Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ref

13»

Comments

• Options

A cheat. From the start of the game he made it clear that he was officiating a Leeds win. I have to assume he's getting paid for this

Yeah but by who? Wouldn't surprise me if in years to come something dodgy comes out about this game.
  • Options

A cheat. From the start of the game he made it clear that he was officiating a Leeds win. I have to assume he's getting paid for this

Yeah but by who? Wouldn't surprise me if in years to come something dodgy comes out about this game.
    I think that's over the top. There's a world of difference between incompetence and corruption.
  • Options
    Looking at Stig's post, he does seem to benefit Leeds a few times. Looks like he even tried playing for them in the Leicester game!
  • Options
    I don't think he is corrupt. Just useless. Going by those other reports I think the FA might need to stop him from reffing Leeds games for a while
  • Options
    Does anyone know which part of the country he is from?
  • Options

Dorset/Hampshire .. I wickied him
  • Options

Gillingham
  • Options
    edited November 2013

I think that's over the top. There's a world of difference between incompetence and corruption.
    Yeah I know, went to the England cricket match v Pakistan when it eventually came out about the bowlers (subsequently banned) cheating due to betting scandal. At the time we didn't even think much about it.

Not saying he was just you never know until sometimes later it comes out.

• Options
    Bournemouth
  • Options
    Much as I dislike Durso the only one who comes close to Stroud is Trevor Kettle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Much as I dislike Durso the only one who comes close to Stroud is Trevor Kettle

Kettle is consistent at least, he'll book and send off all and sundry without prejudice.
  • Options
    Born in Bournemouth, but lives in Gillingham, Dorset.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

*Stalker Alert

• Options

TelMc32 said:

*Stalker Alert

Only if Wiki is right MOG! Not sure if Gillingham, Dorset is a caravan Mecca, like the one in Kent, so wanted to clarify twiggy's post ;-)
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Morrison was lucky not to be sent off. On another day he would have gone for the challenge on Brown.

Nothing in it Clem, probably looked worse from the North than the East. Wasn't a bunch of players wanting to retaliate, and Brown was barely touched despite how he made it look.

For me the ref was a significant factor, and DMC has said much of what I wanted to say more eloquently than I can be bothered with. It just doesn't seem right that the ref's sympathies tended away from the only team trying to play football.
    I thought Morrison went over the top and the leeds player did get a bit uperty.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options

Good point.

• Options
    This guy should just be told to find another occupation.How do the powers that be allow a such an incompetent to continue to officiate? Maybe he was so stressed over the two pitch inspections. Just show some common sense FA,or whoever judges refs.,and bench him for the rest of the season.Maybe fine him?
  • Options
    The standard of reffing has gone down at every level. Who in their right mind would want to do it anyway? If you look at kids' games and the abuse that refs and linos get from the parents you wonder why anyone would do it at all. You see shocking decisions at Premier League level too.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

The standard of reffing has gone down at every level. Who in their right mind would want to do it anyway? If you look at kids' games and the abuse that refs and linos get from the parents you wonder .

Trouble is they get it from both sides so in reality can refs ever be right?

They need to have the confidence to make their own decisions without being influenced by anyone.

Knowing what Leeds fans and players can be like I suspect he had pressure on him..

I'd let them come out and explain decisions - what would be the harm in that.

If people still didn't agree then fair enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Church was blatantly pushed in the back in the area in the second half which the ref completely ignored and the first half one similarly although he should have stayed up in my view as the contact was mnimal.

Reputation did for him there?

If you thought the bloke took advantage of slight contact then I suspect the ref thought the same and felt he was trying to cheat again...

Mind you did Church get booked?
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Church was blatantly pushed in the back in the area in the second half which the ref completely ignored and the first half one similarly although he should have stayed up in my view as the contact was mnimal.

Reputation did for him there?

If you thought the bloke took advantage of slight contact then I suspect the ref thought the same and felt he was trying to cheat again...

Mind you did Church get booked?
    For what? Diving?