Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Solihull v Orient - 3rd vs 1st
    massive game today. A draw for Orient means a win on the final day should see them win the league ahead of Salford on GD (Salford against Fylde a tough game too)

live on BT sport
  • Options
    Riscardo said:
    Clapton Community FC won the Jim Rogers Presidents Cup ...

Happy Days

Thanks Trotsky
    Always a pleasure
  • Options
    Welling virtually certainties for 3rd position
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Welling virtually certainties 
  • Options
    Orient need a point to be mathematically up
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Welling virtually certainties 
    Played a virtual 2nd string at Thurrock today and were well beaten 4 1. Still been on the piss with @robboonthewing all day so not all bad
  • Options
    Huge game in the North this Saturday. 2nd v 1st. Chorley v Stockport.

Very disappointed that County lost to Blyth at the weekend. The game against Chorley will determine where the title goes - I hope County's fans behave themselves.
    Chorley won 2 0, massive blow for Stockport.
    Not over yet though.

Stockport have 2 easy games left, but Chorley go away to the team in 4th and then have the team in 6th at home.
    Back in County's hands following today's games, Chorley got beat while County won at home (att 6k). Stockport need to beat Nuneaton away in their last game to go up, Nuneaton are rock bottom already relegated with just 19 points. Chorley host Bradford PA who also badly need to win for their playoff hopes. Decent last day in the north!   
  • Options

Very disappointed that County lost to Blyth at the weekend. The game against Chorley will determine where the title goes - I hope County's fans behave themselves.
    Not over yet though.

Stockport have 2 easy games left, but Chorley go away to the team in 4th and then have the team in 6th at home.
    Back in County's hands following today's games, Chorley got beat while County won at home (att 6k). Stockport need to beat Nuneaton away in their last game to go up, Nuneaton are rock bottom already relegated with just 19 points. Chorley host Bradford PA who also badly need to win for their playoff hopes. Decent last day in the north!   
    Really pleased by the result - barring disaster County finally make it back to the National League.
  • Options
    Erith Town won 3-2 at Sheppey United and 4-2 at Erith Stadium over Tunbridge Wells over the weekend.

Joint 6th currently. My liver is taking a right hiding....
  • Options

Not over yet though.

Really pleased by the result - barring disaster County finally make it back to the National League.
    Hopefully they make it. A club with that kind of support shouldn't be slumming it in that division.

Also just seen that Chorley lost to a 93rd minute goal, if they'd hung on they'd be top with a goal difference 4 better than Stockport. Fine margins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stockport have sold out 2500 for Nuneaton away on the last day and (not surprisingly) have asked for even more tickets.
  • Options
    Eastbourne have just done enough to stay up this season. The season imploded after Christmas. Aldershot will probably be the big game next season.

• Options
    Eastbourne have just done enough to stay up this season. The season imploded after Christmas. Aldershot will probably be the big game next season.

Did you do the Eastbourne derby yesterday
  • Options
    clb74 said:

That was United v Town, a different division to Borough.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

They not in non league then 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Eh?!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Eh?!
    Its a non league thread I asked someone who lives in Eastbourne if he went to the derby game
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

Eh?!
    Its a non league thread I asked someone who lives in Eastbourne if he went to the derby game
    You're non-league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

I was busy yesterday so couldn’t go. Attendance was 410 was outstanding for county 1. They play these derby matches at 11AM which is a good idea.

Tbh, I only go to watch Eastbourne Borough when Charlton are playing away and my Dad hasn’t gone to the Charlton match. 

I can just about stomach division 6 football. I don’t think I could pay to watch football at a level which I used to play at. 
  • Options

Not over yet though.

Average home league attendance in the league is 4,002. More than some league one clubs and especially impressive when you consider opponents in that league bring very few away fans eg Curzon Ashton only brought 57 yesterday!

Hopefully a win next Saturday and all the die hards will be rewarded after years of misery, heartache, and mismanagement on and off the field. 

Ridiculous that Stockport fell so low really.

Amazingly in 1997/98, the season of Super Clive and Wembley, Stockport did the double over us! They finished 8th in the second tier whereas Manchester City were relegated...
  • Options
    Guy called Brandon Goodship banged in 36 for Poole. About same size as Charlie Austin and quite young. Anybody seen him play?
  • Options

Not over yet though.

Average home league attendance in the league is 4,002. More than some league one clubs and especially impressive when you consider opponents in that league bring very few away fans eg Curzon Ashton only brought 57 yesterday!

Hopefully a win next Saturday and all the die hards will be rewarded after years of misery, heartache, and mismanagement on and off the field. 

Ridiculous that Stockport fell so low really.

Amazingly in 1997/98, the season of Super Clive and Wembley, Stockport did the double over us! They finished 8th in the second tier whereas Manchester City were relegated...
    Things went wrong when previous owner Brian Kennedy (also owner of Sale Sharks RFU) 'gave' the club to the County supporters Trust, but kept ownership of the ground for his rugby team. The club quickly got into debt due to lack of assets, though ironically the current amount Man City's KDB or similar earn in a week would have saved it from administration. How fortunes change! 

In recent years it has always baffled me how clubs like Bury and Oldham, who get lower crowds and are regularly on the brink of financial ruin, seem to survive.  Maybe it is simply the fact that County lost the ownership of their ground. It should perhaps serve as a warning to other clubs in danger of doing the same thing due to a rogue owner............
  • Options
    This thread fascinates me. Is there much broad interest in non-league in England or is it a regional thing?
  • Options
    This thread fascinates me. Is there much broad interest in non-league in England or is it a regional thing?
    There is a lot of interest in non-league football, there is even a Sunday paper devoted solely to the pyramid.

The interest is generally regionalised as this is how the leagues are split apart from the few Premier Divisions nationally.

I attend around 40 non-league games a season groundhopping, even with attendances of around 50 often I am not the only groundhopper at the game.

Having said all this, talking to fans of professional clubs their attendance of non-league games is virtually non existant.
  • Options
    No they aren't! Accounts late, how many other companies do that? Quite a few!