Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Music You'd Like Played At The Valley?

Comments

• Ross said:

I tell you what I don't like. The 'This Is The Valley' video played, the atmosphere heighten, only for the video to finish and an upbeat song get played before the teams come out. Ruins the atmosphere totally.

Agreed. The build-up to the Hartlepool game, the celebration of our promotion as champions, was fantastic precisely because we weren't battered by chainsaw guitars over the PA system. Yes, there were opera singers on the pitch, but during their breaks the expectant buzz of the crowd was allowed to swell naturally. When you go to see a band, you're not subjected to loud music before they take the stage because that would diminish the impact of the band itself. I suggest some Bach or Stravinsky at The Valley, played at a low level to allow the crowd noises to develop.

And that guy has got to stop screaming "GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND MAKE SOME NOISE - COME ON YOU REDS" as if we are a bunch of recalcitrant children.

• I loved it when we played this ...

http://youtu.be/yuq8UAT-if8
  • The final countdown as our players walk out.
  • "Agadoo" followed by "O What an Atmosphere" everyone will be swinging their pants!
  • The Red Red Robin, end of !
  • London calling
  • I'd like to hear Seven Nation Army played after every goal, followed by the crowd chanting the name of the scorer 3 times.

Let's get some cheerleaders as well.
  • White limo by the Foo fighters followed by Kashmir as the teams come out.
  • Led Zeppelin "Communication breakdown". Ben Hamer would love it...
  • Sponsored links:

• early years back at the valley 93 season im sure we used to come out to the theme of the comman man got it in my head alan mclearly walking out of the portacabin with a mascot with that belting out over the pa.
  • Heroes - David Bowie
  • ^^^^ Good choice. Although I personally think V2-Schneider will get everyone pumping.
  • Ross said:

I tell you what I don't like. The 'This Is The Valley' video played, the atmosphere heighten, only for the video to finish and an upbeat song get played before the teams come out. Ruins the atmosphere totally.

Agreed. The build-up to the Hartlepool game, the celebration of our promotion as champions, was fantastic precisely because we weren't battered by chainsaw guitars over the PA system. Yes, there were opera singers on the pitch, but during their breaks the expectant buzz of the crowd was allowed to swell naturally. When you go to see a band, you're not subjected to loud music before they take the stage because that would diminish the impact of the band itself. I suggest some Bach or Stravinsky at The Valley, played at a low level to allow the crowd noises to develop.

And that guy has got to stop screaming "GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND MAKE SOME NOISE - COME ON YOU REDS" as if we are a bunch of recalcitrant children.

"That guy"... most charming.

• Yeah Dave
  • I can't be the first person to suggest Kick Out The Jams by The MC5.
  • How about P!nk - Get the Party Started
  • Some cracking ideas & songs , never seen some of these videos before!
  • Sponsored links:

• hawksmoor said:

I can't be the first person to suggest Kick Out The Jams by The MC5.

Now this suggestion I like^
  • 1812 Concerto with real cannons .......
  • hawksmoor said:

You properly are but a good call. Radio Edit version though as we are a family club

• I love it when Into The Valley is played. That rumbling bassline at the start and the scratchy guitar riff before the main tune kicks in. Wonderful prelude to a game. Got street cred as a song and obviously fits perfectly. Several away fans have commented to me about this. Incidentally, about the only good thing about last week's trip to Burnley was the music played at Turf Moor. The Jam, The Vaccines etc etc
  • hawksmoor said:

You properly are but a good call. Radio Edit version though as we are a family club
    Absolutely, we couldn't have, 'KICK OUT THE JAMS MOTHER*******! blaring out the PA. They'll be Bovril all over the place.

• Music You'd Like Played At The Valley?

The Funeral March as the Spanners slink off after a 6-0 gubbing by the mighty Addicks!
  • Laurel and Hardy Theme
  • Got to be London Calling and then Into The Valley- get the crowd reved up....The problem after that is Red Red Robin is a bit of a buzzkill for most of the crowd, but I guess it might whip the east stand up a bit, as long as they don't spil their cocoa.
  • Back in the day they used to play London Calling, into the valley and We're Gonna Win by Bryan Adams which I used to like. I think something like I bet you look good on the dancefloor by Arctic Monkeys would get the crowd going. The first 15 seconds alone is enough to get the crowd going.