Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ref

I don't think I've seen a worse ref than the one today. If someone has let me know

Comments

• Options
    Abysmal shocking clueless wanker.
  • Options
    Terrible. I'm usually relatively fair about refs but he was shocking. Allowed Leeds to play act, throw a few arms around and was overawed by the occasion. Their timewasting was abhorrent but again he didn't take control of it. Ruined the game for me.
  • Options
    Thought he was a fucking disgrace tbh
  • Options
    Disgrace - their penalty looked harsh but fair, but as he gave that he had to give us at least one as well. Never stopped their diving or time wasting - shocking.
  • Options
    I give me 9 out 10 on behalf of Leeds
  • Options
    StevieK said:

Disgrace - their penalty looked harsh but fair, but as he gave that he had to give us at least one as well. Never stopped their diving or time wasting - shocking.

It was a pen I think BUT seeing he ignored two of ours, he should have ignored theirs to level it out...

Trouble is when a ref is that bad towards one team and so lenient to another in a match the players dont know what is and isnt a foul... i.e. at one point McCormack went down in the final third (no different to any other fouls the ref had given Leeds) and he was ignored leaving him on the floor with his hands up asking why not
  • Options
    Shocking
  • Options
    He failed the CL height test miserably!!
  • Options
    Church should have been booked if it was not a penalty. He was a total disgrace, the only thing he did right was to book Kenny but he should have done that a lot earlier.
  • Options
    Both Ref and Lino (I'm sure it was De Canio) were an utter joke. Clueless arsehole that must live in Leeds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't like criticising refs at all but he was awful. Huge mistake with their penalty and was in the pocket of the Leeds players from start to finish. Highlight for me was him finally booking Paddy Kenny for time wasting and then when he did Kenny sarcastically applauded him. Red card for me. Gutted by today's result. Thought we were better than them from start to finish.
  • Options
    I thought he was a weak character, at least in his body language, and I thought his positioning and keeping up with play was below average. His decision making seemed impulsive, and when he booked a player he did it miles away waving the card about on the end of his outstretched arm. He did not have the front to step up to a player and book him properly, or have words when needed either. I felt he was the kind of starstruck referee you sometimes find, who when surrounded by the 'glamour' of names, and the professional game, gets nervous and in a bit of a tiswas.
    The guys sense of self importance would have been inflated because of the pitch issue before the game, when for a while he would essentially have been god.
  • Options
    Didn't think he was the worst by a long shot.

Thought it was clear pen for them, not a pen for us in the first but was in the second when Church was pulled. He booked Kenny early for timewasting which stopped him and also Blackstock for kicking the ball away.

Didn't give everything our way but that's not why we lost.

Leeds are just a snidy, timewasting bunch with a sneaky thug in Brown, a good keeper in Kenny and classy striker in McCormack
  • Options
    Notice Leeds only got injured / time wasted really in the first half... Was that to stop Charlton from taking advantage of the poor half of the pitch??
  • Options

Thought it was clear pen for them, not a pen for us in the first but was in the second when Church was pulled. He booked Kenny early for timewasting which stopped him and also Blackstock for kicking the ball away.

Leeds are just a snidy, timewasting bunch with a sneaky thug in Brown, a good keeper in Kenny and classy striker in McCormack

My seat in the NW gave me a good view of their penalty. No contact and he dived.

• Options
    Three words poor, shit and useless. Terrible performance from the ref
  • Options
    Its funny how only the Leeds players got injured & had to have the physio on - I don't believe ours came on once.....but then you expect that from "dirty leeds" and shows through to the mentality of their fans who Clap during a minute silence (see other thread)

Not sure if the ref was the worst one we've had but was very poor............apart from the pen/non-penalties that he gave the worst decision was to penalise 5ft 8 Harriott for backing into their 6ft 2 defender !! joke.
  • Options
    The penalties were all pretty poor decisions, but for me much worse was the perpetual giving minor fouls on Leeds whilst waving play on for identical challenges by Leeds players. If he was blowing up for silly little niggles for both teams, I would think he had a bad day, but by the end I was genuinely wondering if he was incompetent or as bent as a paperclip. I can't and won't blame the result solely on him, but that doesn't mean I don't think he is a fucking awful abject excuse of a piss poor referee.
  • Options
    I thought Michael Brown refereed the game.
  • Options

My seat in the NW gave me a good view of their penalty. No contact and he dived.

You could see from where I sit one of their players clearly saying to Morro, "no way was that a penalty" with a huge grin on his face.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Physio covered the most distance in the Leeds team. ( Apart from the ref )
  • Options
    Morrison was lucky not to be sent off. On another day he would have gone for the challenge on Brown.
  • Options
    I thought it was one of the most baffling refereeing displays I have seen for a long time, there was no consistency in his decisions at all. Will look at it again tonight on the FL Show but thought it was a stonewall penalty in the first half on Church and a very soft penalty for them.
  • Options
    Utter disgrace/cheat.

sounds a bit childish but he really got to me today..utter clueless ponce.

Church was tripped in the 1st half, was a penalty.

theirs wasn't.

the worst I've seen in years. possibly ever.

• Options
    Useless short arse numpty
  • Options
    Some of the decisions were baffling, but worse for me was the way he allowed the Dirty Leeds players to roll around and get the game stopped every time they lost a tackle.

Pathetic refereeing that gifted the game to the the cheating Norvs. Being a generous sort I'd score him 2/10.
  • Options
    Dreadful referee, so biased in favour of Leeds. Does anyone know where he is from - must be Yorkshire.
  • Options
    I'd score him -10
  • Options
    Amazing how a dirty team like leeds can be rolling around constantly on the floor. Every time they went down with with the ball nowhere near them he stopped the game when we had possesion.The bloke was a disgrace and not just the penalty shouts,he must have given them 80% of the 50/50 shouts.really pissed off.
  • Options
    He was guessing all afternoon. Sometimes he guessed right, most of the time he guessed wrong. Couldn't distinguish between a foul and a dive.

Looks like WBA also had the same problem at Chelsea today. Diving and feigning injury obviously pays dividends.