Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks - Charlton v Nottingham Forest

Comments

• Options
    Hamer 6 stop dithering and throw the bloody ball out
    Wilson 8 best game in a Charlton shirt.
    Morrison 7 big performance
    Wood 7 good
    Wiggins 5.5 poor tonight and nothing like the player of last season
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Gower 6.5
    Harriott 6 not his natural position but gave it a go
    Church 5.5 didn't see much quality.
    Sordell 6

Hughes n/a
    Pigott n/a Thought he looked sharp and recovered from Millwall.
    Devite n/a
  • Options

Hamer 5- cant really blame him for the goal, distribution was awful again though (lets look at Alnwick?)
    Wilson 7 -for someone whos a RM he did well in Solly's place again, good assist
    Morrison 6 -didnt win all balls but did well
    Wood 8 - indomitable most of the game, should have had a penalty too
    Wiggins 5 - going forward he looked good, defensively he had only on outstanding moment for me, Evina deserves a run out
    Stephens 7 - great 2nd half, solid 1st. Passing was crisp
    Cousins 8 - for his age he was amazing, real solid midfielder
    Gower 6 - few decent passes, when he ran forward he really pressured the defense, but did that rarely
    Harriott 7 - worked hard and harassed the flanks, did good
    Church 7 - worked his socks off bless him
    Sordell 7 - poachers goal, good goal. His passes were fantastic, had more positive body language today

Hughes 7 - (for his short time) Didnt really mess up, was calm and collect
    Pigott 6 - didnt win enough balls in the air for me but did himself proud, good effort
    Devite n/a (on too late to judge him)
  • Options
    Hamer 5.5
    Wilson 8 MOTM
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 6.5
    Gower 6.5
    Harriott 6.5
    Church 6.5
    Sordell 6.5
  • Options
    Hamer 6
    Wilson 5
    Morrison 6
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 8
    Stephens 8
    Cousins 8 MOM
    Gower 6
    Harriott 7
    Church 5
    Sordell 6
  • Options

Hamer 6
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 6
    Wood 6.5
    Wiggins 6
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 6.5
    Gower 6
    Harriott 6
    Sordell 8
    Church 6

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Hamer 5 - could do with a rest. Not communicating with defenders and distribution is not good.

Wilson 8 - I am quick to criticise Wilson but he was immense tonight especially as he was often left exposed in the first half. Stuck at it and a threat coming forward. Great assist for the goal.

Morrison 6 - less flappy than recently but missed a sitter.

Wood 8 - somebody said "boof". Sums it up. Great game. Good player. Gives us balance.

Wiggins 7 - iffy first half. Terrific second.

Stephens 9 - showed the class we know he has. Needs to do this consistently.

Cousins 9 - great performance. Could have scored. Old head on young shoulders. Should now be a fixture.

Gower 5 - I thought he was poor. Off the pace and unadventurous. Others obviously saw something I didn't.

Harriott -- 5. Headles chicken. Left Wilson way too exposed at times. Went for the dramatic finish when needed some exposure. Looks to me to have gone backwards in his development but suspect his role tonight confused him as much as it did me.

Church 6 - gets points for effort and I like him but I'm increasingly of the view that it is effort to no real effect. Not particularly talented. Harsh I know but how I see it.

Sordell 6 - scored but he is basically crap. Looks disinterested for long periods then tries to be Pele. Not my cup of tea. Come back soon Yann

Hughes 7 - great cameo. Sensible and held it all together.

Piggott n/a but doesn't look up to this level yet

Devite n/a
  • Options
    gower 4 Wow
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the Wilson 5 and the Cousins 6.5 in the previous two posts even more :D
  • Options
    Hamer 6.5
    Wilson 7.5
    Morrison 8
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 7
    Stephens 7
    Cousins 7.5
    Gower 7
    Harriott 6.5
    Church 7
    Sordell 7
  • Options

gower 4 Wow

You're right. On reflection a tadge harsh. I've upped to five.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 6 positioning poor for the goal but cracking saw in the first half! Distribution slow at times.
    Wilson 7.5 I thought he was injured after getting a hefty tackle in the first half. Got battered but worked hard and played well.
    Morrison 7 decent but needs to look to play it simple to Wilson at times. Why didn't he head the ball at the end!!!
    Wood 8.5 cracking performance! Left footer who gave the defence balance.
    Wiggins 7 glad to see him looking more comfortable.
    Stephens 8 passing was superb. Should've had a couple. Kept things ticking.
    Cousins 9 MOTM please sign him up! Demonic tackling and closing down. Hit the post too!
    Gower 8 passing great again. It's the simple things that he does which kept things moving.
    Harriott 7.5 looked good in the middle. Needs to release the ball quicker at times but still learning.
    Church 7 moving was great, tracking back was great, jut not a lot of luck in front of goal today.
    Sordell 8 I thought he was brilliant. His movement was great in the first half, finding space and tracking back. Took his goal well and always looking to shoot. On another day could've had more.

Hughes n/a great to see him back. His passing is brilliant and he gives the team a lift. A player who will always give 100%.
    Pigott n/a
    Devite n/a
  • Options
    5 is fairer
  • Options
    Hamer - 6
    Wilson - 8
    Morrison - 6.5
    Wood -7
    Wiggins - 7
    Stephens - 7
    Cousins - 7.5
    Gower - 6
    Harriott - 6
    Church - 5.5
    Sordell - 6.5
  • Options
    I may have been harsh on Cousins at 6.5. Itry to measure against the same criteria each week, but as a new young player he will get consistent, and then get top marks all the time I reckon.
  • Options
    Honestly someone gave hame a 7?

What the fuck

He cost us B
  • Options
    Hamer 6 - Not giving the defence much confidence at the moment, and at fault for the goal in my view
    Wilson 9 MOTM - Getting better all the time, very accomplished performance
    Morrison 7 - OK, but still making the odd mistake
    Wood -8 - Very steady at the back
    Wiggins - 7.5 Started really well but faded a bit second half
    Stephens - Ditto
    Cousins - 8.5 Looks a really good prospect
    Gower - 6 Had a quietish game in my view
    Harriott - 7 OK, but lost the ball a bit too much in good situations
    Church - 7 Willing runner as always but not a lot of end product
    Sordell - 6.5 - Poor first half but improved after the break, good to see him get a goal
  • Options
    I have to admit I was worried when I saw the lineup and feared a right thumping. I am very pleased to be so wrong.

Hamer 6
    Wilson 7.5 massive improvement, made mistakes but did so much right.
    Morrison 6.5 better but still off his best I reckon
    Wood 7 thought he did well
    Wiggins 6.5 as Morrison
    Stephens 7.5 more like this please
    Cousins 8 was everywhere, just edges Wilson for MoM IMO
    Gower 6
    Harriott 7 was a bit naive at times but tracked back well
    Church 6 lots of running, was frustrating as he can't win the ball in the air. But at least there was less of that today
    Sordell 7 didn't notice him much 1st half, improved second to the point where he was tracking back when Forest countered.

Thought Hughes and Pigott did well, Dervite wasn't on long enough to say much about. All in all a good game, one a neutral would have enjoyed. thought Forest were a threat thoughout, Reidy's goal was fabulous and no cards until extra time. Superb atmosphere, we definietly lifted the team I reckon.
  • Options
    Hamer 6.5
    Wilson 8
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7
    Wiggins 7
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 7
    Gower 7
    Harriott 7
    Church 6.5
    Sordell 7
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Matt & Jayden

Hamer- 5 (Please give alwick ago dosn't look confidence and should have spoke to the defense more)
    Wilson - 6.5 (At times tried long ball to much, but had moments of brilliance at the same time was unlucky with first half shot. Extra half for assist)
    Morrison 5.5 (Not confident playing outta defense hesitant at times)
    Wood 8.0 (Bossed it)
    Wiggins 7.5 (Done well, Some excellent balls in the box)
    Stephens 6.5 (Quite lazy at times but does have ability wish he would try harder)
    Cousins 9.0 (What a player we could have here. Brilliant for such a young guy)
    Gower 6.5 (Good stuff at times)
    Harriott 7 (Tried hard)
    Church 6. (Runs alot but nothing else really)
    Sordell 7 (Took the ball well. great linkup play. reminds me of BWP needs to work a little hard)

Hughes - 7.5 (Calmed down the game. Looked composed we have missed him)
    Pigott 7 - Won a few Headers and good with his feet. had a good chance too. Could be a good future prospect
    Devite 6 - Done what was required

CP : 10 (Half time talk and subs)
    FANS :: 11 (That was special well done lads)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Hamer 6
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 7
    Wood 9
    Wiggins 7
    Stephens 8
    Cousins 8
    Gower 7
    Harriott 7
    Church 7
    Sordell 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    whoops...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    keep pressing quote instead of edit. delete.
  • Options
    Hamer - 6
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Wood - 8
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Stephens - 7.5
    Cousins - 8
    Gower - 7
    Harriott - 7
    Church - 7
    Sordell - 7
  • Options
    Hamer - 7
    Wilson - 7.5
    Morrison - 7
    Wood - 8
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Stephens - 7.5
    Cousins - 7.5
    Gower - 6.5
    Harriott - 7
    Church - 7
    Sordell - 7
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hamer 6.5 I can forgive him the goal but not continually kicking long to midgets
    Wilson 8 MOM Won all his battles as a defender and winger
    Morrison 5.5 Hoof hoof and more hoof were gobbled up by their CBs
    Wood 7.5 Brought the ball out better than any CH for years and solid too
    Wiggins 7 Has he lost a bit of pace? better 2nd half
    Stephens 7.5 At centre of everything, lost half point through lack of tempo
    Cousins 8 Assured performance, must be first name on team sheet
    Gower 6.5 Kept things ticking but a tad slow
    Harriott 7 As mentioned above, not all came off but kept them guessing. Better 2nd
    Church 5.5 Runs around but too slow to pressure defence. Won zero in air.
    Sordell 7 More like it. Needs to close down more but always a threat

Negatives: Even when losing we strolled around for throw-ins rather than try to catch people out or dictate tempo. Continual long balls to forwards who never won an aerial challenge all night. Ref who let blatant fouls go unpunished gifting them possession, but gave them every 50/50 decision.
  • Options
    Hamer 4.5 From what I saw, was at fault for the goal. I think he came forward to punch, then thought he could catch it, but by then all his weight was forward, so couldn't back peddle. Lots of criticism for his distribution. I can cope with that, (let's face it, Deano's distribution wasn't great!) but what I can't accept is his poor communication. I don't think he gives the defence any confidence.

Wilson 7 Poor Lawrie! Gets constantly marked down by some, because he's not Chris Solly. An excellent performance as a FULL back, not a wing back, capped with an assist. And didn't he LOVE that assist. If he carries on like this, Chris will battle to get his place back.

Morro 6.5 I'm not his biggest fan, and his distribution isn't great if he tries to be too adventurous, but I thought this was one of his better performances. Pretty solid throughout, and looked very strong. Not sure he communicates enough to be captain.

Wood 7 There are a number of things I like about Woody. First being left footed, he gives us balance. 2nd he is a talker and organiser. More composed on the ball than Morro. But mostly this bloke is NAILS!

Wiggins 6 Still looked the weakest of the defence. Dawdled around too much in the attacking area in the 1st hut some signs in the 2nd of him getting back to his best. A couple of runs, where he showed his old pace. One excellent tackle in the first half.

Cousins 8.5 Outstanding. I was struck by what a physical presence he is. He looks so much bigger and stronger he looks than the other midfielders BOTH sides. One tackle in the 1st half that reminded me of Scotty Parker at his best. No one has mentioned the excellent block he made on a shot in the 2nd half. Played 90 minutes, and looked like he could have played another 90. And hit the woodwork!

Stephens 8 Have we finally found the formation to get the best of Dale? Kept things ticking well, and covered when needed. Should have scored in the 1st half.

Gower 5.5 I'm a big fan of Mark, I think he is the best passer of a ball at the club. Keeps things ticking nicely, but no real defence splitting passes. Perhaps doing a job for the side?

Harriott. 6 Credit to CP for starting with a diamond midfield, and putting Cal at the point. To benefits were twofold. It means Cal has more room on the park, and can get away from strong full backs. It also relieves him somewhat from defensive duties which, to put it politely, is not his strong point. Makes it easier for him to get forward to help in attack. Not perfect, but effective, allowed him to set the tempo.

Sordell 7 I thought this was a decent performance. One cracking pass in the 1st half. Once he scored, took a "shoot on sight" attitude which I like in a striker. It shows confidence. He is never going to have the work rate of a Church or a Yann. He's more of a Alfa Romeo, than a Range Rover.

Church 5.5 Another "never say die" performance. Becoming one if my favourite players. However, needs better service to feet than he is getting at the moment.

A few general comments about what happened.

I have praised CP, but must now damn him. 10 minutes to go, and Forest on the ropes. Time to finish them off! So, as a last substitution replace Harriott with...Dervite? At 1-1, why not bring on Stewart to use his pace, and have a real blast at them?

Church. Simon went off injured, and was limping badly at the end. Looked a doubt for Saturday. Time to recall Smith? Do it now, don't leave it until Friday, so he can train with the squad. Or risk only having 2 fit strikers for Blackpool.

Luck. We're having plenty of it at the moment. All bad. 3 different goalmouth scrambles last night, with Forest having no idea what was happening, but contrived to clear it every time. And we hit the woodwork. Then Church injured. Add Millwall's deflected goal to that, and we really are suffering at the moment. I hope this streak ends soon.
  • Options
    Hamer 5
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 6.5
    Wood. 8
    Wiggins7.5
    Stephens 7
    Cousins 7.5
    Gower 7.5
    Harriott 7
    Church 7
    Sordell 6.5

Hughes n/a
    Pigott n/a
    Devite n/a

How did we not score the winning goal. Team showed passion and commitment what else can we ask. Gutted to only draw we deserved more
  • Options
    Hamern 6 he does not dominate his goal area, may have been at fault for the goal.
    Wilson 7 was the best defender last night
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7 wish he could clear the ball forward with more control
    Wiggins 7 his best perfomance so far this season. still his passing is not what it was.
    Stephens 7 tackled last night unusual for him
    Cousins 8 calm and collected with ball at his feet, looks years more experienced than he is.
    Gower 7
    Harriott 7 he got back and defended well, also made some good runs forward.
    Church 6, musssed to many oppurtunities to score, but worrked hard and made some good passes into their box
    Sordell his best game so far, took his goal well, his runs off the ball made space for others.

• Options
    Hamer 5
    Wilson 8
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7.5
    Wiggins 7.5
    Stephens 7.5
    Cousins 8.5
    Gower 7
    Harriott 6.5
    Church 7
    Sordell 7.5

• Options
    Hamer - 5.5
    Wilson - 8
    Morrison 7
    Wood 7.5 (loses half a mark- didn't he needlessly give away the free kick?)
    Wiggins 7
    Stephens 7.5 (finishing let him down...)
    Cousins 9
    Gower 6.5
    Harriott 6.5
    Church 6
    Sordell 7.5