Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    " I want to stay here with them because I can only see us getting better."

“I’d like them to be sorted but of course yeah, I want to manage here.

“I’m the longest serving in the Championship, which is bizarre, but I want to remain that way and for me to do that we have to do well and be successful and I want my fans to know that.

“I want us to all move together, make sure our future is bright and my future is here alongside my players here at Charlton Athletic.”

SCP we're not worthy

• Options
    I'm reminded of that Alan Partridge scene when he wants a new series.

Come on Jimenez/Slater give the lads new contracts you bastards !
  • Options
    Certainly a gentle reminder to the board.
  • Options

I'm reminded of that Alan Partridge scene when he wants a new series.

Lets hope jimenez doesnt snuff it half way through signing a deal
  • Options
    Smell my cheese, you mother!
  • Options
    I reckon he could well walk in the summer.
  • Options
    I admire Chris Powell more and more as a man, despite my occasional whinge about coaching and tactics. I think the picture which he is painting in this article is what all of us are wanting to see. Directors, management and team, players, supporters, all moving forward together in unison. No daft promises, no hidden agenda, just honest collective spirit, and see how for we can take it. COYR
  • Options

If they do not renew his contract he will have too, cant see him working for nothing?
  • Options
    a good reminder without sounding frustrated or apportioning blame. much more likely to put real pressure on the board to do the right thing without the need to call them out directly.

he always says the right things. doesnt let emotion cloud his better judgment.
  • Options
    Call me cynical but I read that article as SCP basically saying that if the board doesn't pull their fingers out and sign up the players to new contracts then he's off. Of course, he said it in a very nice way!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When exactly does Chris's contract expire ?
  • Options
    This should be pointed in the direction of anyone who continually comes up with the idea that he would happily leave.
  • Options
    If the players are not going to be signed up to new contracts, then what is the plan, I wonder?
  • Options
    He will walk in the summer and we will employ joe kinnear as manager.
  • Options

If the players are not going to be signed up to new contracts, then what is the plan, I wonder?

• Options

He will walk in the summer and we will employ joe kinnear as manager.

Lol, if this happens I hope they keep up with the free tickets for lapsed season ticket holders because there will be a lot of them.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    30 June 2013 would be my guess.

We know it expires next summer and most football contracts end on that same date.

But by March if not earlier the manager at any club will need to have a fairly clear plan of how he is going to re-structure his squad over the coming summer.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

Call me cynical but I read that article as SCP basically saying that if the board doesn't pull their fingers out and sign up the players to new contracts then he's off. Of course, he said it in a very nice way!

i read it the same way. and i am really impressed that Chris is doing all in his powers, limited albeit, to put pressure in the only way that is positive
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Nothing cynical about it, of course he will be off because he will be out of work !

Absolute farce of a situation in a dozen different ways.

• Options
    edited November 2013

If they do not renew his contract he will have too, cant see him working for nothing?
    Can you imagine if he did a season without being paid, you can see other clubs falling over themselves to give him a contract as manager just out of sheer admiration.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will be the most nervous January transfer window yet.

Players with no offer on the table from us will be touting themselves around to find a club.

You and I would do the same in these circumstances.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Can you imagine if he did a season without being paid, you can see other clubs falling over themselves to give him a contract as manager just out of sheer admiration.
    If he wants to work for nothing I will give him a job :-)
  • Options
    What astounds me is the fact that the board don't see it as good business to sign him up on a long term deal. They must have a reason but I can't see it.
  • Options

This will be the most nervous January transfer window yet.

Players with no offer on the table from us will be touting themselves around to find a club.

You and I would do the same in these circumstances.

Doesn't that class as Whoring yourself out?
  • Options
    The fact that he is still at Charlton proves that he loves Charlton. Most managers would have walked months ago.
  • Options

What astounds me is the fact that the board don't see it as good business to sign him up on a long term deal. They must have a reason but I can't see it.

The board are not Charlton fans though are they, CP is just another manager/employee to them. Its a results game and if they feel they could get someone in to do better I really think they would do it.

There was uproar when Southampton sacked Adkin's, talk of a boycott, season tickets to be ripped up etc etc.

Now look, near on a full house each week, top 6 most of the season.............................Adkin's......who's he?
  • Options

Personally, I assume that the board (most boards) are looking to reduce wages.

If they offer new contracts, early doors, then they must be keen to keep the player/manager & would find ,it more difficult, to say, "we really value & want to keep you, so here's a reduced contract !"

However, if they play the waiting game, they're hoping that the players won't get better offers & they can then be re-signed on reduced contracts. Like Evina.

I understand the dilemna, but it's high risk.

However, Jimenez & Slater are all about high risk.

Just my opinion.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Huskaris said:

The fact that he is still at Charlton proves that he loves Charlton. Most managers would have walked months ago.

CP certainly comes accross as a very honourable man which is why he is loved by the fans. Just a pity the club cannot afford to back him.
  • Options

The board are not Charlton fans though are they, CP is just another manager/employee to them. Its a results game and if they feel they could get someone in to do better I really think they would do it.

There was uproar when Southampton sacked Adkin's, talk of a boycott, season tickets to be ripped up etc etc.

Now look, near on a full house each week, top 6 most of the season.............................Adkin's......who's he?

As I said in a separate thread a few months back, although Adkins being sacked was a disgrace he never played for them, never had the same association and affinity and wasn't a club legend as a player.

I genuinely think there would be a boycott, season tickets ripped up if that happened here, also I don't think the fans properly turned on the owners at Saints, here Slater and Jimenez would get a ridiculous amount of abuse, would make it impossible for them to bring clients, family to games etc.
  • Options
    ^ Trouble is people follow blindly, we have already had plenty of fans say in the past that they support the club and not the manager.