, its his right to clear up and get a proper feel for the table in frame one, he has earnt that right and you should just sit there and wait it out
    If your opponent concedes whilst you're at the table, is there anything in the rules that says you can't continue?
  • Options

If your opponent concedes whilst you're at the table, is there anything in the rules that says you can't continue?
    Not sure TBH its a very new rule.

And everytime someone has done it so far thats the end of the frame, so would be interesting to see if a player does say but I want to carry on lol
  • Options
    Is it a rule or just a change in the etiquette of the game? I don't mind a concession if for example there's one red left and one player has been playing for snookers and then his opponent pots the red. But I don't like the idea of a concession when someone is in the middle of a break.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Is it a rule or just a change in the etiquette of the game? I don't mind a concession if for example there's one red left and one player has been playing for snookers and then his opponent pots the red. But I don't like the idea of a concession when someone is in the middle of a break.
    Its an official rule change, commentators have mentioned it a few times now, one player at the table gets to snookers required and the other player just concedes.

I saw it a few times with King yesterday it wasnt even a case were he tried to play on for snookers on anything then just gave up.

That was one of the times, that time Wilsom had only potted 1 ball then King conceded but in an earlier frame Wilson had about a 30 break and King conceded.

When does it stop, can u concede if your opponent has 99 and u dont want them to get a century just to piss them off?
  • Options
    Group G

John Higgins 3-0 Jamie Clarke
    Tom Ford 2-2 Martin Gould

John Higgins 3 Points
    Tom Ford 1 Point
    Martin Gould 1 Point
    Jamie Clarke 0 Points
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Group H

Mark Davis 2-2 Li Hang
    Joe Perry 3-1 Tian Pengfei

Joe Perry 3 Points
    Mark Davis 1 Point
    Li Hang 1 Point
    Tian Pengfei 0 Points
  • Options
    Its an official rule change, commentators have mentioned it a few times now, one player at the table gets to snookers required and the other player just concedes.

I saw it a few times with King yesterday it wasnt even a case were he tried to play on for snookers on anything then just gave up.

That was one of the times, that time Wilsom had only potted 1 ball then King conceded but in an earlier frame Wilson had about a 30 break and King conceded.

When does it stop, can u concede if your opponent has 99 and u dont want them to get a century just to piss them off?
         Especially in these mini league formats where highest break is a decider.
  • Options
    Group H
    Result and Current Table 

Joe Perry 3-0 Li Hang

Joe Perry 6 Points
    Mark Davis 1 Point
    Li Hang 1 Point
    Tian Pengfei 0 Points

Play resumes at 5.30 on table 2
  • Options
    Group G
    Result and Current Table 

Tom Ford 2-2 Jamie Clarke

John Higgins 3 Points
    Tom Ford 2 Points
    Martin Gould 1 Point
    Jamie Clarke 1 Point

Play resumes at 5.30 on table 1, so just under half an hour now 
  • Options

Would you say its like giving an opponent the black in pool? It happens alot if its over the pocket and people will just give it or mess the table up to give the frame to get on with the next. 

I try not to do it, although sometimes i will in practice with someone. I have mixed views it can be poor sportsmanship i agree, also sometimes its just not worth it and just makes the game quicker. I have been guilty and try to default as let my opponent pot the easy black although sometimes its even expected they will ask. 

Regarding snooker if its early frames it should be courtesy and mostly happens, but if its to speed the game up as effectively that claim is won. Conceding out of turn is poor form but i could understand depending the way they do it, also if early on in or as a needle, they would factor into it. 
  • Options
    Group G
    Result and Current Table 

Martin Gould 3-0 John Higgins

Martin Gould 4 Points
    John Higgins 3 Points
    Tom Ford 2 Points
    Jamie Clarke 1 Point

All players still have 1 match left and its still anyones
  • Options
    Group H
    Result and Current Table 

Mark Davis 2-2 Tian Pengfei

Joe Perry 6 Points
    Mark Davis 2 Point
    Li Hang 1 Point
    Tian Pengfei 1 Point

Everyone still has 1 match to go, but they are playing for places now as Joe Perry is through to tomorrow's final group 
  • Options
    Group G
    Result and Current Table 

Martin Gould 2-2 Jamie Clarke

Martin Gould 5 Points
    John Higgins 3 Points
    Tom Ford 2 Points
    Jamie Clarke 2 Point 

Last game is between Higgins and Ford

If Higgins wins-he goes through 
    If its a draw Gould goes through 
    If Ford wins 3-0 with a break of over 70 he goes through.
    If Ford wins any other score or without a break of 70 plus Gould goes through
  • Options
    Group H
    Result and Current Table 

Joe Perry 2-2 Mark Davis

Joe Perry 7 Points
    Mark Davis 3 Points
    Li Hang 1 Point
    Tian Pengfei 1 Point 
  • Options
    Group G
    Result and Final Table 

John Higgins 3-0 Tom Ford