Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options

Very good win for the Darts at Welling. Meet again new years day.

Indeed - superb winning goal by Pavey - win in the return fixture and that's 7 points over Christmas for Darts - hopefully they can pull out a proper lead at the top of the division now - it's v v tight at the moment
  • Options
    Now find that Dover is my local non-league side. Having had a flying start to the season, they've been pegged back a little just lately.

A double banker against Maidstone and home fixture with Halifax over the holiday period.
    Here's to 7 points at least to get them back in the mix.
  • Options

Very good win for the Darts at Welling. Meet again new years day.

Indeed - superb winning goal by Pavey - win in the return fixture and that's 7 points over Christmas for Darts - hopefully they can pull out a proper lead at the top of the division now - it's v v tight at the moment
    Dartford are a bit of a yo-yo side really, highly competitive in NL South, but unable to compete in the NL against the larger clubs with full time squads
  • Options
    Went to Harlow v Hendon today. Hendon won 3-0 and Niko Muir scored all three.

He's on 29 for the season now.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Great win for Dartford yesterday. I was following this on twitter and the final scoreline sounded deceptive. From Dartford's second goal till they got their third, the Dartford updates said it was end to end stuff and the next goal could have gone either way. It went to Dartford, quickly followed by a fourth, but scoreline aside, sounded like a good local derby. Deserved win in the end, but that division is very level and the table shows nothing is decided yet.
  • Options
    Just to clarify, you never went but it was a deserved win.
    Thanks for you unbiased opinion
  • Options
    Was the game at PVR a deserved win also?
  • Options
    We scored three more goals than Welling. I don't claim to be unbiased, I"m a Dartford fan. But when one team outscores the other, that's generally merit enough. Welling could claim the Dartford keeper was forced to make some good saves. And he did. Possibly another element suggesting the win was deserved. Are you suggesting a draw would have been fairer, or a Welling win?
  • Options
    What I am suggesting is that I wouldn't make assumptions without witnessing the event. A twitter feed from my club wouldn't form my match report.
    That aside, the difference in both games has been Alfie Pavey.
    Someone who was at Welling at the start of the season.
    Just a shame they couldn't keep hold of him.
    Would have been a different game if Healy effort on 46 minutes had found the top corner rather than producing a great save.
    For what it's worth had a nice win on Dartford Boxing Day, and have had them at 8/1 for the league, so although gutted about Wellings recent run of form, won't have sleepless nights.
  • Options
    Regards the Healy effort, I thought I.d implied that for a long period in the second half the game could have gone either way. Anyway, none of it was meant as a dig, or even a match report (I like non league and I post a lot as no one where I live gives a flying f*** about Charlton or Dartford) so sorry if you thought I was doing otherwise. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    No worries Ken.
    You missed a couple of cracking games.
    As a final sign off mate, Dartford will need to improve their game if they are to repeat what Maidenhead and Ebbsfleet are presently achieving.
    All the best.
  • Options
    To be honest, it's that open I'm not even thinking about promotion just yet. But given we are no where near walking the league we are in, I agree we'll need to make huge changes even to avoid relegation if we go up. Still, that's a long way off as it stands.
  • Options

Was the game at PVR a deserved win also?

Yes it was
  • Options
    Dartford is shit stain on the map.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Thought that was Croydon
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Don't hold back - tell us what you really think
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

'You got a cute way of talkin'
  • Options
    I will. Fuck off Dartford, Ebbsfleet, Maidstone and Dover.
  • Options

But not Gillingham, Chatham, Sittingbournw, Margate, Ramsgate, Tonbridge etc etc - shame, they are hurt to have been left out
  • Options

No worries Ken.
    As a final sign off mate, Dartford will need to improve their game if they are to repeat what Maidenhead and Ebbsfleet are presently achieving.
    All the best.

I doubt Dartford financially can afford to follow the examples of Maidenhead and Ebbsfleet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But not Gillingham, Chatham, Sittingbournw, Margate, Ramsgate, Tonbridge etc etc - shame, they are hurt to have been left out
    Add them to my list if it makes you feel better.
  • Options

We scored three more goals than Welling. I don't claim to be unbiased, I"m a Dartford fan. But when one team outscores the other, that's generally merit enough. Welling could claim the Dartford keeper was forced to make some good saves. And he did. Possibly another element suggesting the win was deserved. Are you suggesting a draw would have been fairer, or a Welling win?

I was there - cracking game and Dartford well deserved the win. Both teams had chances but on the whole Dartford defended better. Hayes and Harris caused Welling problems down the right all afternoon.
  • Options
    I was also there. Welling had so many chances. I felt they were unlucky in only scoring 1 goal.

I'd forgotten what a good ground Dartord have. Easy parking, good chips and lovely warm bar for half time as it was bloody freezing outside. Also only takes 10 mins to get home. For a neutral this was a good afternoon - and Tonbridge Angels vs Billericay was rained off.
  • Options

No worries Ken.
    All the best.

I doubt Dartford financially can afford to follow the examples of Maidenhead and Ebbsfleet...
    Unfortunately that is true
  • Options
    Welling up 3-0
  • Options
    Played well. Battled hard and fully deserved.
    Bloody cold.
  • Options
    I went to St Albans 2-1 Chelmsford with @Stewart today. I'd love to love Chris Dickson but he was poor for Chelmsford, not that they created much. Stew had a chat with sub Danny Green and he was apparently really friendly and talkative (I was in the loos). The ground is nice and green and St Albans has some cool pubs.

I'll try and do Chelmsford before the end of the season but I'm put off by that running track and view. I think Borehamwood v Dover will be my next NL ground-hop.
  • Options

Played well. Battled hard and fully deserved.
    Bloody cold.

How did the new players get on mate?
  • Options
    You know what, I struggle to keep up with who's who.
    Got a new keeper in (must be the fifth this season), didn't have a shot to save so difficult to judge.
    Willard (Maidstone) came on as a late second half sub, so also difficult to judge.
    Started with three up front (Goldburg, Bradbrook, Romain), dropped back to 4-4-2 after going 2-0 up.
    Typical Welling though, go a goal up, chances for 2-0, then opponents get back into it, Romain works his socks off and gets a fortunate second, Welling relax and play football.
    Could have been more than three in the end.
    I guess after not winning in seven, your arse can get a bit twitchy when only one up.
    Braintree the end of the month will be a good indicator.
  • Options
    Varneys left Ebbsfleet in case you didn’t know.