Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Hartlepool United manager Craig Hignett and Dover Athletic counterpart Andy Hessenthaler said they discussed taking their players off the pitch after allegations of racial abuse.

Visitors Dover won 2-0, but the National League game was marred by abuse targeted at an Athletic player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49784650

• One of the better away games, never had any problems and the locals seemed friendly enough.

Apart from my first visit up there when they played Carlisle that is...................
  • Afraid iut is creeping into the game especially at National League level, look at what Nathan Ashmore of Ebbsfleet has endured in the last couple of seasons.
  • Huge game at Bromley tomorrow night when National League leaders, Bromley, face third-placed, Woking.
  • Welling 7-0 up in their FA Cup clash
    Welling home to Tavistock in the third Qualifying round, £11,250 in prize money for the winners.
  • Looking at the National League this season, i was amazed by the number of recent FL teams in it...

Yeovil,Hartlepool,Wrexham,Chesterfield,DagRed,Notts County,Barnet,Torquay,Aldershot.

Are all these teams still professional?
  • Looking at the National League this season, i was amazed by the number of recent FL teams in it...

Yeovil,Hartlepool,Wrexham,Chesterfield,DagRed,Notts County,Barnet,Torquay,Aldershot.

Not to mention Halifax (currently 2nd), Barrow, Stockport. In the National League North, there are York, Chester, Hereford, Kidderminster, Southport, Boston, Darlington, Gateshead and Bradford Park Avenue. You just don’t realise how many newbies have come into the League.
  • Made my first visit to Crabble yesterday to see my new local non-league team Dover. (Am I allowed to change from Welling now that I don't live in London?)

Nice ground, decent pies and drink not that expensive.  Football wasn't that bad and will probably take in a few more fixtures this season.  If Hessenthaler can resolve the home form they could be in the running. Crowd of 1,436 and suffered a last minute equalizer from Notts County who to be fair, outplayed Dover most of the game.

The National League is now basically a professional league, including the clubs who've never been in the FL

The National League is now basically a professional league, including the clubs who've never been in the FL
    Amazes me how only two teams get promoted still
  • Sponsored links:

• This Saturday 12th October

Other than raising awareness for a charity, which has to be very congratulated.  A shame that the majority of non-league teams ultimately do not see an increase of gates whatever scheme they promote.
  • edited October 2019
    Quick reminder for people who are looking to go and watch a decent non league game on Non League Day.

Welling Town play Erith & Belvedere in a local derby in the Buildbase FA Vase this coming Saturday on Non League Day. As its a split gate you will be helping BOTH clubs to make a few quid.

Welling Town are on an unbeaten run of 8 matches and are 5th in SCEFL Premier, the feeder league to the ex Ryman, now Bet Victor league.. 

Pay on the day at Bayliss Avenue, Thamesmead. Entrance will be around £7 and a programme will be on sale, theres a bar and you can watch the game with a drink in plastics. Hot food counter will be open too.

Its bound to be a feisty game as Welling Town pipped Erith & Belvedere to the title last season and both got promoted to SCEFL Premier.

• edited October 2019
    Had a strange old day yesterday....Hayes v Hendon in FA Cup.

Firstly, they didn't open the bar until 1.15pm and even then the Chairman hadn't arrived with the keys to the fridge, so there was little choice!

At half time, Hendon were 0-3 down including a shot off the post and back in off the back of the goalie's head!

2nd half....Hayes keeper does a Richard Wright and top-edges a punch which is knocked into the empty net (bit of a theme...see later) 1-3.

Hayes score a free-kick that the Hendon goalie should've saved 1-4.

Straight from kick off, Hendon player spots the Hayes goalie isn't in goal (he's having a nice little chat with the bench and a bit of drink....probably needed because he'd been shouting so much bollocks). Hendon player blasts a shot into the empty net from 50 yards 2-4.

Hendon surge forward and score again 3-4.

Hendon surge forward again and score again 4-4.

Hendon surge forward again and......the ball hits the onrushing keeper and loops onto the bar and back out again.

Hayes surge forward for the first time in a while, get their second soft penalty and Hendon are out of the cup and don't get the £11,250 they so badly need.

Hayes & Yeading 5 Hendon 4.

PS; The fight between a steward and the fella that ran the burger stall (on 55 mins) was almost completely forgotten about in the carnage.
  • Simonsen said:
    Had a strange old day yesterday....Hayes v Hendon in FA Cup.

Firstly, they didn't open the bar until 1.15pm and even then the Chairman hadn't arrived with the keys to the fridge, so there was little choice!

At half time, Hendon were 0-3 down including a shot off the post and back in off the back of the goalie's head!

2nd half....Hayes keeper does a Richard Wright and top-edges a punch which is knocked into the empty net (bit of a theme...see later) 1-3.

Hayes score a free-kick that the Hendon goalie should've saved 1-4.

Straight from kick off, Hendon player spots the Hayes goalie isn't in goal (he's having a nice little chat with the bench and a bit of drink....probably needed because he'd been shouting so much bollocks). Hendon player blasts a shot into the empty net from 50 yards 2-4.

Hendon surge forward and score again 3-4.

Hendon surge forward again and score again 4-4.

Hendon surge forward again and......the ball hits the onrushing keeper and loops onto the bar and back out again.

Hayes surge forward for the first time in a while, get their second soft penalty and Hendon are out of the cup and don't get the £11,250 they so badly need.

Hayes & Yeading 5 Hendon 4.

PS; The fight between a steward and the fella that ran the burger stall (on 55 mins) was almost completely forgotten about in the carnage.
    Doncha just love it. That's what non-leagues football's all about!
  • edited October 2019
    Whilst Welling Town cannot offer a discount as its a shared gate ...

There is an offer for floating fans to watch the Boots for £2 a game for the rest of the season,

This Non-League Day we welcome Erith and Belvedere in the FA Vase 1st Round to Bayliss Avenue, Thamesmead for a 3pm kick-off. Having had such a great battle in the race for the First Division title last season, we’ll look forward to resuming that rivalry this weekend.

With a shared gate for the cup we’re limited as to what offers we can give on the day itself, so we’d like to extend a season long offer for anyone attending this Saturday, or buying during the next 10 days.

Anyone attending this Saturday, or purchasing via our website in the next 10 days, can acquire a “Rest of the Season” season ticket for just £35. With 14 home league games remaining this season, that represents just £2.50 per game.

But it gets better, purchase AHEAD of this Saturday versus Erith and Belvedere in the FA Vase and we’ll cover your entry this weekend for you, effectively giving you the rest of the season’s league games for the equivalent of just £28 – £2 per game.

Fully transferable to one other individual as well, in the event you cannot attend but a friend wants to take advantage of your ticket. A great way to support your local side in between supporting your main side elsewhere, during the rest of 2019/20.

We hope you enjoy the game Saturday, and if you do, you’ll want to take advantage of enjoying watching us again for the rest of the season.

To take advantage of this offer, all you need do is click the link below and purchase your online ticket before the deadline of Friday 18th October.

Either way, we look forward to meeting many new faces this Saturday 12th on Non-League Day for Welling Town v Erith and Belvedere – just seven games from Wembley.

Support your local club. Support Non League Football. Support Non League Day.

#UpTheBoots

Visit the Welling Town website below.

http://wellingtown.co.uk/

Here is a promo video for the match this Saturday, hopefully a few Charlton fans will come along to support a local club on the up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBSbQTqzDQY&feature=youtu.be

• Hadn't ever heard much about Welling Town, but having just read about them their rise has been amazing. Only founded in 2014, still just a sunday league side in 2015 and only started playing saturday football 3 years ago. Have won a trophy in every season since.

Pretty remarkable to have got where they are now in such a short space of time.
  • The mighty Erith Town play Welling United at PVR after smashing Glebe 4-2 at Foxbury tonight in the London Senior Cup.

Up The Dockers!

• Yeovil appear to have got their act together. 7 wins out of 8. No relegated team out of the football league has gone back up as champions the following season. Looks like they will give Bromley a decent challenge this season for the title.
  • Yeovil appear to have got their act together. 7 wins out of 8. No relegated team out of the football league has gone back up as champions the following season. Looks like they will give Bromley a decent challenge this season for the title.
    They've just gone through a takeover havent they?

Remarkable that no team has ever won the Conference after being relegated the year before - Be good to see Yeovil back if they can, always liked the trips down there with Charlton

Can Bromley actually sustain this challenge or will they drop away a little?
  • Sponsored links:

Remarkable that no team has ever won the Conference after being relegated the year before - Be good to see Yeovil back if they can, always liked the trips down there with Charlton

Would happily be proved wrong by that stat. I think Bristol Rovers are the only relegated team to have won promotion in last twenty years. History doesn’t favour ex league teams. 
  • So went back to 1996...

Cheltenham are the only team to win the Conference having been relegated from League Two the previous year - that would have been when they had Dillon Phillips on loan in 2016

Bristol Rovers (2015) | Carlisle (2005) | Shrewsbury (2004) have all won promotion straight back to League Two yet have done so via the Play-Offs

Like I said the other day; cant understand why it isnt three down from League Two now!!... there is absolutely no gap between the two levels anymore
  • This Saturday - if any of you are stuck for a game, you'd be welcome at Hendon v Salisbury at Silver Jubilee Park (Kingsbury) in The Southern Premier League.

Bring your Charlton season ticket and you'll get in for £6. 
  • Simonsen said:
    This Saturday - if any of you are stuck for a game, you'd be welcome at Hendon v Salisbury at Silver Jubilee Park (Kingsbury) in The Southern Premier League.

Will I get to see Dave Bedford sgain
  • Simonsen said:
    This Saturday - if any of you are stuck for a game, you'd be welcome at Hendon v Salisbury at Silver Jubilee Park (Kingsbury) in The Southern Premier League.

Will I get to see Dave Bedford sgain
    Not if he sees you first. 

Mind you, you'd be a quicker runner than him these days. 
  • Steve King named as manager of Dartford. Decent appointment for them, a very good manager.

I was at a Bromley game about a month ago and ended up in the pub at the bottom of Hayes Lane. Most of the Bromley that i spoke to reckon they will drop away and were expecting a bit of a struggle this season so their start has surprised a lot. A bit like us i suppose

Cheltenham are the only team to win the Conference having been relegated from League Two the previous year - that would have been when they had Dillon Phillips on loan in 2016

Bristol Rovers (2015) | Carlisle (2005) | Shrewsbury (2004) have all won promotion straight back to League Two yet have done so via the Play-Offs

Like I said the other day; cant understand why it isnt three down from League Two now!!... there is absolutely no gap between the two levels anymore
    Think a team did it following the first year of automatic relegation (Lincoln???)

Think a team did it following the first year of automatic relegation (Lincoln???)
    So went back to 1996...

Good call... Happened in the late 80s - Didnt go back that far hence not picking it up
  • edited October 2019
    Steve King named as manager of Dartford. Decent appointment for them, a very good manager.
    That's Xmas/New Year f***ed.
    If they have a good cup run, that could fund king to really have a good push with Dartford.
    Could be worth an E/W bet.