Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Music You'd Like Played At The Valley?

Much has been made in marketing speak , about 'the matchday experience' , but for me i do think songs played before the match , at half time , and after a match all contribute , and add to this.

Building on the fantastic match at the Valley last night against Forest ( and superb crowd noise) what music would you like to be played at the Valley on Saturday , or any other home games this season , to really get the crowd in a positive frame of mind , in good voice and right behind the lads.

(Please note, i do not choose or play the music at the Valley , but hopefully the person that does will read this and take note). :-0

Comments

• Options
    Get rid of the Red, Red Robin and replace with "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner. It will inspire the team.
  • Options
    Steady on Henry, thats a bit too controversial! :-0
  • Options
    "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" - the 12'' version with the whistling. lol.
  • Options
    Can we have The Clash - London Calling back used to love that
  • Options
    On a serious note I would like them to play my recording of "Valley Floyd Rd" (other fans may have also contributed) about 60 seconds before KO.

With time the fans will join in and the music can be cut to allow the fans to carry on singing as the game begins. And it would mean the song being sung at the right speed!!!!
  • Options
    Sorely tempted to rename myself as Red Red Robin and offer myself as a replacement for Henry Irving!
  • Options
    All together now by the farm.. Tune.. And sums up how we must be in the current light of day.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Being an 80's boy , and the fact i've had to wait 30 years for cheque shirts to come back into fashion , i'm all over this , would love to hear this blaring out at the Valley.

The lead singer of Big Country also used to be in the Skids , and we play ' into the Valley ' quite often by the Skids , this is like one of those 5 steps to Kevin Bacon! :-0

Guaranteed to get 3 pints on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5SkiBna24

• Options
    Did Red, Red Robin get an airing last night or was it marginalised again?
  • Options
    I always feel happy when we play Queens "We are the champions".................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wham - Club Tropicana. For no other reason than that it makes me smile in a guilty way.

Bad Manners - Special Brew.
  • Options
    The Rocky 4 soundtrack.

When I saw Brescia they did actually play the soundtrack from the first film. They then went 2-0 down within 20 minutes. Clearly 'Hearts on Fire' would have made the difference.
  • Options
    Was played Len, but still sounds quieter than it used to.
  • Options
    I tell you what I don't like. The 'This Is The Valley' video played, the atmosphere heighten, only for the video to finish and an upbeat song get played before the teams come out. Ruins the atmosphere totally.
  • Options
    I would like Muleskinner Blues by the Fendermen please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV-kHj4f8SQ
  • Options

Get rid of the Red, Red Robin and replace with "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner. It will inspire the team.

Nah. My heart will go on by Celine Dion. Far more appropriate.

• Options
    iainment said:

I would like Muleskinner Blues by the Fendermen please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV-kHj4f8SQ

Love the video!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I used to like hearing The Skids. It works better before RRR than at half time though.
  • Options
    ......or perhaps we could have a different song depending who the opponents are.

Making plans for Nigel....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be a good one to at the end if we win. Been done before, but not for ages.
  • Options
    Another vote for the Rocky 4 soundtrack here, some brilliant tracks.

I really like the 'This Is The Valley' video, would be good if it was followed up by something for the fans to sing along to straight afterwards though to keep the momentum going.

Was enjoying the Manics last night!
  • Options

Absolutely this
  • Options
    one for yann if he ever returns..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T6e3GJCjow

;-)
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Absolutely this
    Closely followed by Into the Valley by the Skids

• Options
    I stood in for Glovepup last night and can confirm I played both Into the Valley and London Calling.

Red red robin was played at the loudest possible volume from the CD player.
  • Options
    Watford had it right on New Year's Day with the hard dance music
  • Options
    I'll never forget the Watford New Year's Day playlist. Absolute killer of a hangover and on an early kick off. Felt like I was still in The Venue!
  • Options
    Status quo - rocking all over the world
    It also helps if the volume is turned up!!
    A. It was my granddads favourite song and B. it's a great tune to get everyone singing along to. Great atmosphere on Tuesday it really does make a difference